Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What set for PvP?

Hey

With the 2 PvP sets available (mooncloth and satin), which one is the one to go for as a deep disc priest?
    While crit adds a ''luck'' factor to pvp, is spirit worth anything at all?

What u guyz think/chose?

Re: What set for PvP?

3 mooncloth, 2 satin.

CrisisCore

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    3 mooncloth, 2 satin.
    which pieces specifically? im very interested in this actually

No clue. I haven't done the min-max math. I'm mainly replacing the weakest part of my PvE gear first.

Playing with 2xT7 seems very tempting.

wrong.

4 Mooncloth 1 Satin.

Satin hood because its the second resil socket bonus, giving 8 extra resil, this is if you're playing with a rogue/mage/hunter.

but If you're playing with a DK or Ret,

3 Mooncloth 2 Satin.

Satin Helm, and I think pants I forget.

But should just make sure you have satin helm, mooncloth chest, since these are both 8 resil set bonuses.

In the current state of PvP, I wouldn't live without the double bonus.

Then you aren't doing it right.

So wanting 50 more resilience, when I got a retri paladin, a death knight, and possible even a rogue, attempting to burst me down... at the same time -- is doing it wrong.

Wait, what?

In the games I've played, 2 seconds off Weakened Soul wouldn't matter at all.

So wanting 50 more resilience, when I got a retri paladin, a death knight, and possible even a rogue, attempting to burst me down... at the same time -- is doing it wrong.

Wait, what?

In the games I've played, 2 seconds off Weakened Soul wouldn't matter at all.
    getting off a 5,000 damage absorbing shield isn't a big deal at all or anything.

the reason I said my choices is.. rogue/mage/hunter needs extra healing, your 50 resil doesn't effect them.

dk/ret both have good survivability so you can go for the 50 resil.

3 mooncloth, 2 satin.
    As a matter of fact, please tell me how much time you have spent in FSR and how much time u have spent drinking in arena? answer= probably about 1% of my time

And how many times have you died at >25% mana? probably over 80% of the time as disc.

That why i say 3 Satin 2 Mooncloth

Mooncloth Chest socket bonus= resilience

Mooncloth Legs socket bonus= Spell power

All other mooncloth set bonuses= Spirit (which we decided is useless)

Therefore, chest/legs from mooncloth and the other 3 from satin to maximize resili

Alternatively: Gloves/shoulders form Mooncloth to minimize spirit and maximize crit (you lose like 12 resili)

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    As a matter of fact, please tell me how much time you have spent in FSR and how much time u have spent drinking in arena? answer= probably about 1% of my time

And how many times have you died at >25% mana? probably over 80% of the time as disc.

That why i say 3 Satin 2 Mooncloth

Mooncloth Chest socket bonus= resilience

Mooncloth Legs socket bonus= Spell power

All other mooncloth set bonuses= Spirit (which we decided is useless)

Therefore, chest/legs from mooncloth and the other 3 from satin to maximize resili

Alternatively: Gloves/shoulders form Mooncloth to minimize spirit and maximize crit (you lose like 12 resili)
    Spirit isn't useless, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Spirit isn't useless, shut up.
    Only way Spirit might have some kind of use is because of Meditation (unless ur going semi-deep holy and get extra SP from it)
    I personally would rather have extra Resil due to the ridiculous burst damage we are facing at the moment.
    3Satins/2Mooncloth or 3Mooncloth/2Satins comes down to pretty much the same, as long as u get both 2sets bonuses (Im teaming up with a DK atm, so of course I'm the target)

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    Only way Spirit might have some kind of use is because of Meditation (unless ur going semi-deep holy and get extra SP from it)
    I personally would rather have extra Resil due to the ridiculous burst damage we are facing at the moment.
    3Satins/2Mooncloth or 3Mooncloth/2Satins comes down to pretty much the same, as long as u get both 2sets bonuses (Im teaming up with a DK atm, so of course I'm the target)
    I've gotten to the point where my games are lasting 10-25 minutes, and I need the spirit, I use 4 set because I have a rogue and he gets focused sometimes, as I said, with ret/dk I would use 3mooncloth/2satin.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisisCore
    which pieces specifically? im very interested in this actually
    I'd say Hands and Shoulders, as those are the weakest parts, so you won't miss too much spirit

getting off a 5,000 damage absorbing shield isn't a big deal at all or anything.

the reason I said my choices is.. rogue/mage/hunter needs extra healing, your 50 resil doesn't effect them.

dk/ret both have good survivability so you can go for the 50 resil.
    It's always me who get focused, so most important for me to have high resilience. Up to 554 resilience after last night's matches.
    Picked satin shoulders & headpiece, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hwing&n=Nezoia

I want to try out Divine Aegis this week.

I play with Satin, thought about the spirit and it's usless... If I EVER live to a moment i go OOM I will want more spirit, but my high end PvE gear has a lot of that, and I do not have full PvP gear.

I did try a high crit build with Holy Spec and Divine Aegis. And... it's random as hell. Helps a lot, but only sometimes... gues it's like "sometimes they crit and win, sometimes I crit and live".

Can't wait for the 2 hit pvp epics from wintergrasp, maybe I won't have to put on shadow t7.5 or the Dying Curse trinkiet to get dispells and fears off. (The trinkiet proc is totaly imba for pvp, but again... random).

I do take Reflective shield and Divine Fury, like to give some of that dmg back to the damn DK's. Probably kinda silly but it works for me

I've gotten to the point where my games are lasting 10-25 minutes, and I need the spirit, I use 4 set because I have a rogue and he gets focused sometimes, as I said, with ret/dk I would use 3mooncloth/2satin.
    christ 10-25 minutes means
    A. Your rogue FAILS at dps.
    B. You fail at supporting his dps
    C. You play like a paladin in cloth with 50% the healing

D. Whats ur char name? I've seen u saying the setupidest shit for 25 posts now and seriously wondering what noob u are

It's always me who get focused, so most important for me to have high resilience. Up to 554 resilience after last night's matches.
    Picked satin shoulders & headpiece, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hwing&n=Nezoia

I want to try out Divine Aegis this week.
    Id like to tell you that Divine Shield is way too RNG based for it to be effective. Looking at your specc i suggest getting Renewed hope. 4% crit for 2 points is a really good trade off IMO. Besides that your specc is identical to what mine is, besides 1 small thing.

Silent Resolve, 30% dispell resistsnace is fcking awesome... but me personally, i meet about 1 dispeller every 20 games, and i beleive those 3 points could be more usefull elsewhere. Again, if there are many preists/shamans in your BG then this is a bad suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    Id like to tell you that Divine Shield is way too RNG based for it to be effective. Looking at your specc i suggest getting Renewed hope. 4% crit for 2 points is a really good trade off IMO. Besides that your specc is identical to what mine is, besides 1 small thing.

Silent Resolve, 30% dispell resistsnace is fcking awesome... but me personally, i meet about 1 dispeller every 20 games, and i beleive those 3 points could be more usefull elsewhere. Again, if there are many preists/shamans in your BG then this is a bad suggestion
    Quick question: Shouldn't Reflective Shield be a must considering how we are the target 95% of the time?

Like I said, nice to give some of that pain back to the damn rogue!

It's very powerfull against a 2xdps combo btw. And doing any kind of passive dmg is better then doing nothing, right?