Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Of the Nightfall

After 3 nights of constant wiping my guild and I killed Sartharion with 3 drakes alive on the 10 man version.

Seeing this is the hardest fight in the game, I was wondering how many of you have already done it aswell.

Server first for us! And I got my server first Black drake !!

Team setup we used for it:
    2 Warrior tanks.
    1 Death Knight tank.
    1 Mage.
    1 Shadow Priest. (me ^^).
    1 Holy Paladin.
    1 Resto Druid.
    1 Dps warrior.
    1 Hunter.
    1 Caster shaman.

Re: Of the Nightfall

Only done 25man , working on 10man. But it's nice that the fight almost REQUIRES a shadowpriest for replenishment.

Feels good to be back in the game having a "secured spot" like in Sunwell

Loads of guilds have done it before.

its still hardest encounter in game.

Sucks to be melee, with all guild raidleaders casters.

We killed Sarth 2D two times and attempted 3D for about 2 hours - we definitly gonna do some more tries tonight. We had experienced a lot of problems from the time we decided to try it starting with equiping our DK with tank gear to our Sarth tank not being available due to RL issues

Also we are 10 man guild so there is gap between our gear and gear 25 players have. I think it makes it even more challenging. Anyway gz on the kill.

Atleast over 500 guilds...

The hardest ingame imo should be "Heroic: Glory Of The Raider"! Tho its includes alot of fights

"You don't have an Eternity" is also alot harder on heroic than on normal, so Heroic Glory of the Raider is still harder than non-heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    But it's nice that the fight almost REQUIRES a shadowpriest for replenishment.
    Possible to use a retribution paladin too. Just did it yesterday in a group where i was the only melee DPS. But yeh i guess thats why you used the word almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandrassan
    Real tanks block with their hands. And parry with their dicks. Dodging is for pussies.

True, but retribution paladins don't have Mind Sear <3

Consecration is quite nice too ticking 400-600 damage per sec

But anyways i forgot to say Gratz for the kill

Real tanks block with their hands. And parry with their dicks. Dodging is for pussies.

UUUU i done it yesterday after like 6h tries total, we used setup:
    2x warrior tank-1 on adds 1 on all drakes (me :P)
    1x unholy dk tank on boss
    1x holy priest
    1x holy paladin
    1xretri
    1xrogue
    1xlock
    1xresto shaman
    1x hunter
    We took the fight from survival side, we didnt burn or anything, all slowly and steady.
    When first drake comes we attacked him, when he was at ~50% second one came, we finish off first one, and 3rd one came.
    After first drake was dead we aoe all adds. (using BL if out of CD)
    After aoe we killing Shadron without entering any portals
    Second drake down- dps going to kill his disciple
    We killing 3rd drake, aoe adds, entering portal, killing disciple there, and after that its easymode, tank cant be 1shoted anymore, even if u got 2 more as backup...

Went to OS 3 drakes up, at around mid december, setup didn't include retri paladin or a replenishment, sucked for mana though i struggled threw (had a holy paladin and a resto druid who were just good with mana, as usual). Infact most times we go without replenishment, so its definetly not a 'must have'.

I do think that OS 3 drakes up is a nice challange, for a raid to work properly together, at the same time i was abit "let down" - for me it was not "hard" there were no wipes due to "sort the healing", all the tac's are based around tanks moving and dps timing the kill - healing = just heal it up. I enjoy repeating the difficulty, yet time to time seem abit dissapointed how i am not challenged in any way, but healing up the damage on time.

I must say OS 10m is the place for a holy paladin (beacon of light) to shine, and also holy priest.

Gratz on kill.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paltsu
    Consecration is quite nice too ticking 400-600 damage per sec

But anyways i forgot to say Gratz for the kill
    Mind Sear ticks for around 3000 per second
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Per target?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paltsu
    Per target?
    Of course.

That's why it is the single best AOE spell in the entire game. Dunno why it scales so freakingly well exactly, but some people presume it is not aoe capped.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Only done 25man , working on 10man. But it's nice that the fight almost REQUIRES a shadowpriest for replenishment.
    Retw works to

Anyway, gj with Sartharion gz

Feels good to be back in the game having a "secured spot" like in Sunwell
    what ?
    surv hunter/ret paladin is the way to go ...
    especially if you would happen to use BM hunter, thn retadin is the way to go

in our guild we dont even have shadowpriests, nor plan to recruit one lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashmidu
    Atleast over 500 guilds...

The hardest ingame imo should be "Heroic: Glory Of The Raider"! Tho its includes alot of fights

The immortal is many many times harder than undying :3
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Anyone got any idea why our melee were failing so badly? We had a warrior who normally tops dps and a ret paladin who just got betrayer of humanity. On our first and only night so far, while me (shadow, 1900 sp, 16% crit, 14% haste, unbuffed) and a warlock where doing 3k-ish dps single target with movement and learning, they melee were down nearer 2.3k, Drakes being tanked wrong or just melee failing? We had a DK and warrior tanks so they weren't short of buffs but this is far far from the required dps.

Also a lot of min/max people take holy paladins, is it possible without? Not to be rude to them but we don't really have any holy paladins with the skill to do it.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

If you have the gear the enconter is cake , we did it after the xmas/new years break whit a caster heavy setup

- Prot warrior (MTing)
    - Unholy Dk (on the adds)
    - Feral (drake tank)
    - 2 priests , holy/shadow
    - 1 Holy pala
    - Resto shaman
    - Mage
    - Space chiken
    - Ret Paladin

We just burn down the first 2 drakes (poping lust and CD's on the first one) and the enconter became trivial ... not much of a chalange if you play your cards rigth but even so it was fun to do.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's