Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

Last I checked, even as a raid healer in SWP, with exception of Felmyst, M'uru, Reliquary of Souls phase 2, and Gurtogg Bloodboil (the last two being in BT) Circle never passed the 20% of total healing done. Ever. And no, the person you quoted was right. When a Priest can walk into Illidari Council and do nothing but push a spell that auto targets for them, and tada, that's retarded. It was balanced when it was group based, that's all I have to say.
    As an off spec undergeared priest - I healed BT with CoH, instant flashes, PoMs and nothing else. I topped active healing most of the time and was below shamans on Overheal. CoH was easily 80%. The real healers did a more vital job, better than me, and with a massive degree more skill. I spammed for the sheer amusement. Plus I had 80 or so mana potions to get rid of

It was that easy. It should not have been. But tbh - 6 sec cooldown fixes it in a manner that pleases me. 2 holy priests will stack better as well - a veritable bonus ^_^

Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Yet shamans doesn't have a cd on their chain heal (which isn't talented).

Priests have plenty of reasons to complain about the class - the coh nerf may not be the biggest imo, but it could easily be avoided if blizzard took two minutes to check how people play and what the spells do with enough stats.
    You did NOT just compare CoH to CH. Give CoH a 2.5 second cast time, and I bet they'll take away the CD on it.

@TC
    I feel really sorry if you limit yourself by one skill.
    You play one of the best healing classes, with an insane amount of abilities.
    If you want an "I win" button please contact blizzard by an email and dont QQ at a public board.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    I'd love to see a video of priests ghealing through KJ. Hilarious. Were you not using the spell you would not be healing as efficiently as you could - ergo making you an erroneous choice to heal the encounter. Druids and pala's could heal the tank better than you. Shamans would pwn you on AOE. You'd fill no niche whatsoever. In SWP the priests niche was AOE healing. End of story.

The point is the players didn't break this spell - Blizzard did. People will always min max. Blizzard gave us an excellent ability and we maximised it's use. Saying it's the fault of the priests who used it is like telling a carpenter he's a tard for using his best tools for the job. It's stupid.

I'm not saying it wasn't OP. It certainly was, but then the higher level content NEEDED it. With raiding being a faceroll now it isn't needed. Hence why it is being nerfed.
    You know what else the higher level content needed? a 23/38 priest. Now without Circle, Holy still survived, even in BT, even all the way through Funwell up-to-and-including-Kil'jaedan. Felmyst was still a complete bitch, sure. But hey, so was Leo'theras unless your warlock specced SL.

My point for that is: One spamaholic fight does not define a spell or a talent
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xp

It's coming tomorrow...I am kinda psyched to heal vortex and Loetheb. O wait, I WANT to make druids roll lifeblooms on everyone before vortex and Necrotic Aura...yeah, i like the idea of taking our niche out because it was too good in situations where the devs didnt want it to be too good.
    CoH is way OP and I am sick of priests getting shit for using it. I use it when melee is hurt, i use it when ranged is hurt. There is no way to spam it and be good. The only time ive ever seen a legit priest spam it is during trash when theyre too undergeared to really make a difference. O well, Im okay with the nerf. It wont break the class. If you cant heal well, youre undergeared and might get a chance to have to put in time to participate in higher level things. Or, you just dont know the class. Priests can heal fine without CoH. Everyone please stop because youre making us look bad. healing meters dont matter, except to make sure your near the top in healing and near the bottom in overhealing...thats all theyre good for. Have fun with playing our (now slightly demanding of intelligence) new healing class.

I don't have opinion towards or against the Coh CD. I think it's because I rolled to pve disc as soon as I hit 80 and been playing it since. Cleared Naxx25 without problems. I even healed MT on Pathwerk with Penance rank 1 (had forgot to buy all the ranks, noob me). Sure my aoe / raid healing is atleast gimped. I mostly spam flash heals on raid now days with random renews and Pom's.

Raided as holy in TBC and is was one massive Coh spam fest. Did about 50% of my healing with Coh. That wasnt' fun. It got my to quit Wow for few months because I was so bored at healing and disc want so viable that it is at the moment. So if you feel that you can't heal as holy anymore with cd then spec to disc. It's fun as holy and will get the job done. Let the better aoe healing classes heal the raid and you can focus on tanks.

Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xp

Quote Originally Posted by Drstorm
    we should not be disadvantaged because people assume that all we do is spam it, because the ones with half a brain dont.
    People with a full brain spammed it because it was the BEST tool in the game to raid heal, by far.

CoH nerf is both unneccesary and flame-worthy.

sorted.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    To the OP, you are telling me that a paladin who is designed for healing 2 targets at once now find patchwerk to be easy to dominate...yeah think about this one for a bit...
    Indeed, holy paladins excel at healing 1 or 2 targets, atleast if the players knows their stuff then they can do absolutely amazing stuff. Then again, try to put holy paladin in an AoE heavy fight and you'll see them crying on the floor.

To the other guy who said 'lol if you can't beat a holy paladin on the meters, quit wow.' well if you think that healing meters mean anything between different classes then you could do with quitting wow.
    I happen to be leveling a disc priest. Disc priests don't heal as much as they mitigate/prevent damage and as such I will never be topping healing meters. But it doesn't bother me, I just throw around the pretty bubbles and watch them break, and if I can keep the whole party alive then I consider my job well-done. Besides, healing can't be metered similarly to damage done. Healing isn't something you can just do without limits, it is something where you have to be alert, you can't just keep healing people at full health and you can't just keep spamming one spell.