Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: First day as Disc...and I need help :(

Thanks for all your wonderful replies. I think it was definitely a problem that there were already 2 paladins in the raid. Thus tanks never needed healing because of 2 bacons. I am being forced to go back to holy for the time being(because of stupid healing meters...my RL is convinced that we didn't kill Malygos last night b/c I wasn't holy or something...prolly due to the fact that we didn't kill Patchwerk this week until I respecced holy from shadow...). I will have to educate them ahead of time for when the patch comes. They won't be as obsessed about holy and everyone else will be higher on healing meters since there won't be 3 priests spamming CoH. I do realize that CoH is quite OP for Maly vortex but really...shields and PoM are nice for that too...

Oh I just found out that a guildy posted WWS for our raid last night. Here it is: http://wowwebstats.com/umxajslbtgnmg

I realize my usage of Penance was much too low - the first few fights I actually forgot I had it(lol) and then many times I had the problem of my target not being in front of me, which will obviously change in the patch. Any criticism is welcome.

Edit: I noticed that you can see buff gains, though you cannot see the details of them. Our MT was Vhailor. On the full report he had 213 PW:S(where were almost all if not all from me), and 118 DA. I would definitely be doing better at these as I got more and more used to disc as well.

No input from anyone on the WWS parse?

It looks very good. FH most of the time is my number one followed by Penence the PoM.

What did you RL think of you only doing 6% of the heals ?

AH i see the number 1 and 2 where Holy CoH spammers 80% of there heals were that. Wait till the 6sec CD they are going to SUCK

15+ Year Old Account

A bit lower than what I tend to produce as discipline in raids, but overall it looks fine. The one thing to remember is that as discipline, two things will happen. One, your healing numbers are going to suck. Frankly, I disabled Recount just because of the fact that I was so used to being top 3 as holy and now I'm more around 5th or 6th overall. Two, if you were able to factor in all the damage you mitigated in a raid, no healer would ever touch you. That's the wonderful thing about discipline. No other healing class or spec in the game has the ability to make damage not happen. That is discipline's hugest advantage over any MT healer, and why despite some people's beliefs they are very useful.

Some questions I have about your gear. How are you focusing your stats as discipline? Also despite some popular beliefs, there is a vast difference between what is optimum for holy and what is good for discipline.

Just keep at it, don't forget Penance ( :P ), and make sure your guild knows how to properly utilize you. I greatly enjoy being a discipline healer. Perhaps you will, too!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

My guild has ditched wws as evaluation tool for a class long ago. A week ago we did the dedicated few achievement (naxx with 20 people) and we took 4 healers out of which I was disc priest (2 shamans, 1 pala).

My disc stats are 2070 spellpower (without Inner Fire), 24% crit (from gear), 19500 mana.

I was DEAD last on healing meters, but the thing is that at fights such as Patchwerk - disc is really awesome for pain suppression, grace and extremely fast heals that cost close to no mana.

At Loatheb disc simply shines, that's one fight where I can actually win the meters due to PoH, PoM and Penance usage (well-timed) and PWS there shines to no end since you can save people from dying if things get messy and it's no-healing phase.

At Sapphiron it's just PoM / FH / Penance spam, it's virtually impossible to be oom.

At Malygos I usually go and heal the MT and I keep people from dying in Vortex phase (PWS + PoM ftw).

It's a great and fun spec, like paladin in TBC but with more spells at disposal. And yes, it's the tank healer spec and I must admit I really really enjoy it. Any raid leader that exclusively looks at how much someone effectively healed and uses ONLY that bit to weigh over someone's performance is really uninformed person.

yeh l2 love penance it does about the same amount of healing greater heal would do but costs less than half the mana or as much as flash heal would do. and pls remember to always use Power Infusion Tight or non Tight spots tops u up in the heal metre ;D ;D ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Actually I find that using Power Infusion on a caster dpser is more beneficial to the raid as a whole than using it for yourself. You'd be suprised how much that buff shoots them up in damage when cast on them at least twice during a boss encounter.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present