Thread: One shot Mining

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: One shot Mining

Quote Originally Posted by CobraN
    Mining is already the best gathering profession there is. Herbalism sucks at the moment :-[

Sometimes you only get 1 herb from a node.
    I agree it might be nice to get more per click...

But, ah, we'll see what live looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

It should scale on level. At 450 if I "herb" a Peacebloom I should get the max available every time. Same with mining. Of course place a cap so even at 450 I wont get the max unless of course enchantments etc come into effect pushing me over the norm.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet. You can both get skill points if the first person mines it, but doens't loot the ore.

lulz
    I'm surprised you didn't bother to read the rest of the replies...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones
    You can still both get a skill from the nodes, simply mine them but don't loot them. You get the skillpoint as soon as you finished mining, not from looting it.
    So, click it, and don't loot it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrda
    "Yay! A Titanium Node."
    "You receive loot: [Titanium Ore] x4."
    "You receive loot: [Sun Crystal]."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Earth] x9."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Water] x3."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Fire] x5."
    "You receive loot: [Crystallized Air] x2."

Fun times.

Anyway, moongleam:
    You could still both get you skillpoints. The first one to mine just doesn't take any item. If the skill-up-mechanic won't change he'll get his skillpoint without looting.
    Edit: DrJones, you're too fast.
    lulz?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    I hope they don't, mining's a good moneymaker for me so far, and I haven't even reached max skill
    Best moneymaker? Jewelcrafting. Not for actually crafting anything but you do the daily and buy one dragonesye. Sell that puppy for 400g easy. Making a killing doing this and it saves me from having to do the terrible dailys.

Well, people thought the original brilliant glass for JCers would lower the price of gems and it didnt..at least not on my server.

I kind of doubt that this change to mining will lower the price at all. It may at first but I doubt it will over the long term. If respawn node times stay the way they are, there is still a finite supply of ore that can be gathered up at a time. Other people are going to be competing. In fact, this may make it harder for other miners to compete during peak farming times and prices could go up since it will be easier for a person to go around and get ore quicker and cut out competition. Its really hard to say.

Personally, I like the current way, HOWEVER, they should make it "After tapping a node, no one else may attempt to mine from it for 30 seconds after your last attempt." To prevent people from stealing it.

-.-;

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    While your price per stack may drop, your price per hour may not change at all or even go up as you will now spend 1/3 to 1/5 of the time mining to get the same amount of resources though.
    Come on why would the prices drop ? you get ore faster ? no... not really.. Currently all thats holding me back in veins respawning.. This just gives me more wait time = more boring.
    I predict the opposit.. People getting bored with mining cause they have 310% mounts flying around Sholazar and all of a sudden there isnt that many veins cause everyone gets it faster and they stop..

Dont see why in hell prices would do anything but increase by this.. Only good thing about this is that atleast you aint gonna spend 10 mins mining some stupid rich saronite vein.. Giving all the hordes kekadins time to find you and gank you..

A 4 year wish of mine finally come true. The only negative is that you can't kill opposing factions (on pvp) and steal the rest of their ore anymore, but I can live with that.

15+ Year Old Account

What about skinning?

Quote Originally Posted by fluid8
    Best moneymaker? Jewelcrafting. Not for actually crafting anything but you do the daily and buy one dragonesye. Sell that puppy for 400g easy. Making a killing doing this and it saves me from having to do the terrible dailys.

I said it's a good moneymaker, I never claimed it's the best

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet. You can both get skill points if the first person mines it, but doens't loot the ore.

lulz
    Seriously dude, as already pointed out ... there were 4 posts prior to yours saying exactly that ... way to point out your lack of forum reading skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv

Dont see why in hell prices would do anything but increase by this.. Only good thing about this is that atleast you aint gonna spend 10 mins mining some stupid rich saronite vein..
    You answered your own question kinda. Sorry this WILL produce more ore/bars in the public. More (most of the time) means price competition, price competition means lower prices.

Why? Well more people will mine because it now seems "easier/quicker".

MO
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire
    A 4 year wish of mine finally come true. The only negative is that you can't kill opposing factions (on pvp) and steal the rest of their ore anymore, but I can live with that.
    Yea was a tad bit annoying back in TBC days a high level with a flyer just swoops in and K.O.'s ya. Then they just mine your node over your dead corpse all because you needed more swings on that damn node. lol :'(.

I like it, I think. It is annoying when people try to steal your node (both opposite and your OWN faction) after you have cleared the mobs around it. I will leave and go find my own node if I see someone doing this, but its very annoying when people stand there waiting for you to aggro so they can ninja the node but forgetting you have a pet. This should help reduce that.

YES! Thank you blizzard. Great change.

TBH I rather enjoyed stealing nodes after killing hordes. It is nice that your faction can't gank your nodes anymore though. Will be interesting to see if they adjust node spawn times.

Wizzleteats

Oh sweet, wonderful Blizzard!

/weeps for joy

My biggest pet peeve in the game is jerkbags who try to steal Nodes from you. Honest to god, I've had people stand there and wait for me to loot a Saronite Node (not Titanium, not even Rich Saronite) for up to 10 minutes. It's a Saronite Node you tools! Go hit one of the three hundred other nodes in SB and stop trying to steal the one I got to first that I've already struck at least once. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with people?

WTB 3.0.8 next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    What about skinning?
    Seriously, why the hell do skinners still have to deal with scraps in Northrend?

>< Right after i powerlevel my mining this happens, oh well good change.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    Seriously, why the hell do skinners still have to deal with scraps in Northrend?
    Cold fingers?