being 25-manned gear for next 10-man raids

Since 10 men and 25 man version of raids are supposed to have different gear-wise progressions, and we know 25 man gears are 1 tier higher than 10 men in quality, so are 10 men version of future raids gonna be easy mode cleared instantly for those who do 25 man raids? (being overgeared for an instance can decrease difficulty even if there are complicated tacts for bosses)
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Re: being 25-manned gear for next 10-man raids

the gear from 25 mans isn't a full tier higher than 10 mans, more like a half tier. The stat differences between the two aren't gigantic. Sure they will make it a bit easier, but having 25 man gear won't mean you're able to waltz on in and 1 shot everything while if you had 10 man gear you would be stuck wiping over and over.

clicky for armory

Blizz said that Ulduar will be quite more difficult comparing to current content. So being fully t7.5 geared it will be still very difficult to clear 10man Ulduar content. Anyway I hope that it will be so

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amerlin
    Blizz said that Ulduar will be quite more difficult comparing to current content. So being fully t7.5 geared it will be still very difficult to clear 10man Ulduar content. Anyway I hope that it will be so
    Requiring gear from Naxx25 to reduce Ulduar10's challenge level to "difficult" is probably not Blizzard's design philosophy for allowing to independent progression paths.

Taking on Ulduar10 in Naxx10 gear will probably be adequately difficult. Taking on Ulduar10 in Naxx25 gear will probably be a bit easier. Taking on Ulduar25 in Naxx10 gear will probably not be attempted much anyway, but would probably be markedly difficult for a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    Requiring gear from Naxx25 to reduce Ulduar10's challenge level to "difficult" is probably not Blizzard's design philosophy for allowing to independent progression paths.

Taking on Ulduar10 in Naxx10 gear will probably be adequately difficult. Taking on Ulduar10 in Naxx25 gear will probably be a bit easier. Taking on Ulduar25 in Naxx10 gear will probably not be attempted much anyway, but would probably be markedly difficult for a raid.
    Why? Virtually everything in Naxx25 is a joke anyways to even a moderate skill level guild (or alliance of 2-3 casual guilds). My guild's to the point in which we run Naxx10 & Naxx25 for achievements and the last bit of our Naxx25 tokens we're missing and even folks are decently geared up with offspec gear now as well.

So, with that in mind, Ulduar10 needing a mix of Naxx10 & Naxx25 gear isn't too far of a stretch at all with Ulduar25 requiring Naxx25/Malygos25/Sarth25w/3Drakes.

But this is also Blizzard who made Naxx25 essentially "Naxx10 +15 more". So who knows, eh?

is naxx ulduar? why are you basing your judgment of ulduar on what has been stated is a very different instance.

if you actually believe that ulduar is going to be as cakewalk as naxx, then i honestly don't understand how you can have a sound mind, after 1000's of posts bitching about difficulty, and countless blue posts ensuring us of it's ramp-up in difficulty, i mean, are you retarded?

if you really think ulduar will be as easy as naxx, then do us all a favour and stop playing now, so we don't have to read your whining when you can't finish it first time through with no wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehenge
    the gear from 25 mans isn't a full tier higher than 10 mans, more like a half tier. The stat differences between the two aren't gigantic. Sure they will make it a bit easier, but having 25 man gear won't mean you're able to waltz on in and 1 shot everything while if you had 10 man gear you would be stuck wiping over and over.
    We one shot everything in blues/heroic gear...?
    Love, zalgoes/cryless/crymoar

Next arena gear (at least those ones that was in beta and are on wowhead now) will be 252 ILvl. It's much more difference than ones that are 213 now.

So if we could go easy Naxx10 from heroics (200 ilvl and half of epic gear) and one shot there everything very easy (though you won't one shot everything in naxx if you have never played vanilla wow and never read anything about tactics from beta and vanilla wow, just if you come there as you do it in 5man - without reading strat).

So you come in equal gear and get drops that are almost equal to ones you have.

If Ulduar 25 will be 252 then you will come there in full 213 + some 226 (max for a moment) and will be about 40 ilvl below instance (almost same as raiding in KilJaeden gear in Naxx10) and Ulduar will be a bit more difficult. If blizzard will really not show Ulduar on beta then it can be very interesting.

As much as I wish that was true, Blizz are catering to casuals FAR too much and I can see Ulduar being no harder than Malygos

25man Malygos, KT, and sarth with 2 drakes drop ilvl226 items. The highest level PvP items are ilvl213. I believe that they are going to make 10 mans drop ilvl226 loot, with ilvl239 on end bosses. 25man t8 will drop ilvl 239, with ilvl 251 items on end bosses. That way they can have PvP s6 be ilvl 226 for the weak stuff, ilvl 239 for the big stuff, and still keep the same loot level balance between the 2 that they had in t7.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

You wish, but what you state is not the truth.

Naxx 10 drops iLevel 200e items; Naxx 25 drops iLevel 213 items (end bosses drop one 'tier' higher)

Ulduar 10 will drop iLevel 213 items (with possibly the end bosses droping one "tier" higher) - will also drop Emblems of Valor

Ulduar 25 will drop iLevel 226 items (end bosses likely dropping one "tier" higher) - will also drop a new token.

Mystery Raid 10 will drops iLevel 226 items and the "Ulduar 25 token"

Mystery Raid 25 will drop iLevel 239 items and a new token

Icecrown 10 will drop iLevel 239 items and "Mystery Raid 25 tokens"

Icecrown 25 will drop iLevel 242 items and its own tokens.

It's not real hard to figure out. Dont know why people are having issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    Naxx 10 drops iLevel 200e items; Naxx 25 drops iLevel 213 items (end bosses drop one 'tier' higher)

Ulduar 10 will drop iLevel 213 items (with possibly the end bosses droping one "tier" higher) - will also drop Emblems of Valor

Ulduar 25 will drop iLevel 226 items (end bosses likely dropping one "tier" higher) - will also drop a new token.

Mystery Raid 10 will drops iLevel 226 items and the "Ulduar 25 token"

Mystery Raid 25 will drop iLevel 239 items and a new token

Icecrown 10 will drop iLevel 239 items and "Mystery Raid 25 tokens"

Icecrown 25 will drop iLevel 242 items and its own tokens.

It's not real hard to figure out. Dont know why people are having issues with it.
    Because some people lack certain important body parts (e.g a brain).

Quote Originally Posted by proga
    Next arena gear
    I stopped right there, you have no more posting privileges in this thread.

turkeyspit

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned
    Since 10 men and 25 man version of raids are supposed to have different gear-wise progressions, and we know 25 man gears are 1 tier higher than 10 men in quality, so are 10 men version of future raids gonna be easy mode cleared instantly for those who do 25 man raids? (being overgeared for an instance can decrease difficulty even if there are complicated tacts for bosses)
    T6.5 geared people would wipe on Vashj or Kael if they were retarded, but could drool their way through Attumen and Maiden.

Naxxramas is Attumen and Maiden, where Skill is not required, and gear is also optional
    If Ulduar raid bosses are more like Vashj/Kael, then it won't matter if you have T9 or T10 gear if you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Why? Virtually everything in Naxx25 is a joke anyways to even a moderate skill level guild (or alliance of 2-3 casual guilds). My guild's to the point in which we run Naxx10 & Naxx25 for achievements and the last bit of our Naxx25 tokens we're missing and even folks are decently geared up with offspec gear now as well.

So, with that in mind, Ulduar10 needing a mix of Naxx10 & Naxx25 gear isn't too far of a stretch at all with Ulduar25 requiring Naxx25/Malygos25/Sarth25w/3Drakes.

But this is also Blizzard who made Naxx25 essentially "Naxx10 +15 more". So who knows, eh?

100% correct.

Average guilds have had all the 25man content on farm for a good month now and terrible players are running around in 213ilvl gear they farmed from facerolling with Trade Chat PUGs.

I can see it now:

/2 LFM 25Uldar must do at least 1200dps!
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    T6.5 geared people would wipe on Vashj or Kael if they were retarded, but could drool their way through Attumen and Maiden.

Naxxramas is Attumen and Maiden, where Skill is not required, and gear is also optional
    If Ulduar raid bosses are more like Vashj/Kael, then it won't matter if you have T9 or T10 gear if you suck.
    uhm whilst i like the game to be hard, i DO hope that you aren't referring to vashj pre-nerf?
    some pre-nerf boss where a tiny bit over the top :P
    vashj persuasion anyone? 5 players with increased healing done//dmg done that either started healing vashj OR where running around wildly (immune to cc) to shot down your friends (ex-friends).. possibly even the tank(s) could be affected :P
    al'ar random charge oneshotting low hp ppl forcing you to go with +hp flask instead of +dmg? :P
    or lovely al'ar spawning like 3 adds for platform, thus early "the eye" side-trip eneded with various tanks splitting a LOT and i mean A LOT of lil cute phoenix around themselves :P
    magtheridon 4 player cube rotation? or adds hitting like truck? (on the other hand iirc magtheridon himself didn't hit THAT hard pre-nerf)
    gruul.. weelll you could say that basically you could prevent most of your problems here but the luck is around the corner.. 3 ppl in a 15yard radius could mean something like 8k dmg.. so go figures if you get UNLUCKY :P
    OR... mister mororgrim? 4 (FOUR) packs of six murloc each + ELEMENTALS dowing aoe damage on.. guess who? the aoe-ers who were supposed to take care of your 24 murloc! :P
    or maybe.. old keal'thas? with capernian being a huge random bitch and telonicus's debuff on the tank (for the healers)?
    and heck, why, i'm forgetting someone of course!
    the old kara PRENERF gang
    aran and the old flame wrath design with ANYTHING breaking it, INCLUDED his very own firebreath!
    or the lovely dragon in kara with an aura dealing roughly two times the damage it deals now?
    or romulo pretty much facerolling tanks?
    and so on..

can't talk much of sunwell sadly.. my guild didn't manage to enter sunwell (well we COULD basically, but we decided we were up for it pretty much when the big migration of players for aoc started, and found ourselves lacking members until the aoc exodum died :L)

ANYWAY, don't get me wrong, i DO want things to be tuned appropriately with a decent level of striving involved in the fight and the actual content CLEARLY isn't.. :P
    yet let me wonder if the actual "oh i so miss the good time" are those who tried c'thun/naxx in vanilla, those who tried kara/ssc/tk pre-nerf (and got their arses sadly kicked at times), or simply those who downed the more balanced post-nerf versions of tbc bosses and feel like they "know" the game :P