Resto druid PVE help

i've torn through the threads and i cannot find a pve spec for resto druids.

maybe i'm not looking hard enough, or maybe the computers at work at too slow and if i keep trying ima just blow my brains out.

so with that being said: What is the ideal pve raiding spec for a lvl 80 resto druid?

Re: Resto druid PVE help

My spec: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...=Onyxia&n=Cita

I avoided living seed because I have been told it's not currently working as intended.

i was thinking of avoiding healing touch all together since regrowth and nourish is more favorable and doing something more like this.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000

i stopped using living seed since the bonus is according to the heal that landed not the raw healing so if you crit for 8k the bonus is not 30% of 8k but 30% of the heal that was effective. Sometimes your 8k crit fully heals the target but most of the times only 3/4/5k is needed the rest is slight overheal which is normal but doesnt maximize living seed.

Quote Originally Posted by cazter
    My spec: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...=Onyxia&n=Cita

I avoided living seed because I have been told it's not currently working as intended.
    TBH that's a pretty bad pve spec. Natural shapeshifter without master shapeshifter is just wasted points, for pve at least. Natural perfection is also fairly useless, crit isn't a huge deal for druids as most of your healin is hots. As for the reduce dmg when ur crit, if ur getting crit the tank isn't doing his job. Obviously ur gonna get hit by aoe spells sometimes but they don't crit.

I use almost the same as biznick except i have 5/5 gift of earthmother and 1/2 imp tranq cuz i don't find myself using tranq much at all.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VG0zZZf0IuwuxVuVIst

My current spec. No tranquil spirit - pretty much useless as has been said.

Nature's grace is however debatable. Having 4 pc t7 bonus I find myself using nourish on a more regular basis than regrowth so the proc off NG is greatly diminished which makes it not worth the points because it will proc on few occasions. I decided to take a 4/5 tranquil spirit because of this. My mana efficiency is through the roof and only in the most desperate cases do I resort to using innervate.

A link to my armory - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...re+Co&n=Runorr

PS. Check the link later. It currently still shows me in PVP specc and gear.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...=012007010403#

my current spec. i use empowered touch just for those NS/HT's and i didnt really feel like putting 2 points anywhere else. having the 4pc valorous makes me want to put it into 5/5 tranq spirit bc of the bonus to nourish but thats something i might play with later. i dont fill out subtlety since how rare is it that you pull agro(unless your tank sucks). and i never saw the use of nature's grace as healing bc we are primarily an instant cast healer. very rarely do we need to HT(unless you are HT spec?), and if you have a decent amount of +heals with your HoTs on whoever, nourish works just fine as a "flash heal".

Quote Originally Posted by druidmode
    Must be a bad joke which no one will laugh about. This is
    - clearly no PvE specc
    - even the glyphs are wrong (Insect Swarm?)
    - no WG?

I'd recommend a 11/0/60 Specc. Thus i'm also healing 5 person instances i like Living Seed, it's useful for those aggroing DD bastards. :P I'm not 100% certain if Replenish > Natural Perfection (which is 3% crit, but which Druid honestly needs so much crit?), that's one thing i'll try in the next days/weeks. Furthermore i don't think we need 30% less Aggro for the moment, 20% reduction is more than enough.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VG0zZZf0fuiuxVuVIst
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

As far as I'm concerned this is the base spec for Druid PvE healing. The point in Replenish is a floater only there to illustrate that you need it for the next tier.

The only cases where you shouldn't have all those points are if you are using a Glyphed-HT spec (not advisable: too many points for a small upgrade from Nourish) or if you use Nourish enough to justify points into Tranquil Spirit, which has to be a lot as Tranquil Spirit is a pretty weak per point talent.

--
    Right now I'm running 18/0/53.

*Living Seed is a less than ideal talent as has been previously mentioned, however I generally think it's worth it because when it does have full effect it is when the tank really needs the healing.
    *Replenish is relatively weak, but may be worth the points after the CD is added to WG after which we'll have to do a lot more chain-HoT-ing the raid.
    *Nature's Grace is useful because of the absurdly high crit percent on Regrowth.
    *The point in Brambles is just there to get down to the 3% haste of Celestial Focus which although not extraordinary is useful all the time (less useful after you get your GCD to 1 sec, but still useful) while its chief competitors (Replenish, Living Seed, Tranquil Spirit) are a little nichéy.

11/0/60

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=140806000000

for the bare bones essentials for me with 5 points of flexibility left over. 4 points gift of the earthmother GCD caps me with the haste i have.

I usually go with imp tranq for a zero threat 4 minute cooldown for sloppy trash chain pulls.
    Then there's a trade off between replenish and natural perfection. I tend to prefer the 3% crit since there's no real rage starvation issues in a raid situation and i dont use rejuv enough on anything other than tanks for the most part.

Natures grace with regrowth glyph and it's huge crit rate is large healing throughput on demand. Regrowth/nourish alternating while keeping lifebloom and rejuv up is the highest throughput of single target healing possible for a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm
    *The point in Brambles is just there to get down to the 3% haste of Celestial Focus which although not extraordinary is useful all the time (less useful after you get your GCD to 1 sec, but still useful) while its chief competitors (Replenish, Living Seed, Tranquil Spirit) are a little nichéy.
    Buffing thorns with brambles never hurts these days considering it deals 128 damage per hit without any spellpower on the tank (unfortunately, the spellpower scaling uses the targets SP rahter than the casters).

Sure, it has nothing to do with healing per see but neither does GotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm
    Right now I'm running 18/0/53.

*Living Seed is a less than ideal talent as has been previously mentioned, however I generally think it's worth it because when it does have full effect it is when the tank really needs the healing.
    *Replenish is relatively weak, but may be worth the points after the CD is added to WG after which we'll have to do a lot more chain-HoT-ing the raid.
    *Nature's Grace is useful because of the absurdly high crit percent on Regrowth.
    I use exactly the same spec and agree with the above comments, although unlike most people I think Living Seed is great for the talent points it takes. I've said many times before that it accounts for 2-5% of my total healing, for which you will find very few other talents that provide ~1% increase per point with no action required to activate. There's also very little else that you need in the Resto tree to get you down to Wild Growth.

I don't think the Wild Growth nerf will affect resto druids much - there are rather few times atm where I feel the need to spam WG (such as the whirlwind thing on Malygos, or after healing the tank on Gluth). I think there'll be much more of a nerf to Holy Priests who I regularly see with > 50% of their heals coming from CoH (even up to 90% depending on the fight - meanwhile I find WG is usually around 20-30% of mine atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

You want to be a resto druid?

Nothing but healing? I think I can help you

Now I dont know about you, but my guild clears naxx in about 3 hours. Our main tank is a paldain. I ALWAYS use regrowth with my seed crit (seed does stay there until they get hit even if they are on 100% hp, 50% hp) then rejuv him. The reason for this as someone is master looting while we clear. PLUS this works out well cus as soon as they are engaged in battle, seed has already healed them and allowed everyone else to hot him up. Our main tank rarely goes under 70%~ hp.

We dont talk about loot, we clear (and some times do loot while waiting at the next boss) then summon the master looter lmao. HAving said that, a druid should be running after the tank, never letting bloom x3 dissapear - and always have rejuv and even regrowth down before he runs into a 5 man mob.

This plays a pinnical role in druid healing and CLEARING SHIT FASTER.

You want to be able to 4 man heal naxx? 20 man malygos? Then use my spec.

This gives you the best hots, great haste

Pretty much, I agree with skagasm.

A few REAL SCRUB POINTERS
    Imp Tranquility and healing touch are TERRIBLE to spec in.... Waste of 7 points. You will barely use tranqulity because wild growth is so fucking OP!

And who needs healing touch when you have a glyph / improved regrowth that gives you a seed 9/10 times? PLUS A HOT for over 20 seconds. As I stated before, any one who lets a tank get under 60% hp as a resto druid should be shot!!!

I use this, because my haste is still kinda low, will put points into more resto when i get more.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Modan&n=Telaso