WotLK "Forum" and regular World of Warcraft forum - Merge them!

I understand why initially the WotLK forums were put into place. During the beta it created a location to house things about Wrath, and keep TBC forums separated.

However, now that Wrath has been live for a few months and there's not really any reason to have a separate Wrath and "Regular" set of forums.

I have no idea how difficult this would be to merge them, but the Wrath ones should go away (or the regular ones) and just have 1 set of classes forums, PVP, general, etc...

When I browse the forums I generally ignore the older forums and wonder how many people post on them expecting a response.

Just my 2 copper!

Re: WotLK "Forum" and regular World of Warcraft forum - Merge them!

If you really want to watch for forum information, the bests ones to watch, in order, are Class Roles, Dungeons and Raids, and Class Discussion if you want to find potential bug stuffs. Any other forum is pretty bad in terms of trolling and useless info, and any meaningful PvP discussion by Devs tends to pop up in the damage dealing part of the Class Roles forum. It kinda split from the forum relevance of pre BC as well.

Okay, but why is there a World of Warcraft section and then a Wrath of the Lich King section?

I understand why there was during the beta, because it gave a good location to house the beta news. Now that WotLK basically equates to WoW, there's no reason to have that distinguished any more.

My suggestion is to merge just those sections together, in a 1-to-1 basis for ease of use. Someone who isn't familiar with the setup (or visited the forums pre-wrath) wouldn't know necessarily where to post.

This is simply a suggestion, as I understand the architecture, mostly because I've been posting for about a year. It would be a consolidation that's for sure, but I figured it'd make it easier (who knows how easy it would be to do though!).

I'm not really looking for guidance on where to browse the forums, more just a suggestion to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I agree, they need to be merged or make one of the an off-topic forum where people can post nonsense.
    You're acting like people (like me) don't do that anyway. :

Deleted

This is already being discussed, thanks though.

Been suggested before.
    And on the planning according to BB.

Apparently it's more difficult than most would think.

Merging forums with SMF tends to be complicated.

That's on my already-insanely-big todo list

tbh, no need to merge them.

Delete the old forums, and create a new Interface forum. Would work out just fine.

You'd need to move/merge the posts that are there first before you could do that.
    Which is probably what the difficult part is.

If the server is SQL / Oracle based though, wouldn't a single query do the trick?
    update where, etc

Deleted

As I said, this is already being discussed on the internal forums.
    Thank you for your comments.