Thread: Disc PvP Build?

CrisisCore

Disc PvP Build?

How dose this look to people and also what changes would you make and why?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxIbuhMtrjoVcRtfxzh

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Disc PvP Build?

No reflective shield and no aspiration makes me a sad disc panda.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

CrisisCore

i thought about reflect shield but its not that good of a talent imo (it dosnt make a difference to me whether they take damage as much as if i live)

and wow i completely overlooked aspiration =P il respec when i get on later tonight for it... what should i drop though to pick it up

Reflective shields is not 3 points worth it atm.

I would go for smt like this, you can easily move a few talents if you want.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

Its not worth speccing for crit as it is now, its actually rare you can get a flash heal off if you have a rogue on your back.
    You could pick Grace, but again, most of your healing is instant spells, so imo not worth it.

Gl.

CrisisCore

kk thanks i mostly got grace due to its 100% chance to max stack with penance making all my heals (including renew) on my partner(s) heal for just a bit more

True, but its again only 3% with a MS debuff on.

I dont know which setup or bracket your playing in, but a priest is often the target your opponents will go for. But pick what you belive works best for you and your partner(s)

15+ Year Old Account

It's also 3% less damage taken, which isn't much, but helps at least.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

CrisisCore

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotrip
    Reflective shields is not 3 points worth it atm.

I would go for smt like this, you can easily move a few talents if you want.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

Its not worth speccing for crit as it is now, its actually rare you can get a flash heal off if you have a rogue on your back.
    You could pick Grace, but again, most of your healing is instant spells, so imo not worth it.

Gl.

quick question why would you take points out of imp PW:F/PoF and devine aegis for mental agility? just wondering it seems like stam and shielding are my priority so i dont die then mana conservation

15+ Year Old Account

I never spec Imp. Fortitude for PVP, it will get dispelled anyway.

CrisisCore

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I never spec Imp. Fortitude for PVP, it will get dispelled anyway.
    kk thnks

i would go for something like this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxcruhgt0esVootfVzh

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxIMuhTtMcoVfotbxth

Best disc spec you can get currently.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisisCore
    How dose this look to people and also what changes would you make and why?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxIbuhMtrjoVcRtfxzh
    Ok, I've already got Brutally Dedicated this season on my priest and have played tons of game, and form my experience, 5 things in your specc went horribly wrong.

A. Mana burn is USELESS, matches last 2-3 minutes (my longest ever was 5 mins) and u dont get to utilize it at all, its not like you actually have the time to mana burn when taking 8k crits.... This CAN depend on who your partner is, ofc playing with a mage its a must. playing with a retradin its useless

B. Enlightement is a waste of 4 points. Spirit is useless this season! in 2 minute matches its not like u get a second to stop casting (either ur spam healing or dpsing) and its not like you drink very often either. 4% stamina, is OK at most. Then again, if your left at 500 hp, means you already did something wrong, and its not like u got any ways to escape once uve got that 500 hp. 4% spell haste i dont find to be game breaking.

C. Divine Aegis: uve got a 20% crit chance at MOST. On top of that, 75% of your heals are instant and crits of instants tend to be rather small.

D. Renewed hope= 4% crit chance for 2 points, imo thats a f** AWESOME tradeoff, i mean if uve spent 5 points on 5% crit chance in holy specialization, then 4% for 2 points is amazing. (the thing is, if ur ever healing someone not with weakened soul on him, ur doing something wrong - always 1st cast in rotation)

E. Since pennance is your only *big heal* not having aspiration that reduces its cooldown seems a bad idea

A few other things that change depending on preferance:

Blessed resilience, i personally hate it.

Not having Divine Fury= ALOT less burst perspective (notice S5= 99% burst)

Silent Resolve- I've met 2 shamans in 500 games played that actually dispelled me. And if a priest actually has time to dispell, ur partner is doing something wrong.

Besides those changes ur fine

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    Ok, I've already got Brutally Dedicated this season on my priest and have played tons of game, and form my experience, 5 things in your specc went horribly wrong.

A. Mana burn is USELESS, matches last 2-3 minutes (my longest ever was 5 mins) and u dont get to utilize it at all, its not like you actually have the time to mana burn when taking 8k crits.... This CAN depend on who your partner is, ofc playing with a mage its a must. playing with a retradin its useless

Wrong, you've clearly not gotten very high in those 300 games, because you've never a faced holy pally / unholy dk that is decent.

B. Enlightement is a waste of 4 points. Spirit is useless this season! in 2 minute matches its not like u get a second to stop casting (either ur spam healing or dpsing) and its not like you drink very often either. 4% stamina, is OK at most. Then again, if your left at 500 hp, means you already did something wrong, and its not like u got any ways to escape once uve got that 500 hp. 4% spell haste i dont find to be game breaking.

Wrong again, you've never played against a decent holy/dk, and yes, the talent is useless because of the point cost, but your reasoning is wrong.

C. Divine Aegis: uve got a 20% crit chance at MOST. On top of that, 75% of your heals are instant and crits of instants tend to be rather small.

Wrong again, my ProM's still give me a 1.5k shield, which isn't that bad, and on penances it gives ~2k, for all you complain about burst, this is a huge talent for reducing it.

D. Renewed hope= 4% crit chance for 2 points, imo thats a f** AWESOME tradeoff, i mean if uve spent 5 points on 5% crit chance in holy specialization, then 4% for 2 points is amazing. (the thing is, if ur ever healing someone not with weakened soul on him, ur doing something wrong - always 1st cast in rotation)

Good, but not enough points.

E. Since pennance is your only *big heal* not having aspiration that reduces its cooldown seems a bad idea

Agree here.

A few other things that change depending on preferance:

Blessed resilience, i personally hate it.

Not having Divine Fury= ALOT less burst perspective (notice S5= 99% burst)

Silent Resolve- I've met 2 shamans in 500 games played that actually dispelled me. And if a priest actually has time to dispell, ur partner is doing something wrong.

You haven't faced a good shaman rogue.

Besides those changes ur fine

After about 400 games, some of them are really short, but more than 50% of my games are against holy / dk, which last until I run out of mana, stop saying all games last 2 minutes, maybe in the 1600-1700 bracket, but not anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisisCore
    quick question why would you take points out of imp PW:F/PoF and devine aegis for mental agility? just wondering it seems like stam and shielding are my priority so i dont die then mana conservation
    Well Imp Pw:S only scale with the base absorbation, so its realy not much more absorbation you get.

Well honestly, I have mana problems in a lot of matches, thats the reason for all the mana stuff.

I have like 10% crit in my PvP gear/spec listed above, and therefore dinine Aegis is defently not worth 3 points.

About Enlightement I can agree that its a bad talent for 5 points. but it gives me like 1000 more HP, and those can be lifesaver for me. 5% haste isnt too bad either

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotrip
    Well Imp Pw:S only scale with the base absorbation, so its realy not much more absorbation you get.

Well honestly, I have mana problems in a lot of matches, thats the reason for all the mana stuff.

I have like 10% crit in my PvP gear/spec listed above, and therefore dinine Aegis is defently not worth 3 points.

About Enlightement I can agree that its a bad talent for 5 points. but it gives me like 1000 more HP, and those can be lifesaver for me. 5% haste isnt too bad either

Improved PW:S is one of the biggest upgrades per talent point atm, because it stacks twice with borrowed time because blizzard is dumb, dropping 3 points into it increases my bubble by about 1000.

CrisisCore

duely noted guys thnks for the tips ;D lastly though is there anything spacificly i can do to avoid stunlock from dual rogue teams