keyboard setup/addons and macros

i dont get the whole macro thing or how people play with them i use A.W.D. to move and number pad or click am i doing it wrong and if so is there a addon that makes it easier to use arrows or w/e

a good macro keysmasher please help i need to stop clicking ><

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

15+ Year Old Account

Re: keyboard setup/addons and macros

you use the number pad on the right or the numbers at the top of your kb?

I never click, I use the a,w,d,s keys to move as well as both mouse buttons and use the numbers at the top of the keyboard for spells, macros are situational and usually non beneficial for locks except in ideal situations which are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana
    you use the number pad on the right or the numbers at the top of your kb?

I never click, I use the a,w,d,s keys to move as well as both mouse buttons and use the numbers at the top of the keyboard for spells, macros are situational and usually non beneficial for locks except in ideal situations which are rare.
    good macro
    /ritual of summoning
    /y CLICK THE F****** PORTAL ALREADY

its so useful
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    good macro
    /ritual of summoning
    /y CLICK THE F****** PORTAL ALREADY

its so useful
    roflmao

Very few macros are necessary. I only use a few macros for felpup focus spelllocks, felpup self debuff, efficient drain spamming, etc, mostly pvp stuff. The key is to map every in-combat skill to a key. There are lots of keys available: use them all. Do not use the numpad on the right, your right hand should never leave the mouse and you should never have to look at the keyboard to find a key. Dont be afraid to bind extra mouse buttons if you have them as well.

Use:
    1-6, q, e, r, f, `, c, x, z,v,g
    use modifiers on those keys (shift, alt, ctrl)

yes you dont need a key to sheath/unsheath and sit so close to your left hand, if you really want them bound, move them to +,- or something obscure. if its used in combat, find a way to bind it. everytime you set or move a new bind its awkward at first, just force yourself to use them and it will pay off.

This is just how _I_ do it, so this is just a suggestion, you dont have to copy it, just take it as an example:
    As a rule of thumb i put my dots as 1-6, my direct damage as shift+1-6, and my utility spells get bound to all the other keys. Also, if you dont strafe (as most people bind these to a,d instead of turning) i've found it awesome to make Q pet follow and E pet attack, makes it very simple to micro-manage your pet.

15+ Year Old Account

For ppl that use 1-0 keys for their most common damage spells: use F-keys for "pvp" as well.

In pve (I'm pve with some fun in bg's) I mostly do with my 1-0 for the damagespells, but in pvp we rly need to have the fear, coil, howl etc close. I put those "pvp" spells on the F-keys, nicely within reach.

For macros apart from the obvious use of pets and their functions there are a few good ones. CBA to log in now but I use:
    Buffup macro: Armor, Soul Link, Un. Breath
    HS: shift & alt modifer to either use HS, make HS or make a soulwell

When playing destro I also had a macro bound to my immolation so my imp started to autoattack AND change target as soon as an immolation was thrown on a different target.
    Regarding PvP there are tons of usefull amcros, all easily found via Google or Warlocksden page. Most usefull ones are the ones including mouseover features on your cc incl pet cc.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

thats awesome thanx for the ideas guys keep em comin if you have any other cool tricks also

.........im using a mac...... so yea gimped a lil in that aspect

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

Although alot of macros are not necessary there are a few that I like to use. Mostly they are the typical help summon and healthstone macros alerting people to help click. Other macros depend on the fight. I used one for Curator in Kara, one for Illhoof, King in Gruul's Lair for the felhunters, etc. Here's one I like though:

/cast demonic empowerment
    /pet attack
    - this is good for the imp because with a 1 minute cd and a 30 sec up time and no GCD on demonic empowerment it helps maximize his damage

As far as mapping keys goes. I have changed a few of mine around to my play style. Personally I like using the keypad and I use all 10 keys plus the number keys over the keyboard. Im pretty good at 10 key though so Im fast on the number pad.

I would like to add though that I also have a resto shaman and I have all his spells mapped to my mouse for him as I cant afford to switch back and forth. Also HEALBOT FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis

When playing destro I also had a macro bound to my immolation so my imp started to autoattack AND change target as soon as an immolation was thrown on a different target.
    That's a great idea on this macro. Thanks!