Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Me , My Warlock and I (lvl 80 PVP discussion)

Hey guys, Let me start of by saying this isnt a QQ from me, being one of the best pvp locks on my server I need help for the first time.
    My res is currently 360 and Please no immature comments like re-roll and shit or Ill simply tell you "F@%& You"

Here is my Simple but frustrating dilemma. LOCKS FRICKING FAIL. I am getting raped by almost every class but shammans and 70% of mages. I need help. Give me a link to a good spec and EXPLAIN it and talk about strategies about defeating different classes and specs. Thanks in advance for your help and Happy New Year.

Re: Me , My Warlock and I (lvl 80 PVP discussion)

your frustrations are well known on this forum, unfortunately, i think 99% of locks are in the same boat as u, unless i hit a lucky crit streak as destro where i might be able to do the burst dps that every1 else is putting out, i can't do much either. the other 1% or the people that will come here and tell u that they are doing amazing and owning everything, but in reality, either don't play a lock at all, or are only pvping against lowbies in low area contested territories.

360 res. might be really low, isn't cap over 1k now or something, whether reachable or not that is a different topic. i haven't payed much attention to pvp since last patch, but idk how much help ull be able to get here, when PVP has been such a QQ topic, every1 is just about tired of it.

I think every lock in this forum feels your pain. And i must say that i was in your position about 1 week ago. Now i must admist that; after re-honing my skills in pvp, updating my macros and reunderstanding the other classes new abilities and how to counter them i am once again competitive in bg's and arena.

1st tip i can give you is DROP YOUR PORTAL EVERYWHERE U GO!!!! lol i am actually very serious dropping this thing in a seeming stupid place has saved my ass so many times. Also alot of locks have been complaining about teleport not breaking stunns, now while i think this should be changed complaining isnt helping right now.. so i made a macro to counter this which is bascially /use pvp trinket /cast teleport. spam the shit out of that macro (i have it bound to my mouse) and that will get you out of trouble 9/10.

2nd tip is that its very very sad realisation that we can no longer 'tank' and really cant have fun like the good 'ol days and run in the middle to a battle and start reaking havoic as all classes will stop what they doing and turn to the 'free hk' so we have to be more selective with the battles we get our selves into.

3rd tip is to L2LOH yes lay on hands, locks do have one if your smart. Now i know i should not be braging about this but it helps soooo much especially to survive the burst. This is what u have to do, spec into improved hs also get the glyph of hs. That will get ur hs about 6.5k on fel and 8.5k on demo armour. Next make sure u start the macro with /cast demon armour. Now again i am a herbalist/alchmist so this part may not help everyone. But the end result ends up like this.

/cast demon armour
    /use hs
    /cast lifeblood
    /use arena pot
    /use horde battle standard(shares cd with hs only drops if i dont have a hs)

bascially if the hs or arena pot dont crit i will heal for at least 12k if either or both of them crit it can heal me for over 15k so thats where i get my loh from =D

4th tip is that sadly there are some classes that when the person is very skilled we just simply cannot win against. I know it is very sad but so true.
    i.e the biggest problem i have against is arcane mages, yes arcane mages if the mage is skilled enough no lock will ever win, maybe if they are meta (they can easily kill us in one cs, and we cannot kill them with 3 dots- one they can decurse. and also we canot use hs when locked out of shadow... le sigh).
    Rogues are still a pain in the ass but a simple trinket/port, they will cloak when u are running ur ass, then they are easy mode to chain fear.
    bladestorm is easy with a trinket or a trinket/port, tg is easy to kite. I dont bother tring to kill resto sharmans thats a joke atm. All other healers are just annoying
    Ret pallies are same as bc coe to force the hof keep fearing them to force the bubble then run/port and LOH if u have to
    More pew pew less QQ

^^ well put .... thanks

Warlocks.

Are.

Fucking.

Broken.

End of story.

Any warlock who isn't an idiot will tell you this.

We will be fixed, but not yet. Blizz are looking at us, and soon enough, people will cry about us being awesome.

So just hang on and wait =)

I'm over 630'ish resilience now and am still melee fodder. So many melee are stacking AP and ignoring crit it doesn't do that much for us IMO. Not to mention so many "guaranteed crit/+50% to crit/etc" talents melee has that no amount will counter. The HS thing I've used but didn't take that far (chanter/JC). I'll glyph and spec HS which gives a suprising amount of help. Portals are still a problem vs stealth (ie ferals/rogues).

2 specs so far I'd call viable: 0/20/51 using improved succy, deep destro, etc or 0/51/20 taking meta the one trick 30 second pony.

Pretty much if the following classes are even remotely smart there is nothing I can do: Rogue, Feral Druid, Unholy/Frost DK (blood isn't so bad). Warriors, BM Hunters, and Rets are very deadly and only very rarely can I kill them if they don't fail in some big way. Mages have a harder time w' 0/20/51 by far. Meta is too easy to iceblock/blink/etc away from and nether prot w' soul link gives them fits.

Problem is I'm out of upgrades w/o lots of luck on archavon or ratings I'll not get due to the irresponsible handling of PVP via blizz's lock policy. So far I've had the best luck arena wise w' a rogue in 2's. 3's are a disaster, haven't tried 5's yet. I'm really looking for a pally to do 2's and 3's with but getting a pally to team up w' you as a lock currently is like the fat kid asking out the prom queen.

Given GC is talking about the fixes to locks hitting "hopefully w' the uldar patch" we can look forward to being firmly in last place for all of S5. Don't worry, S6 will start with us vastly outgeared if we are fixed in pvp at all. Hope the buffs take that into account

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Ok Surprisingly, we aren't THAT bad at least not in 2's ( I rarely play 5's and my 3's isnt that great only at 1550) but as far as 2's I'm specced 57/14/0 getting Improved curse of weakness in Aff and Curse of exhaustion, then going for Demonic Aegis and Soul link, and my partner is A Disc priest I have like 33resil and he has like 300 thats it and our raiting was at 1750 untill he thought a hunter would be better with him and went 0-6. Anyways we can beat most teams if we don't beat them the first time around we get them the 2nd time then then win from there on, the only team that has wiped us up and we cant beat is Fearl Druid and Rogue they deal way too much Dmg way too quick but a couple Tips I can give you is Like cronix said USE YOUR PORTAL it rapes. I usually place it in LOS areas in Nagrand(behind a pole) in the Sewer arena( on the ground on the side of the platform) Blades edge IS AWESOME you put it on the bridge then fall of make them chase you then port back up and pew pew anyways you get the point, 2nd of all with paladins ALWAYS go for the pally right away if you see them forcing them to pop bubble then focusing on the other class untill bubble is off then focusing on the pally to kill him, other than that focus on the Healer and fear the DPS silencing at the right time to kill the healer, also my Disc priest Mana drains the healers if needed if the healer is healing too well and using LOS Dot up the DPS and when the healer comes back around to heal him Hit the healer with a fear and kill the DPS instantly, anyways I can help you if you want to PM me I can tell you what you can do against certain classes. Anyways hope that helps.

Yes, Warlocks sucks at the moment. And I sure, I'm disappointed. But what can we do about it? Just stay the fuck away from warlocks until the problems are solved and you'll save yourself alot of time and anger, don't use something that's broken.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    Yes, Warlocks sucks at the moment. And I sure, I'm disappointed. But what can we do about it? Just stay the fuck away from warlocks until the problems are solved and you'll save yourself alot of time and anger, don't use something that's broken.
    /signed
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

fear/ shadowbolt/ haunt/ curse of agony/ corruption/ immolate/ shadowbolt

That's what I've been using in BGs and it seems to work alright. Until they get to me and I get shredded to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by appleshampoo
    Warlocks.

Are.

Fucking.

Broken.

End of story.

Any warlock who isn't an idiot will tell you this.

We will be fixed, but not yet. Blizz are looking at us, and soon enough, people will cry about us being awesome.

So just hang on and wait =)
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=55245

I think he would disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    Sorry to disagree with you but i have to say that might be one of the lamest ways to deal with this problem. Ya, locks are pretty fucking horrible right now. I've tried full aff/demo/destro builds and a couple hybrids and i havent found anything outstanding yet. Full affliction works out the best from what i've experienced (not that it's a fantastic spec but of the three it works the best).

DEMONIC PORTAL. Not sure if anyone knows what this spell is yet as 90% of warlocks dont even use it in arena/bg. If you dont know what it is you should start using it. If your not experienced with it GET FUCKING GOOD WITH IT. And trust me, you dont get good with a spell like this by putting your gameplay on hold until the patch where we get fixed.

FYI: We are going to get buffed. Get good with what you have now and youll be that much less of a scrub when the patch comes out.

Demonic Circle will save your ass. It will most likely not help you kill something, but drop it in the opposite direction and start running and you might just survive. Or even better, put it behind a wall (and hope that you aren't targetted by a pet user...).

Complaining about circle failing = fail because if used correctly this spell can be one of the most useful spells ever in WoW. At least as far as the PvP perspective goes. Only PvE use I find for it is kiting and exploiting but I guess that's fine...

Sorry dude but seriously, if you don't have current season shoulders with a warlock you are fail, not he class. You hit two buttons, Fear + dot. That is all. Over and over again, and you defeat any class.

I have a lock and a pally. I am telling you, playing on my lock is like free kills, much like playing a rogue. On my pally (and when I am on my lock gfacing one) it is always the same story. Fear. Pally trinkets. Fear, Pally bubble, tries chasing me but with no closing ability dosen't make it in time. Bubble disappears, fear again and dead paladin. It works the same with every class with the exception of a rogue.

Just fear and dot your way to current season shoulders, or you are fail, I am sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    Sorry dude but seriously, if you don't have current season shoulders with a warlock you are fail, not he class. You hit two buttons, Fear + dot. That is all. Over and over again, and you defeat any class.

I have a lock and a pally. I am telling you, playing on my lock is like free kills, much like playing a rogue. On my pally (and when I am on my lock gfacing one) it is always the same story. Fear. Pally trinkets. Fear, Pally bubble, tries chasing me but with no closing ability dosen't make it in time. Bubble disappears, fear again and dead paladin. It works the same with every class with the exception of a rogue.

Just fear and dot your way to current season shoulders, or you are fail, I am sorry to say.
    You don't play a warlock, that much is apparent through all your posts, in fact, you're probably the most close-minded warlock-hating person on these forums and I bet you play a human paladin just cause "orcs are evil".

Now take your sorry ass of these class forums and never put any word or reply down here ever again.

The warlocks have spoken!

You sound like the type of pally I'd harass a whole game long til he leaves. While good pallies will make you want to QQ about that damn bubble, there are keyboard turning nublings like you that make BGs semi-fun. ;D

Umm dude....-sigh- please /wowquit please thanks for your help guys basically everyone else, um does anyone know or have good hyrbid specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro77
    Sorry to disagree with you but i have to say that might be one of the lamest ways to deal with this problem. Ya, locks are pretty fucking horrible right now. I've tried full aff/demo/destro builds and a couple hybrids and i havent found anything outstanding yet. Full affliction works out the best from what i've experienced (not that it's a fantastic spec but of the three it works the best).

DEMONIC PORTAL. Not sure if anyone knows what this spell is yet as 90% of warlocks dont even use it in arena/bg. If you dont know what it is you should start using it. If your not experienced with it GET FUCKING GOOD WITH IT. And trust me, you dont get good with a spell like this by putting your gameplay on hold until the patch where we get fixed.

FYI: We are going to get buffed. Get good with what you have now and youll be that much less of a scrub when the patch comes out.
    i totally agree with that last statement. I hate it when i see these warlocks acepting defeat and telling themselves 'its ok we are shit atm, so it doesnt matter if i lose to everyone im not even tring... it will get real easy soon... blizz will come wipe my ass for me...' seriously take this time now to acually acquire some real skills and stop waiting for handouts.

As posted above if you can win against buffed classes now, once pvp becomes more balanced it will all be easymode. There is a lock in my guild who was rated 2nd in the world so it is defiently possible, just gotta work for it. But i must say these changes have made a positive change to the lock community, i no longer see total nub locks around, most of them are pretty bad ass and all the other classes coming in for their 'free hk' and getting their asses handed to them. bring it on suckerz!

i just started arena 2's with a mage (yes a mage lol) just for shits and giggles and we went 10-6 so cloth power!!!
    oh and this is what im rockin http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...onmaw&n=Cronix
    More pew pew less QQ

Hello fellow warlock, one quick question about the upcoming change.

I see drain mana as 3% max mana and ask myself, will that be viable in pvp ? 33 sec and the guy is oom, without counting mp5... but as he will be casting, that should be about it. Anyone else seeing this and think of it as viable pvp ?

Yeah, my main used to be a Lock, but until they get fixed he is Sitting the Bench cuz i don't want to deal with all the frustration. I switched over to my druid and am awaiting to the overhaul before i go back =(. I Love my lock, but we've grinded thru enough tears lol.