*** This is an IDEA post, not a QQ omg NERF Post *** in other words...READ IT!

Group or Party Dueling:

It could be done out in the world, in town or even in the actual Arenas. Just like how you could go fight in Nagrand and BeM in TBC only if you were grouped and in a 'group/party duel' people who just happen fly by can't join in.

I know you're probably thinking "Skirmish." I understand thats why they added this, but I've had plenty of skirms against some insanely geared people and thats never any fun. Its too random for this idea. Its close, but no cigar.

This would give us the feel of arena without the headache so to speak. This way guilds could challenge each other, or even friends. Cross faction group dueling would be allowed by simply adding something under your PVP flagging. If you're on a PVP server while in contested zones you're free game, but in an Arena zone you have the option to click "Duel." I would suggest that this option only be available if in a group of two or more.

This is just the start of an idea. Flame it all you wish or add to it if you have any other ideas. I lost my train of thought when my son came up to ask me a question. So if this gets any positive feedback I'll post more ideas as they come back to me.

Group Battlegrounds

Group Battlegrounds or something along those lines have also been mentioned as an idea. My take on this would be sort of like how Xbox works with say Gears of War II (Not exactly, but you know).

Let say there's 20 of you and you wish to do a WSG. You want to keep it in guild and not against random people. They could maybe make a screen where you act as a 'Host.' On this screen you would throw out invites. Even cross faction invites (given you knew their names). If everyone accepted you would then pick your map. If there was 20 you'd pick WSG, if there were 30 you could pick between AB / EotS (for example).

Again this would give the feel of the BG, but it would be against people you wish to fight. Twinks would love this. I've noticed lately that they're in an uproar about non-twinks joining their BG's. I could go on as to why I think maybe they should have their own only cause I used to twink 30-39, but thats for another thread or perhaps a sub thread.

Finally....

Arena is what it is.

Some of us liked it cause we couldn't blame anyone but ourselves. We either didnt have gear, the right tactics or came across a counter comp. We also liked it cause it was more 2v2 or 3v3 or 5v5 not 10+ vs 10+. I know my guild on our old server Rivendare would have death matches with horde guilds in BeM every night around 3am (ST). This was good times and it was sort of like Arena without the comps and or restrictions. There were mobs and it could get a little funky numbers wise, but usually we made sure it was an even fight as far as numbers went.

I know the idea has been talked about before, but now more than ever it should honestly be looked at with respect as a good idea.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18905642&sid=1

^^ the original post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kosheen - 80 Druid (Main)
Okal - 78 Huntard
GM of <Not Keyed> Frostwolf USBG9
/_(o_O)_/ Hip-hop-hooray \_(O_o)_\ Ho.. /_^.^_/ ...