Thread: Pestilence

Deleted

Pestilence

Just wondered if anyone else has thought of this, out of all the suggestion threads I have read its come up. Apologies if something similar has been said before (get over it). For those who don't know.The death knights spell pestilence spreads all their diseases on a current target to all targets in x yards. i.e. place dots on a target and then *BAM* all targets have them.

I can't be the only one who has played about with a death knight a bit and thought a warlock version of pestilence would kinda rock. Maybe an added effect of haunt or something, you know it is a 51p talent with a cast time :/ And fits in very well with the affliction side of things. Obviously wouldn't work with say seed of corruption (would be quite interesting though).

I see it helping us in a few ways, pvp and pve. Affliction have alot of problems with trash at the moment, half the time I don't bother on stuff with less than 200k health since its dead before my first dot cast gets 1/4 the way through. PvP against more than one person it helps, siphon life and UA on 2 people or more would be nice.

Re: Pestilence

There is no problem with locks in PVE. That change would make us way to OP in PVE. In a full 10 man Naxx run i pull 3k dps over all and 3k-4k dps in bosses and i still have 4 pieces of lvl 70 gear and a few lvl 80 blues. On trash i either seed or put corruption on everything then seed. If you are not doing good dps look at yourself not the class. Check your rotation, and spec. If you have a bad computer don't go affliction. Very difficult to pull off the rotation if you are laggy.

I can see where you're going with this, but I'm actually happy with locks in PvE at the moment. This is not needed.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Irishop
    There is no problem with locks in PVE. That change would make us way to OP in PVE. In a full 10 man Naxx run i pull 3k dps over all and 3k-4k dps in bosses and i still have 4 pieces of lvl 70 gear and a few lvl 80 blues. On trash i either seed or put corruption on everything then seed. If you are not doing good dps look at yourself not the class. Check your rotation, and spec. If you have a bad computer don't go affliction. Very difficult to pull off the rotation if you are laggy.
    Did it feel like it just got a little bigger? Since you decide to berate me on my computer and skill, they aren't so much an issue, i have about 90% uptime on all dots with 98-100% uptime on corr/haunt (patchwerk). There is alot more people than just me recognising that trash pulls are not exactly a warlocks strong point. Single target I am very happy with a warlocks dps (if a little bloated on the rotation). I didn't see this change as massive as you seem to think. More of a small thing that would take alot of hassle out of our rotation on smaller trash packs that aren't worth seeding (ObS).

You got WWS for your 4k on bosses? In your gear that seems highly unlikely without a very caster orientated group on a boss that buffs dps, which unfortunately I don't have the luxury of having as the only caster.

Anyway, I wont lose any sleep if people dislike the idea, was merely a thought that it would suit affliction play style while i was messing about with a DK.

It's not a bad idea, its just not something that we need.

The only thing I see this really being helpful on is trash, but no one cares about trash dps as long as it gets killed in a reasonable amount of time. And with a boss encounter involving multiple targets, this could potentially be OP.