Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Replenishment - are we happy with it?

Time passed, content been cleared, and we had alot of time to test the new mana feature of wotlk: Replenishment.

So the question is simple, are we happy with it? Both personal, and for groups / raids.

Personally? Very happy, and it seems to scale very good with gear.

Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

No complaints here!

I think it's great. The only thing I don't like is that when I was shadow it was a nice thought when I got a piece of gear upgrade that I'd be giving my group more mana back. Oh well. Now that I'm not shadow I like it better because that means I don't have to be in the shadow priest group to get mana. :P

I must say, I love it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's interesting to see the replies compared to the discussions at level 70 post 3.0 !

I like it as well, even though I enjoyed having that special niche in the raid as the mana battery. Although I can't complain on usually being top 3 dps in my raids

Replenishment is so good, there should be an achievement for doing raids without it.

We'ld be getting that one with the guild and we got third content cleared on server ^_^

But tbh, I'm happy with it. It's a nice boost to mana regen, but it's not THAT much that healers will instantly OOM without it.

The main thing i like about replenishment is that Shadow priests' damage isnt capped now, and they can compete with the rest of the dps.

Allow me to counter the sentiment in this thread so far, then.

I don't like Replenishment. The buff is too required; you will both notice it and feel the pain when the buff is not present.

For DPS'ers, it's a good decent buff. If the DPS'ers have this buff, they typically don't need to use cooldowns on mana-regaining abilities, and this increase their DPS by a notable margin.

There are two dps'ers who fall outside of this however, and that is elemental shammies and boomkins who give their innervates to holypriests. Both these specs will get into trouble when there is no replenishment available. There is nothing more sad than a mana-starved boomkin. He gave away his innervate to the healer to avoid a wipe, and now he's stuck with hardly any DPS.

For most healers, the buff is just too required, it covers more than 1/3rd of our manaregen at the moment, closing in to 50% in the extreme cases. A restoshammy and a holy priest in particular will notice the lack of replenishment to a very high degree. Sure, in a raiding environment you mostly have it, but there is always the odd 10man pug where you do not, and these will be very heavy to heal. Heroics are even worse, when Replenishment is even more rare. I have not managed to heal a CoT Timed even without replenishment. I simply run OOM, and if the group press on, we wipe. Unless I get drinking breaks, we die. And if I do get drinking breaks, we won't make the timer. Sure, CoT Timed event is supposed to be hard. But it's still a bit disheartening that one buff make that much of a difference.

Idealy, if I had replenishment, I could stop worrying about whether my shadowfiend bites the dust as I don't need to cast it. However, in practice, I need to use all my mana regaining abilities, and still run OOM unless there is replenishment around. Healing without replenishment is just painful. Sure, you wanted it to be powerful to allow shadowpriests a raidspot, but... it's just too needed. Especially for holy priests and shammies, but also paladins and disc priests will notice the lack of replenishment. When one buff is consisting of 40% of my regen, and I am underperforming without it, then something is not quite as it should be.

That's why I don't like it.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

That can be true of a lot of classes though. Trying to do a full raid without a mage or druid to decurse, nobody to dispel, a buff like Bloodlust, ect.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm starting to get innervates from our resto druids the boomkin uses it on himself.

Replenishment makes me wish that some of the Hunters I run with would spec survival T.T
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Replenishment is fine and very well tuned , as it was mencioned it will scale alot whit gear 2 replenishment classes in a 25 man raid is a "must" for a perfect regen all around but who the hell dosent run whit a ret/shadow priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'm starting to get innervates from our resto druids the boomkin uses it on himself.
    innervate for what? been ages since i needed to use dispersion for mana ... the 3 mn's shadowfiend more then enof , last time i had to use a mana pot i still had 3 or 4 lvl 70 pieces... Not even in the longest figth in the current content i go oom no mather how hard i try.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Twilight Zone and Kel'thuzad.

You clearly don't try hard enough, or only do steamroll fights and never get Mana Bomb on KT if you claim you don't go oom.

And I use Dispersion on ever Malygos kill, it's "why not", since you're allready in the vortex. And I can easily burn 36% mana before first Vortex.

Mind you, I don't run with 2xT7, and I actually got haste on my gear

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    Not even in the longest figth in the current content i go oom no mather how hard i try.
    Try Sartharion with 3 drakes alive on 10 man mode You might get into trouble with mana there.

But on the note of Replenishment I am quite happy. Its an interesting way of being a new mana battery. And seeing we all have our Dots up constantly the VT / MB combo is easy to pull of as well. (In the beginning when I heard about the change I wasnt so sure about this combo and would rather have seen it build into MB alone or something).

greenmasheen

It's interesting to see the replies compared to the discussions at level 70 post 3.0 !
    gear changed since then... also being able to dps worth a crap in raids is nice if i ever decide to try shadow... come on dual spec!

Twilight Zone and Kel'thuzad.

You clearly don't try hard enough, or only do steamroll fights and never get Mana Bomb on KT if you claim you don't go oom.

And I use Dispersion on ever Malygos kill, it's "why not", since you're allready in the vortex. And I can easily burn 36% mana before first Vortex.

Mind you, I don't run with 2xT7, and I actually got haste on my gear
    Hey i also run around 400 ish haste on my raiding set and i cleared all the content in any avaiable mode and never got into any mana issues at all , i just pop my fiend early and keep it on a tigth mark , i guess the raid dps works in my advantage , short figths are prety comon in our raids so that migth be the catch... as for the 2x t7 i belive it does save some mana but nothing relevant.
    (as for malygos yes , i also pop dispersion on the vortex rigth away , it's one less target for them to heal)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Try Sartharion with 3 drakes alive on 10 man mode You might get into trouble with mana there.
    they are done and no i didnt went into any mana issues at all , had bok/bow and a resto sherman in the group so it migth help on my self regen.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by artan

they are done and no i didnt went into any mana issues at all , had bok/bow and a resto sherman in the group so it migth help on my self regen.
    Ah true, our setup didnt have that :P

Replenishment sure works better than I thought, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Allow me to counter the sentiment in this thread so far, then.

I don't like Replenishment. The buff is too required; you will both notice it and feel the pain when the buff is not present.

For DPS'ers, it's a good decent buff. If the DPS'ers have this buff, they typically don't need to use cooldowns on mana-regaining abilities, and this increase their DPS by a notable margin.

There are two dps'ers who fall outside of this however, and that is elemental shammies and boomkins who give their innervates to holypriests. Both these specs will get into trouble when there is no replenishment available. There is nothing more sad than a mana-starved boomkin. He gave away his innervate to the healer to avoid a wipe, and now he's stuck with hardly any DPS.

For most healers, the buff is just too required, it covers more than 1/3rd of our manaregen at the moment, closing in to 50% in the extreme cases. A restoshammy and a holy priest in particular will notice the lack of replenishment to a very high degree. Sure, in a raiding environment you mostly have it, but there is always the odd 10man pug where you do not, and these will be very heavy to heal. Heroics are even worse, when Replenishment is even more rare. I have not managed to heal a CoT Timed even without replenishment. I simply run OOM, and if the group press on, we wipe. Unless I get drinking breaks, we die. And if I do get drinking breaks, we won't make the timer. Sure, CoT Timed event is supposed to be hard. But it's still a bit disheartening that one buff make that much of a difference.

Idealy, if I had replenishment, I could stop worrying about whether my shadowfiend bites the dust as I don't need to cast it. However, in practice, I need to use all my mana regaining abilities, and still run OOM unless there is replenishment around. Healing without replenishment is just painful. Sure, you wanted it to be powerful to allow shadowpriests a raidspot, but... it's just too needed. Especially for holy priests and shammies, but also paladins and disc priests will notice the lack of replenishment. When one buff is consisting of 40% of my regen, and I am underperforming without it, then something is not quite as it should be.

That's why I don't like it.
    As an ele and resto sham, I whole-heartedly agree with the quote above.