Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkur
    I don't quite understand what's the point of this ability
    Read the first sentence of the ability again
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by ZerooCool
    - ret paladins are getting more and more pushed toward warriors mechanics : Divine storm is physical damage now and works like whirlwind
    The reason for being physical was being unmitigated damage was waaaay too much. Armor slowing it down is a good thing.
    CS I heard,it's possible to have a MS effect in the future
    Before they give MS to paladins, they're going to make it baseline in arenas in general (thus removing the need to spec it).
    Divine Plea is already another Innervate-like ability,works the same but gives less mana
    And lowers their healing output by 20%. For prot, nothing. For Ret? Divine Storm still counts as healing done, as does their little instacast Flash of Light thingy. (can't think, really tired).

Atm,abilities like: reincarnate,combat ress,divine intervention ,etc are really cool and unique spells,so please let them belong only to the classes that have them atm....heck if you take a deeper look,they are somehow linked to those classes lore....giving them to another classes will destroy a lot of those classes uniqueness ( heck I don't want a warrior with bubble!)
    A priestess sacrificing herself so that others may live? What's not about lore in that? And between Reincarnation, Rebirth, Divine Intervention, and Spirit of Redemption, guess which one is not wipe prevention, and can't be activated at any time (granted Reincarnation is a little different. But only a little).

Another idea : -some of you said priests need a druid like battle ress because the content ask for it?...Loool guys...the actual content it's so easy ,almost everything is being AOE'd,CC's are being skipped ......seriously blizz will not make a content that can't be cleared without a priest with battle ress trust me!
    Lol 3.0? Try that in Ulduar and you're gonna get slapped in the face. People did this in kara, then tried it in TK thinking they were "the bomb". Guess what, that trash ate them in the face.
    - some of you said " I'd love to have that instead of that"....lool shall I start listing the things I'd like to have on my drood?...don't think so!
    Let's see, druids did say they wanted an earth shield proc? Thus living seed (and yet how many actually spec into it.) Realistic AoE heal? Wild Growth. Oh wait, nerfed. The Rejuvenation proc of Runic Power, Rage, Mana from tier 2? Yeah! I still see it as not being specced on a lot of druids.

Second flaw with this logic: If buffs became consolidated, hell even Shield Wall went to Paladins and Last Stand to ferals, why are other abilities (Bloodlust, Innervate) still class limited? I thought the game became take the player not the class.

To all of you who " OMFg yea it's so cool,I'd love that and that on my priest because... etc" try to think outside the book a bit before you jump here with answers like that....take a look at the big picture first!
    To the starter of this post: You had an idea and shared it with us,nothing uncool with that...heck we live in a free world and everybody can express his opinion ,so here's mine: no! you don't need an ability like that,it's cool to have it but atm you don't need it!
    Sure, that's your opinion as well. Not sure which country you're from, but most of us would agree that you have the right to free speech (hopefully). And I see this having uses even in 5 mans, let alone 10's or 25's, even on a ridiculous cooldown of 20 minutes or more. (Probably 30, hour is pushing it)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I thought the game became take the player not the class.
    This is what i was basically trying to say in my last long post

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I find it bad.

Druids have combat rez.
    Paladins sacrifice themselves for DI, have bop / bubble.
    Shamans can reincarnate.
    Priest has spirit of redemption.

This idea just doesn't fit the priest, and the debuff for ressing is just bad. It's totally not needed.

Also, priest doesn't have unlimited mana. Maybe shadow, but holy is a huge spender.

Cause ALL skills are trademark right?

Remember this little thing called Misdirection? Yeah me too, rogues have it now also.
    And Tranq shot? They got that too.

And fyi, Spirit of redemption should not be on your list. That's incredibly stupid. >.>

To the OP:
    I Love the idea, it'd be a very nice ability with a little tweaking.
    So it would replace Lightwell correct?

And LOL at the penance thing, "Arcane missiles and holy shock made a baby"
    It's true sadly.
    Tbh I'm in Hstrat, i see exactly that shooting at me, freak out and then see
    "Penance" Being channeled lol, is it really THAT hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwatcher
    Power Word: Life [20yd Range]
    20 min Cooldown
    Instant Cast
    Requires: Devout Candle
    "Returns the targets spirit to the body with 10% Health and Mana/Energy/Rage. Using this ability will sacrifice the priest."
    What about Runic Power? Racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Bus
    So you want more healing spell than any other class, an unlimited supply of mana pretty much, three aoe heals, shields, Spirit of Redemption (the most overpowered healing talent ever) AND a "Battle Rez" for dps or a tank in raids. Not only is that a terrible idea but completely un-necessary for your class
    LOL butthurt druid much?

I agree that this is not a 'needed' ability. I like the flavour and theory though - yet I do think that adding more battle rez's is bad for balance.

Just my opinion.

Also. Just waiting upon 'divine hymn resurection, resurect all raid/party members in a 20foot radius' - that is how we should roll ;-)

You can already prevent death and put your shield on anyone in the party/raid.
    Sounds too much like a priest wanting to do anything other classes can.

How about giving paladins lots of hots? Or let me put barkskin on anyone in the raid?
    Not going to happen and I am glad about it.

Personally I don't think it fits the priest class. Paladins are more the devout, self-sacrifice class whereas Priests are preservers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus
    So you want more healing spell than any other class, an unlimited supply of mana pretty much, three aoe heals, shields, Spirit of Redemption (the most overpowered healing talent ever) AND a "Battle Rez" for dps or a tank in raids. Not only is that a terrible idea but completely un-necessary for your class
    Yeah, Spirit of Redemption is totally overpowered. No other class can die as well as a holy priest.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I think this is a bug related to SoRedemption, maybe you know.
    You can cast Lightwell in spirit form, and thats nice, but it despawns when spirit "dies" (you die, again...). I found this realy... not cool...

While I do think this is one of the top suggestions I've seen, I still hope I will never see it on priests. A spell that KILLS you in general does not sound very fun, specially not at the cost of talent point(s).

And I really don't get the druids complaining. It would not be anywhere near your battleres in usefulness. :
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I find it bad.

Druids have combat rez.
    Paladins sacrifice themselves for DI, have bop / bubble.
    Shamans can reincarnate.
    Priest has spirit of redemption.
    where the SS for locks!!!

nice idea, one of the more creative ones i have seen. would be nice to see it implemented into the game, as i see this as one of those things that would seriously mess up the whole priest playing system (which is good, because the same old renew-pom-heal-oh crap - shield play style is really boring)

a few things i would change: only transfer hit points to the target, with no mana involved. as mana transferring into runic power/energy/rage doesn't make much sense, and if it is indeed only about mana, it's a bit unfair to the other classes that doesn't use mana.

and second, i agree with naming the spell with something with "sacrifice" in it, PW:Life makes it sound so...easy and happy when the spell really isn't. if it has a casting time, i would name it hymn of sacrifice.

btw if this is indeed a talented spell, then it's not op at all. i mean, Reincarnation/battle rez/pally bubble/ss are all BASE spells. as for people complain about our SoRedemption, it's our 21 pointer...

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

At first I was impartial to this idea. Then I realized that this spell would absolutely SUCK for the priest.

Let's imagine you play an average shadow priest. By average, I meaning about half the dps in your raid do more damage then you, about half do less. Lets also assume you are in a 25 man with 3 tanks and 7 healers (meaning there are 15 dps, so 7 are better than you).

Anytime a tank, a healer, or one of those 7 dps die, it would be in the raids best interested to trade you for them. That means anytime one of those 17 players dies, you take their place. Now in my experience, most difficult bosses result in at least one player being dead by the end of the fight. With your idea, there is a 17/25 chance that player will be you.

Do you really want to spend a large fraction of most boss fights dead? Even if it would "help" the raid?

Generally my view on designing whole new spells is that it can be a fun thing to do but that will lead to very little, except for other forum-users calling the idea that you love stupid. On the other hand we've heard that there are plans to do a bit of pruning in the priest talent trees. Divine Spirit at least is likely to be moved (yay!) so who knows if there will be a free spot for a new ability. Who knows when it will happen too, I've been itching to redesign those talent trees for the whole of TBC. *Sigh*

Lightwell? I wouldn't want it removed and replaced with something else really. I like the core of the spell, the cool shiny object that you place in the room that helps your healing. I really think that it should get a tweak or a more interesting glyph though. It shouldn't only do a ton of healing if clicked, people simply don't use it enough in stressful situations. I don't mind the healing effect on it, but it should probably have another too that requires less interaction with it if it's supposed to be useful in raid-encounters and not only when you need a pee-break during trash-clearing in a five-man.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    Let's imagine you play an average shadow priest.
    Because the average shadow priest has 31 or 51 points in Holy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Lightwell? I wouldn't want it removed and replaced with something else really. I like the core of the spell, the cool shiny object that you place in the room that helps your healing. I really think that it should get a tweak or a more interesting glyph though. It shouldn't only do a ton of healing if clicked, people simply don't use it enough in stressful situations. I don't mind the healing effect on it, but it should probably have another too that requires less interaction with it if it's supposed to be useful in raid-encounters and not only when you need a pee-break during trash-clearing in a five-man.
    Lightwell sucks because in order for it to be useful your group needs to actually use it. The average raider simply will not click it because "it's too far away", "i lose dps if i do", etc.

If it we're changed to something like a mana-tide totem thing instead (restoring health ofc, not mana) it would be interesting again.

15+ Year Old Account

ZerooCool please leave my thread.

Your argumentation is completely besides the point and you failed to see that the guy you were just quoting talks about shadow priests. Since my spell idea would be a 31 or 51 holy talent shadow priests will never use it.

Umm...

Guardian Spirit?