Thread: Blacksmithing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blacksmithing

Only Reason why I am still BS is because I am server first for 450.

I feel like we got krapped on again. Going into WotlK I was happy where they had put us... BoE stuff for all.

And then WotLK hit, and they items were not as sucsessful as they should have been since you could get comparable heroic items for no money at all.

And it also left us with no craftable item for ourselves, and just ourselves, and no armorsmith, weaponsmith specific perks.

I trust they will go ahead and release patterns in the future to breath some life into us, just idk.

I will eventually level JC'ing to complement my BS'ing since atm for paladins that is the best min/max combo.

15+ Year Old Account

The so called healing plate patterns are complete trash. The belt has Strength FFS. The DPS and tanking plate seem to be in line with those calsses needs but come on, Healing plate without Int?

Someone truly Fkd up when they came up with the new BS patterns.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by mite
    I've been 450 bs for a couple months now hoping blizz would provide something, anything for this tradeskill. I do like the fact they increased the number of patterns, the sockets, and the belt buckle to be more in line with leatherworking but at this point bs is quite literally dead for me. Other tradeskills can purchase patterns/recipes from faction rep, bs can't. Other tradeskills patterns can drop in instances, bs don't. I've made everything I need for myself and friends since most useful recipes are boe. There currently isn't any recipes in game outside the trainer and have already crafted all the items I need from it. If this current state of bs stays where it is, I am going to drop it without losing anything. A couple suggestions would make bs more viable:

1. As with Leatherworking leg armor kits, let us make 'epic' (meta) sockets and/or various colored sockets including socket bonuses. This will open up the market alittle for bs (AH is full of boe crafted items that don't sell).

2. Switch titansteel manufactering to bs instead of mining (like alch has transmutes, tailoring has various threads, jc has dailies token for dragon's eye).
    Sorry, I find it hard to take the rest of your post seriously after reading the bolded part

in tbc, T5 and T6 instances had some blacksmith plans drop that allowed you to make some money crafting decent loot to sell on AH

Quote Originally Posted by Moriroken
    Sorry, I find it hard to take the rest of your post seriously after reading the bolded part
    Why is that? Sure, he can technically only have been 450 BS for a maximum of 55 days, just a few days short of two months. But it only took me a few days to get to 440 Blacksmithy from the point that I started out in WotLK, and I wasn't exactly trying that hard, and I imagine that if you wanted to grind out the last 10 points, despite not getting anything for it besides a server first or what have you, it would be easily doable. Especially easy if you have a guild to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    Why is that? Sure, he can technically only have been 450 BS for a maximum of 55 days, just a few days short of two months. But it only took me a few days to get to 440 Blacksmithy from the point that I started out in WotLK, and I wasn't exactly trying that hard, and I imagine that if you wanted to grind out the last 10 points, despite not getting anything for it besides a server first or what have you, it would be easily doable. Especially easy if you have a guild to help you out.
    Firstly, If he got to 450 on the first day (which I highly doubt), that's still not a "couple of months". And secondly, if he did that, without any clear intention of doing anything at 450, then he's short-sighted, goal-less, and again ... I can't take anything he says seriously.

Over and above that, the whining exuding from him (regarding dropping blacksmithing and not losing anything) is groundless, because the bottom line is that no profession will have the upper hand in terms of the benefits gained by doing said profession.

If his intention was to get 450 as a server first, then I'm sure he fulfilled that dream, which means he STILL has nothing to whine about.

Let him pick up another profession and get it to 450 in a few hours, and only then realise that the benefits gained from that profession are the same benefits he had as a blacksmith, only now, he's spend thousands of gold figuring that out.

For all of these reasons, I find it hard to take him, or anyone else complaining on the same lines, seriously. It's now nearly 6 months since we've known about how these professions are going to play ... the surprises / disappointments / delights and so on, should have been uncovered and accepted by now .. anyone complaining that the profession they blindly levelled to 450 NOW doesn't suit there innermost desires is a fool.

I think the general consensus right now is that JC > BS at the moment, but once the better epic gems hit the vendors in a future patch then BS > JC. That is assuming that WotLK unfolds like TBC did.

I've heard complaints from the other professions such as Leatherworkers, Tailors, and Engineers. The days of picking a profession to make raid-quality BoP epics are over, unless they re-introduce these patterns in a future patch.

Tailoring was horribly OP in TBC. Right now it's pretty much bags and flying carpets. Most profession items are outdone by heroic gear, and the ones that aren't are craftable BoE's so anybody can buy them.

So, for now, go BS for the 2 sockets or JC for the better JC-only gems. That's about the only difference. At least you know that with BS the 2 extra sockets will remain as valuable (or even more valuable) once the better epic gems hit the vendors. At the same time, this will take some of the wind out of the sails for JC'ers.

BS is currently the second best profession in the game. What the hell do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldom
    Any other blacksmithers pissed that we are not getting anything good? i mean K we have socket to the gloves and bracers!! k... now what thats it? JC can get epic gems? Alchemy can buffs them like crazy? and Enchanting can always enchant rings? whats going on here, BS are getting fucked over, and blizzard doesnt seem to care.
    How about the leather workers? We get 110 AP on wrist and 90 stam and the Leg enchants that the epic version :
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

I've already gave up on blacksmithing at level 348 back in TBC. All my money went for this profession and really hurt when I had to give up.
    But come on, as a holy paladin, all items I could make were pre T4 items, and sunwell plateau items :| . Since I got T4 items from Kara there was nothing I could do with BS, and Sunwell Plateau we reached only after the patch. So was a total waste.
    I switched to alchemy and at least I got time increased on flasks/elixirs and I was able to use that nice trinket. Was really nice. Or at least if I could have some nice recipes to make for money, but it really not worth.

Ive just quit herbing 450 to lvl bs im (418) now.

Why do you ask ?

Simple, Im a tank, and the two extra gem slots equals = 32 defense rateing for me at present time, and as I get go from 10 man to 25 man epics these can be slotted with stamina instead so the scaleability of BS is good enough for me.

Think about this aswell, as a tank when dual spec comes out the extra gem slots will be used in my damage spec giveing me something for such a spec aswell.

As a final note who cares about mounts ? You can only ride one at a time anyhow, and as soon as youve gotten the achivement for mounts anyhow, you can throw thrm out the window anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothr
    Ive just quit herbing 450 to lvl bs im (418) now.

Why do you ask ?

Simple, Im a tank, and the two extra gem slots equals = 32 defense rateing for me at present time, and as I get go from 10 man to 25 man epics these can be slotted with stamina instead so the scaleability of BS is good enough for me.

Think about this aswell, as a tank when dual spec comes out the extra gem slots will be used in my damage spec giveing me something for such a spec aswell.

As a final note who cares about mounts ? You can only ride one at a time anyhow, and as soon as youve gotten the achivement for mounts anyhow, you can throw thrm out the window anyhow.

Good idea. I am really having some problems with defense on my DK. I can have 540 defense but i have to sacrafice other stats for it (1000 hp, 1% dodge, 0,5% parry). With BS i can just get those 2 extra sockets for defense rating instead of herbalism.

OT: Every profession get the same buffs at the end. You are complaining about nothing... sigh.

Just be patient. More and more content will be added to the game and hopefully more profession additions to make people happy. It just looks like they only cared about Jewelcrafting this time around.

+ Full tankgear set till lvl 80, wearing Tempered Saronite set atm and don't have to worry that my stats get too low, because for every level i can make new items.
    + Extra sockets.

- Tempered Titansteel ... what happened to the other items? Only Helm, Boots and Shield can be crafted.
    - No tank weapons can be crafted.

Just go with JC/BS and you get all the good bonus

Besides, how can you complain about Blacksmith? It's a big money maker right now with the reinforced cobalt chest piece. Leveling up BS is self payoff + pure profit (well, until 3.0.8 goes live)