Thread: One shot Mining

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

One shot Mining

This makes me a very happy Miner :

Mining

* Mining veins and deposits no longer require multiple hits to receive all the ore. Players will receive around the same amount of ore, stone, and gems they would have received from multiple hits.

Re: One shot Mining

This sure makes mining easier!

nice change.. guess it was needed to be fair, mining took the longest to gather 1 resource totally.

Prices of gems and ores would go WAY down, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazznor
    I hope they don't, mining's a good moneymaker for me so far, and I haven't even reached max skill

30 minutes of mining cobalt nodes gets me 200 - 250G on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Visceroid
    nice change.. guess it was needed to be fair, mining took the longest to gather 1 resource totally.
    Not to mention the fact that people are rude enough to start trying to hit the same thing you're mining, and try to cut in.

You could spend minutes waiting for them to leave, or take your chances and keep mining, only to have them do the same.

It should be much better now.

dont like it.
    I often play with a friend that is also a miner, its nice to both get a skill up from the nodes while we level.
    it works out because she is a smith and I'm a JC, so we dont have a lot of overlapping needs.

-Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    I hope they don't, mining's a good moneymaker for me so far, and I haven't even reached max skill

30 minutes of mining cobalt nodes gets me 200 - 250G on my server
    While your price per stack may drop, your price per hour may not change at all or even go up as you will now spend 1/3 to 1/5 of the time mining to get the same amount of resources though.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    While your price per stack may drop, your price per hour may not change at all or even go up as you will now spend 1/3 to 1/5 of the time mining to get the same amount of resources though.
    Actually, I hadn't thought about that, good point.

Props for being on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by moongleam
    dont like it.
    I often play with a friend that is also a miner, its nice to both get a skill up from the nodes while we level.
    it works out because she is a smith and I'm a JC, so we dont have a lot of overlapping needs.

-Moon
    You can still both get a skill from the nodes, simply mine them but don't loot them. You get the skillpoint as soon as you finished mining, not from looting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

"Yay! A Titanium Node."
    "You receive loot: [Titanium Ore] x4."
    "You receive loot: [Sun Crystal]."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Earth] x9."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Water] x3."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Fire] x5."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Air] x2."

Fun times.

Anyway, moongleam:
    You could still both get you skillpoints. The first one to mine just doesn't take any item. If the skill-up-mechanic won't change he'll get his skillpoint without looting.
    Edit: DrJones, you're too fast.
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

15+ Year Old Account

Big plus for when people try to steal YOUR vein. Too bad you can't tag them so you need to hope people don't take it while you fight
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    That remains to be seen, but drop any drop in prices sounds good to me

This was probably mainly done because of node theft.

They will probably slow down the respawn of nodes... or reduce how many nodes are on a map to combat the ease of collecting large amounts of ore.

I'm not sure about the prices of ore going down because the servers are already saturated by miners and the prices are still high. There's never a shortage of ore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazznor
    Not necessarily true, it's not going to change the amount of gems and ore available, all it does is make it fractionally less of a pain ... and yeah - the biggest pro is that some asshat can't come and butt in on your mining efforts.

dont like it.

-Moon
    So, click it, and don't loot it?

Finally, more rest for my fingers from clicking! About time and a change they should have had in game since the start.

Sounds good to me!

Well, only because i don't sell my ore.

Mining is already the best gathering profession there is. Herbalism sucks at the moment :-[
    forumz addict :>

dont like it.

-Moon
    I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet. You can both get skill points if the first person mines it, but doens't loot the ore.

lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net