Glyph Suggestion

[Glyph of Abolish Disease]
    Minor Glyph

Your Abolish Disease spell also cures 1 poison effect on the target.

I posted this on the Priest forum and I was wondering what you guys thought. Blizz is stating all along that they don't want to make you take certain classes so we need to be given either a poison remove or a curse remove seeing as how other classes have been given this.

Deleted

Re: Glyph Suggestion

Would be very nice to have this glyph, but i'd consider making it a major glyph though.

15+ Year Old Account

Would be awesomesouce. Not only for PVP but also for stuff like the second boss in Utgarde Pinnacle.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

No way in hell that would be a minor glyph, minor glyphs are cosmetic changes etc, it could work as an major glyph tho.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoran
    No way in hell that would be a minor glyph, minor glyphs are cosmetic changes etc, it could work as an major glyph tho.
    It could take 3 major glyphs to get that, I'd still glyph it. Poison dispell is REALLY needed for us.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

itd have to be major, but yeah, sometimes i think they theme healers vs rogues/hunter mana drain assuming we can all dispel poisons, and leave us clothie-priests the most vulnerable, yet again.

i'd take this glyph in a heartbeat
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Removing both would be a bit imba. Maybe if it removed either but not both at the same time, allowing you to cast until everything was cleaned.

well i guess if they ever do something like that
    its going to be for "Cure Disease"

if they would do it for abolish disease
    its going to be 2 spells in one
    abolish disease + abolish poison (druid spell)
    for a buff.. to strong (20secs)
    as single click single/double cure.. that would be ok

15+ Year Old Account

Would 100% be a pvp glyph - also on the cosmetic part of glyphs; not having reagents needed for a spell isn't something I count as purely "cosmetic".

Also on another note you can count on them making similar versions for druids if it ever happened.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

It seems somewhat likely that Divine Spirit will become baseline when the trees are overhauled. If that happens there could be a spot for a new talented poison removal spell (hopefully not as a 21-pointer). I'm hoping that if it happens it will get some twist and not just become another abolish or cleanse. Maybe a short buff that makes your healing spells on the target also remove a poison? An alternative is of course a glyph like the OP's suggestion here or a talent that adds poison removal to some other spell. Perhaps that would be less work to implement.

It all depends of course on if Blizzard judges that priests have a strong enough need for a poison removal spell. I think that we all think that it would be a nice thing to have, both for pvp (viper sting has always been bad and was only tolerable because hunters were relatively uncommon in arena, and the same goes for mind-numbing which was tolerable because it wasn't used), and for 5-mans where poisons can be tough to heal through. (I dunno if that's a good argument really though, shamans and druids can't dispel magical dots in instances.) Is the need strong enough?

15+ Year Old Account

No offense but a talented poison removal isn't something I would waste a 21 pointer on - ever. Simply because other classes got it. The glyph idea is much more viable since you get more of a choice in the matter - talents just stand there and stare at you "why didn't you pick me..." (yes I got issues - we all do).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Fair enough, but I'd much rather use one of my 71 talent points than one of my three glyph slots.

Blizzard typically is resistant to giving every class a solution to a mechanic. While it saddens me, I just don't see priests getting the ability to dispell poison in the near future.

What they really should do is tune Abolish Disease to be on par with Abolish Poison. Make it remove 1 disease effect every 2 seconds, for 8 seconds. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Skcali
    Blizzard typically is resistant to giving every class a solution to a mechanic. While it saddens me, I just don't see priests getting the ability to dispell poison in the near future.
    How can you be sad about that?

DIVERSITY! /facepalm

Why not remove all classes, make 1 superclass with every single ability that can do all jobs at the same time, let it have every talents at the same time, and the only difference being gear.

Then we could go bash eachother in the face with sticks.

STOP ASKING FOR IT.