Sartharion (10 man version) with one drake ON and more.

Hey guys I just want to ask you a question because im a wee bit conused. Me and my guild cleared every 10 man dungeon and now is the moment when we would like to try some challanges.

Yesterday we tried Sartharion with one drake on (this one who is getting +100% fire). Mostly we had like 10 wipes beacue ppl were standing in lava = almost instant kill. Then we had many wipes because we had many elementals and also we had many enranged - ( I was off tanking them but with ppl who were just messing around and running far far away from me could not pick up them on time and they got enrage in Lava.).

When the add drake came we managed 2 go in to the portal kill what we needed to kill get out and we started to nuke him with some aoe to kill elementals = loads of wipes too.

Do we rly need any special coordination for it? could you give me some tips and tricks?

There is also one thing what is confusing me Lava strike... if the Lava strike will hit someone we will get elemental it isnt? So maybe ppl need 2 just move around and spread out, but is that rly big issue because we gonna lose rly much dps and healing instead of moving and etc.

We are all rly good geared we have managed Malygos in 7 min and we clearing naxx like in 3 h. All guys are almost full t7 so im sure we doing somethign wrong.

Maybe we chose wrong add for the begginig but I'm sure we should manage any add if we wanna kill 3 adds in the future.

thanks for hlp.
    Pit

Re: Sartharion (10 man version) with one drake ON and more.

First off easiest way to do sarth 1 drake = leaving tenebron (or shadron is probably even easier, vesperon is hardest) up, otherwise you're just waiting around for ages.

With Vesperon (fire damage increase) the lava strikes are hitting for double, that's a substantial amount of damage. Your ranged should not be too clumped and the melee can probably avoid a fair few too by moving. There is no guaranteed elemental spawn from a lava strike.

If you're as well geared as you say then I don't see why you even need to kill elementals (&whelps if you do tenebron), you can prob. burn a single drake down easily enough and then aoe them all. 1 drake is really quite easy though so you can take it slow and aoe every now and then. You do realise the elementals get enraged if they are hit by flame tsunami right? (Lava wall) In which case they become a much much bigger problem, dodge those walls and you can always get a hunter to single tranq an enraged elemental or a rogue to FoK with the correct poison.

People dieing to flame tsunami is more of a learn to play issue than anything else, get someone to call out the direction they come from on ventrilo and if anyone still dies then well, maybe its best not to bring them anymore.

do you think we should bring 3rd tank to tank those elementals? the problem was, I had on me 1D + like 5-6 elementals (perhaps I can keep more on me without any problem beacuse the dmg what they do is rly shite) and there were still like 2-3 elemantals running around (some of them even enranged). I was actually unable to pick them up beacue I was running to the correct place to avoid Lava Wall.

also I'm not sure about the correct tactc we should burn drake as soon as possible without going in to the portal? yesterday we went in to the portal ppl nuked everything and when they came back they got instant hit via Lava Wall - maybe it was bad luck but still.

You should be able to use a plate wearing DPS to tank the adds if you don't let too many get on him at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by pitoq
    do you think we should bring 3rd tank to tank those elementals? the problem was, I had on me 1D + like 5-6 elementals (perhaps I can keep more on me without any problem beacuse the dmg what they do is rly shite) and there were still like 2-3 elemantals running around (some of them even enranged). I was actually unable to pick them up beacue I was running to the correct place to avoid Lava Wall.

also I'm not sure about the correct tactc we should burn drake as soon as possible without going in to the portal? yesterday we went in to the portal ppl nuked everything and when they came back they got instant hit via Lava Wall - maybe it was bad luck but still.

You can do it several ways, if you insist on doing vesperon you might as well take the portal. If you don't play with addons which tell you when a lava wall is comming i'd suggest get one, you leave the portal when you kill the disciple, don't kill the disciple during a wall and you'll be fine.

3 tanks makes the encounter much easier but you can do it by just killing the adds too.

I did do Sartharion +2 in last night and it whas quite easy.. 2 tanks 3 healers and god DPS.. ofcorse if you have 25 man gear its even more easier but we are pure 10 man guild. And i dont think 3 tanks makes it easier coz you need high DPS to get drakes down..

Whit 1 drake same team easy playing.. dont know how you can not kill that one..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kuolonritari
    I did do Sartharion +2 in last night and it whas quite easy.. 2 tanks 3 healers and god DPS.. ofcorse if you have 25 man gear its even more easier but we are pure 10 man guild. And i dont think 3 tanks makes it easier coz you need high DPS to get drakes down..

Whit 1 drake same team easy playing.. dont know how you can not kill that one..
    As soon as you try 3D, you'll realise that you NEED 3 tanks. Yes, you'll have one dps less... but you have to afford that. (And if you use a plate-wearing dps to "tank" the flames/whelps, then you'll lack dps, too.)
    I mean... you have 1 tank for Sarth... 1 tank for Tenebron, when he comes down... and who shall tank the whelps and flames? Furthermore, it's not very likely that you'll get Tenebron down before Shadron arrives, so your tank would have to tank Tenebron, Shadron, Whelps and flames... not very healthy, tbh.
    Just take one tank more and try getting a melee OR caster group. Especially in a pure 10man guild, you'll need the tanks and fully buffed/supported dps, otherwise your healers won't be able to heal against all that.