Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Icy Prism (new JC-transmute recipe)

Hey guys, im new here, i just wanted to share my scr-shots from the PTR about the Icy Prism JC-design, since i haven't been able to see it anywhere on MMO-champion myself.

Here goes:

Re: Icy Prism (new JC-transmute recipe)

ok, im a tard, found the mmo-source just as i had posted this *hnngh*

15+ Year Old Account

tnx for the effort anyway

not evey1 might have seen it

Yeah was posted before.

Extra results never hurt, thanks.

Woot 100th post.

8)

i made it to the front page

thx bou

-Sinj

Anymore results? I would like to see if its always around2 gems, or if it can get higher/lower.

But then I geuss I'll find out tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Yuziku
    Anymore results? I would like to see if its always around2 gems, or if it can get higher/lower.

But then I geuss I'll find out tomorrow
    you can get up to 3 rare gems AND 1 dragon's eye. that's max tho, afaik.

Nice, what's the cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Miedo
    Nice, what's the cooldown?
    20 hours

Anyone think the blue gem market will plummet?

Between Icy Prism and the 10 badge exchange, that's alot of gems suddenly flooding the market.

15+ Year Old Account

jup. price of gems will fall to 20g each. the common gems(green quality) will rise because JC's will need those to craft the blues.

i expect them to be 10g each at least

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    jup. price of gems will fall to 20g each. the common gems(green quality) will rise because JC's will need those to craft the blues.

i expect them to be 10g each at least
    Sorry, but I don't see this happening. When Brilliant Glass came out in BC, gem prices were barely affected. Frozen orbs should go up in price, making this much less profitable than it seems right now. Not only that, I can assure you most JCers won't be bothering with the CD, due to them either being lazy, or not willing to shell out the gold for the orb and gems.

If you look at how much ore is being prospected a day, the amount of gems being added from this CD really isn't a big deal.

being a jc myself i can see the prices going down. yeah when the Brilliant Glass came out the gem biz wasnt really btoehred with but the ores were also stable at 25-30 g per stack (varies by server economy). Now ive been server hoping and i've seen ores go from 15-25g per stack. Cobalt being more expensive.

But also remember the people that were actually farming raid contents in tb (bt/hyjal) were hit hard when sunwell came out since every1 can get the patterns and obtain epic gems w/o having to go to those chosen few to get gems. I saw prices dip from 300-400 for the red gems to 150 with in the opening of the vendor.

Prices will be changed. But how much will be the question.

There will never be more Frozen Orbs than Saronite Ore, Ore will still be by far & away the primary mechanism to generate gems. Not to mention the 1 day CD on this.

This is really just a way for JCs to do something with the worthless green gems other than vendor them...since the going AH rate is actually below vendor price on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sararr
    Sorry, but I don't see this happening. When Brilliant Glass came out in BC, gem prices were barely affected. Frozen orbs should go up in price, making this much less profitable than it seems right now. Not only that, I can assure you most JCers won't be bothering with the CD, due to them either being lazy, or not willing to shell out the gold for the orb and gems.

If you look at how much ore is being prospected a day, the amount of gems being added from this CD really isn't a big deal.
    Brilliant glass didn't effect BC because it had a CD.

This has no CD, so people with tons of extra Orbs (I have like 20) will be able to mass produce this.

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    Brilliant glass didn't effect BC because it had a CD.

This has no CD, so people with tons of extra Orbs (I have like 20) will be able to mass produce this.
    didn't someone just say this thing has a 20hr CD?

I find it funny how they only chose to use 3 of the uncommon gems instead of all 6 like the brilliant glass. Pretty stupid if u ask me

easy math :

on my server frozen orb = 120/200 gold

9 gems (green qualitie) = 10/30 gold

the blue gems are currently at 20/30 po for stamina 15/20 for spirit
    green one arn't really expensive
    purple arn't that expensive ( understand more than 60 po)

so if u don't get red / yellow / orange u're loosing money

sooo with all the craft things frozen orb are gonna be more expensive but i don't think i would do this ........
    i was expected something like 4 gems !!

seems like several i don't have the same meaning for several as blizzard ^^

EDIT: btw i don't have that much frozen orb but i've a TON of green gems (try to sell them but try to sell 550 green gems :'( )

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski

This has no CD
    20 hour cooldown, try again.

As a JCer I'm sure I'll make gold selling the CD and not doing the xmute for myself.

Gem market is flooded already. I love how uncut gems sell for far more than cut ones.