How i key bind a shadow priest

I saw an interesting post on key binding so i thought id give some advice on how to make it easier. I use 2 devices when i key kind one is the n52te which (about 50 bucks) basically its like having the most of your left buttons on your key board on your left hand kinda like fells like a left handed mouse that u don't move. and second i use a MX Revolution mouse(about 90 bucks).
    normally wow key bindings only let you use about five mouse buttons which is why i keep mx config mode running when, which allows me to add more mouse buttons to my key bindings, for example instead of having the second wheel on my mouse have a zoom function which is useless in wow i replaced the zoom up with page up and zoom down with page down and i made the middle click in the second mouse wheel /. I also replaced the quick search command to press [ instead.
    To make this feel even more convent than just the old point and click method or looking at your key board to press shift 5, you should if you have a n52t3 or any device like it i recommend that that you program ctrl, alt, shift to buttons 11,12,and14 on your n52te and your move left, right, down, and up to buttons 7,9,3,and8 which by default should be set to movements anyways. I set my space or jump button in wow to the little circle above the d-pad where your thumb rest.
    One key feature i like about this set up is that u can spam really really easy with your mouse wheel from the mx. Since the Mx has a auto scroll if you move the mouse wheel down or up with enough force it will keep spinning for about for to to five seconds, so i recommend putting your spam able spells on the mouse wheel up functions. Let me put in terms easier to understand. you make mind blast wheel up you hit your wheel up and let is spin, now you make your shadow word pain shift wheel up. now by just holding your finger on shift and since the wheel is spinning freely up anyways then after the global cool down is done you will have applied shadow word pain again. and since i have my devouring plague see for shift mouse down i flick my finger down on the mouse to let it spin down and apply that spell then i let go of shift and let it cast mind flay since i key bound mind flay to mouse wheel down.

Heres a list of the key bindings i use-

Vampiric touch-mouse 4, Shadow Word:Pain- Shift+mouse wheel up

Devouring Plague-Shift+mouse wheel down, Mind Flay-mouse wheel down

Mind blast-Mouse wheel up, Mana Drain ctrl-space

Dispel magic self alt+mouse wheel down,
    (dispel self uses macro which i think would go something like
    /cast [target=YourName] Dispel Magic(Rank 2)
    (allows you to dispel your self with out changing target)

Dispel magic other alt+mouse wheel up

Power word shield self-ctrl+mouse wheel down
    (pws self uses macro which i think goes something like
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=pongotong] Power Word: Shield(Rank 12)
    (allows you to shield your self with out changing target)
    (note i added the /stopcating command because it made it easier to save
    my self in the middle of a fight where lets say a pom pyro was comming
    at me.)
    Power word shield others-ctrl+mouse wheel up

Flash Heal-Ctrl+alt+mouse wheel up

Renew-Ctrl+alt+mouse wheel down

This is just a small amount of what i have key bound to my mouse and n52 but you get the idea. While using the mouse wheel for spells makes zooming in and out a pain, if you have a n52te or a device like it you can put the zoom feature to the mouse wheel on the n52.

Re: How i key bind a shadow priest

People should bind keys to what is comfortable, now how others tell them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsipar
    People should bind keys to what is comfortable, now how others tell them to.

not where did i say that i didnt, i recommended theres pros and cons to diffrent styles of keybindings, mine cost more money for example

Quote Originally Posted by Pongotong
    theres pros and cons to diffrent styles of keybindings, mine cost more money for example
    And is really cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro

That's not as cumbersome as you would think, once you get used to it. Though I tend to save mousewheel bindings for oh-shit buttons, not general-use stuff.

I use my mousewheel for zooming in and out. People who don't zoom out usually die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I use my mousewheel for zooming in and out. People who don't zoom out usually die in a fire.
    I still zoom in and out my n52te has another wheel though its not as responsive as the mouse wheel i also have set angles assigned to my d-pad on my n52 to switch different view points which can be assigned from the key binding options

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro

yeah it is at first but becomes second nature after a while but that's the case with getting use to any key binding

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I do that a lot too. Mousewheel is only bound to shift/ctrl modifiers, un-modified is zooming.

Dispel magic self alt+mouse wheel down,
    (dispel self uses macro which i think would go something like
    /cast [target=YourName] Dispel Magic(Rank 2)
    (allows you to dispel your self with out changing target)
    There is no need of macros for using a skill on yourself (or your focus): the settings menu allows you to choose a shortcut for both.

15+ Year Old Account

What I learned the hard way:

If you have more than 1 keyboard option installed on windows (like me for example, german + english keyboard layout), DO NOT bind spells that you want to use on yourself with alt for selfcast, to shift+anything. Shift+Alt is the windows shortcut for switching keyboard layouts.

So in shadowform I had ProM on shift+Y(german) so I could swiftly switch out and do a instant heal. So sometimes shit hit the fan, I tried to ProM myself (so shift+alt+Y(german)) out of shadowform to no avail. I rightclick the shadowform debuff, and my action bar gets changed, so now I have ProM bound to Y(german). But I couldn't even cast ProM anymore! After I dies I realized my keyboard was switched to english, so now my Y key was Z and vice versa, because I hit shif+alt.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!