Page 1 of 2
LastLast

enhancement shaman dps rotation

hey guys, just want to ask, whats the right dps rotation during raids? is it stormstrike > earthshock > lava lash > earthshock > repeat? and also, do you really need to attain the hit cap (314?) in pve? thanks!

Re: enhancement shaman dps rotation

Being hit-capped helps so much, trust me. Your rotation is totally wrong btw. Check the link

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=28143.0

Quote Originally Posted by shammyhoho
    hey guys, just want to ask, whats the right dps rotation during raids? is it stormstrike > earthshock > lava lash > earthshock > repeat? and also, do you really need to attain the hit cap (314?) in pve? thanks!
    Beside the priorities i am kinda suprised i do not see MW at all in your list.

Quote Originally Posted by QueueQueue
    Being hit-capped helps so much, trust me. Your rotation is totally wrong btw. Check the link

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=28143.0
    yeah just read the forums, did much help hehe! thanks buddy

also, i wanted to post my armory so that i can here comments/suggestions from u guys so i can improve more (im sure that i got lots of errors in gear etc, so i really need help )

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Kickindabutt

im currently doing 2000-3000max dps in 25man raids (including buffs), and im wonderin if i can go higher with the kind of gear i have, also i need to change gems/enchants if needed so what can u guys comment?

lastly, something is really wrong with my hit rating, i dont really get that 99 hit rating i read from http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=28143.0, also my friends told me that expertise is really not important so i dont have to cap it.. what do u guys suggest? any comment is welcome thanks!

im currently doing 2000-3000max dps in 25man raids (including buffs), and im wonderin if i can go higher with the kind of gear i have, also i need to change gems/enchants if needed so what can u guys comment?
    You probably can't pump out much more dps than that until you hit/expertise cap yourself.

also my friends told me that expertise is really not important so i dont have to cap it.. what do u guys suggest? any comment is welcome thanks!
    Your friends are liars or wrong, and they don't know anything about enhancement shamen in WotLK. The point being that, yes, you do need to hit the expertise cap if you want to be competitive in 25 man raids ( or anywhere really ).
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

15+ Year Old Account

Use the 'Shock and Awe' addon... by far the best addon I have. It will show you what is next in your priority que as shamans don't really have a rotation per se.

whats the hit cap again for shaman? is it 314?

15+ Year Old Account

367 non draenai

314 for draenei's?

314 for draenei's?
    341 for draenei which is 13% spell hit.

Total needed spell hit for raid bosses is 17%

-1% for our racial
    -3% from assuming you have misery or imp ff. on the boss.

Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Author of ShockAndAwe addon - An Enhancement Shaman Max dps addon

Read the Enhancement Shaman Think Tank to understand Wrath changes. Click here to join Elitist Jerks and participate in detailed theorycrafting discussions.

FAQ: Hit cap 341 Draenei, 367 Horde, Expertise rating cap 214. Cap those before worrying about other stats. Once capped then go for Crit/AP/Agi/Haste. Use EnhSim the Enhancement Shaman DPS simulator to work out what stats are best for your personal gear & talent setup.

copy pasted leeva's sig, pretty much sums up what the OP wanted
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=garad

okay thanks! so what i should do is to take out my crit/agi gems (since most of my gems are), then replace it with those with +hit and +expertise right? also, should i get the set bonus of the items i have? (ex: +8 ap, +6stam etc)

Deleted

Yes your dps is suffering from lack of hit and expertise. BTW you do stand behind the bosses don't you?

The socket bonuses should not be a concern while capping hit and expertise. Once you gear up and have them capped with a few gem slots left over, then you can try to get the socket bonuses, but use common sense. If you have a blue socket that grants +8 ap as a bonus, don't use a 16 ap/ 12 stam gem to get the bonus when you can get a +32 ap gem for more net ap instead. Once hit/exp are capped, and you've met the requirements for you meta gem, the bonuses should only be a concern if you can get them while still using the optimal gems for dps.

Levva, yes i do stand behind bosses during 25man bossifights. Except those who require standing by the side just like maybe grobbulus? But most of the time i stay behind the boss. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrandel
    The socket bonuses should not be a concern while capping hit and expertise. Once you gear up and have them capped with a few gem slots left over, then you can try to get the socket bonuses, but use common sense. If you have a blue socket that grants +8 ap as a bonus, don't use a 16 ap/ 12 stam gem to get the bonus when you can get a +32 ap gem for more net ap instead. Once hit/exp are capped, and you've met the requirements for you meta gem, the bonuses should only be a concern if you can get them while still using the optimal gems for dps.
    got it! thanks Thyrandel

I'd like to know too, thou i'd have thought that either the side or the back is fine, just not the front.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Casa
    I'd like to know too, thou i'd have thought that either the side or the back is fine, just not the front.
    You are fine as long as you are treated by the game as being behind the boss, and the sides often count, I've never actually seen numbers about what the angle needs to be, I would guess from 90 degrees to 270 degrees. The reason is that you attacks can be parried if you are not treated as behind the boss.

A parried attack which can only happen if you are treated as in front of boss not only means no damage it also resets the boss' swing timer potentially giving him another attack quicker than normal. I believe that the Parry chance is still 9% I haven't read anything that changed this in WotLK. So 9% of your attacks will fail from parries if you attack from the front. In addition to this your attacks can be dodged base chance is 6.5% so with zero expertise you have a 15.5% miss chance if you attack from the front. If you are doing around 3k dps this is very very roughly equivalent to a 465 dps loss. If you attack from behind you can't be parried so the 9% disappears. If you have 214 Expertise rating = 26 expertise shown on your character sheet, then your attacks can't be dodged either and your 3k dps has climbed towards 3.5k dps.

Standing behind a boss is a very basic idea, some people don't know this and so have dramatically lower dps as a result.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

bosses are parrying roughly ~12% and from left or right side directly you usually have (due to lag and bugging sheite) less dps since parry will exist there (should be 178 degrees cone). also some mofos has 180degrees cleave you dont wanna accidentally get (sapphiron ie).

whats the problem staying behind?