... LastLast

Glyph of Frostbolt

Is it usefull in PVE?
    Does it work with fingers of frost?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&n=Fukla

Re: Glyph of Frostbolt

5% extra damage is useful in PVE, yes.

Yes, Fingers of Frost still works.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I think the better question is why you would ever be frost in pve............... Dont even say the water elemental gives the raid mana because we all know that, and it isnt worth the dps loss for you to pewpew frost bolts

Quote Originally Posted by Emiex
    I think the better question is why you would ever be frost in pve............... Dont even say the water elemental gives the raid mana because we all know that, and it isnt worth the dps loss for you to pewpew frost bolts
    i'm arcane right now (getting ready for 3.0.8) and a guild mate is frost (he didn't like ffb) the two pair up really well. I get more mana (80% regen isn't enough) and the 10% crit bonus through chill. we both fm on each other and get up to 16% bonus crit. plus with the fix to TtW his dps on the ptr is not that far off(arround 300dps i think) from what he was doing in the ffb spec. i also do a ton more dps with him as frost than with him as ffb too...

You do know that Imp Scorch and Winters Chill are the same thing. +10% Crit once stacked. There is no reason why you are doing higher dmg with him as one spec vs the other assuming he has imp scorch, and if he didnt then hes brain dead. So back to my org comment bringing a frost mage to any 25 man raid is a waste of space.

Arcane next patch should be intresting we will have to see how it compares to TTW Fire / FFB specs. Odds are it still wont be better, but I will be arcane if it is.

Some ppl just enjoy killing things by freezing them, rather then melting them..Or in some cases..Both.

-_-

I have nothing against frost as a spec, if I was running 5 mans or pvpin ect Frost is a fun and useful spec in a group. In a 25 man there is no argument for bringing a frost mage. That's my point

You do know that Imp Scorch and Winters Chill are the same thing. +10% Crit once stacked. There is no reason why you are doing higher dmg with him as one spec vs the other assuming he has imp scorch, and if he didnt then hes brain dead.
    its not the 10% its the extra 6% crit from focus magic a ffb mage can't bring that to me...

Quote Originally Posted by potsos
    And since neither of you are FFB spec, you're both doing mediocre DPS and gimping your raid, regardless of the ~2 dps increase of FM.
    check out the link below after 3.0.8 ffb is not the end all be all of mage dps...

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...i/SampleOutput

woah cookie cutter specs already settled in.
    good to know things are back to the "IF YOU DUN SPEC DIZ JUU A BIYG NEWB" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    woah cookie cutter specs already settled in.
    good to know things are back to the "IF YOU DUN SPEC DIZ JUU A BIYG NEWB" argument.

i actually think it's the other way around now, there are options. the dps difference is only minor, you are no longer stuck having to ffb to raid. in fact mages are closer in dps between all specs than any other class. i'm totally in favor of this change...

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    i actually think it's the other way around now, there are options. the dps difference is only minor, you are no longer stuck having to ffb to raid. in fact mages are closer in dps between all specs than any other class. i'm totally in favor of this change...
    i think you missed the point of my post.

i guess i can't type sarcastic tones.

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    i think you missed the point of my post.

i guess i can't type sarcastic tones.

no i got ya agreeing with you...

I have nothing against frost as a spec, if I was running 5 mans or pvpin ect Frost is a fun and useful spec in a group. In a 25 man there is no argument for bringing a frost mage. That's my point
    The 25 people are playing a game to have fun, the frost mage enjoys his spec, and no one has a stick up their back side. Isn't that a valid argument? Its not like WoW is so hard you must play one way only in order to succeed.

15+ Year Old Account

I tried 53/0/18 and for that spec Glyph of Frostbolt is amazing.
    Statix will suffice.

With my 18/0/53 build, I do almost same DPS (2300) as FFB(2600)..
    And I do less probably because my gear has excess crit than sp on it.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&n=Fukla

If I was doing 2300-2600 dps in any spec I would never get a raid spot, wtf are u doing wanding?

Do you get paid to insult people? Or is that a privilege you get once you have 33 exalted factions?
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    check out the link below after 3.0.8 ffb is not the end all be all of mage dps...

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...i/SampleOutput
    It is about 300 dps higher average in that chart if you look down at the breakdowns of damage.

Realistically, 300 dps per person in a raid adds up to a lot. It's like bringing an extra high dps player to your raid.

If you don't care about min/maxing go ahead, but really I find that I enjoy instances more if we can just beat the hell outta them vs barely beating the enrage timer on every boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    Do you get paid to insult people? Or is that a privilege you get once you have 33 exalted factions?
    33 is nothing, I need 40, but that will take some time. There is no insulting going on its just common sense advice that should not even need to be said.