Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blackout to be removed?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We will almost certainly be phasing out the single target random stuns (such as the Starfire stun of Celestial Focus and Blackout) as well. (Source)
    DAMN YOU, VIDEO GAME GODS!
    WHY DO YOU CURSE ME SO!?

Re: Blackout to be removed?

Hopefully they will throw a real stun that we can control in their as a replacement. I would be happy for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor
    Hopefully they will throw a real stun that we can control in their as a replacement. I would be happy for that..
    Really doubt that ... but possible ofc. I think the last thing SP's needed was this kinda nerf .
    But ofc priests have fear so they still have cc

They obviously meant they would make it less random. Which is a good thing.

15+ Year Old Account

He also said they will take a while to fade out stuns like Blackout because they have to compensate the classes for the loss of random proc stuns. So I would really be looking forward to a controlled stun on, let's say a 20 seconds cooldown.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I sure hope you are right and we will get something good in compensation :/
    Because if not, this is truly starting to get comical. Tragicomical to be honest.

I'm wondering why he didn't mention mage's impact, since they buffed it recently with wotlk.

i do like the way they're trying to go...

Eliminate as much RNG out of the game as possible..

@poster above : im sure they will remove that as well they just didnt post it(would be a too long list to post all wouldnt be?)

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    He also said they will take a while to fade out stuns like Blackout because they have to compensate the classes for the loss of random proc stuns. So I would really be looking forward to a controlled stun on, let's say a 20 seconds cooldown.
    did warriors get a controlled stun then they removed the old mace specialization? No! so don´t get your hopes up, because i´m very certain that there will be no stun for you

Quote Originally Posted by Teramos
    did warriors get a controlled stun then they removed the old mace specialization? No! so don´t get your hopes up, because i´m very certain that there will be no stun for you
    good point but the reason behind is different.. Macestun was too op ( especially with mace herald and WW, think about Bladestorm..and a Mace..) and here, I guess its all about RNG...

but may be im wrong :/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Teramos
    They did get 15% (or 30%? dunno) armor penetration though. Blackout is a 5 point talent for 10% stun chance. They have to give us something good to make up for it. No matter if it's a stun or something else that is good.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yeah removing impact should be on the list too.. but mage don't need impact as much as sp need those blackout procs (and actually with KS going on DR I'm considering droping impact for my rogue/mage team)
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

This is a good thing. I mean in general, removing RNG stuns.

Even if the compensation turns out to be crap, think positive!

You already suck hard in PvP.

ATM shadow PvP is a total disaster.

Nothing they do will make it worse!!

Except removing Blackout and giving nothing in return

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Except removing Blackout and giving nothing in return
    We got DR on Silence, don't say we didn't get anything in return!

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    We got DR on Silence, don't say we didn't get anything in return!
    ha ha nothing like trading cut off arm for two cut off legs
    I am too old to argue with trolls on the internet, but dammit I can't help myself some days

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Moonkin didnt get any compensation for the removal of a 15% stunchance on a 3 min cooldown ability that was 3+1 talentpoint. If priests get compensation we truly know that blizz hates moonkins in pvp. But now we can go deep resto and get NS instead I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    We will almost certainly be phasing out the single target random stuns (such as the Starfire stun of Celestial Focus and Blackout) as well. (Source)
    DAMN YOU, VIDEO GAME GODS!
    WHY DO YOU CURSE ME SO!?
    Okay hai, so my name is Boxxy... (Source)

On a more serious note, I guess they are going further for their goal of getting it more skill based rather than luck based. Hopefully we'll see a good addition to priests pvp survivability instead of this skill.

And just to clarify it, removing low percentage proc-abilities for those that need timing and skill is acually quite a good idea. However that does not mean that the situation in pvp is currently balanced ^^
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

if we got a controlled stun / drool, or maybe some dot protection would be nice

impact and blackout are different

blackout can proc with the shadow damage of the dot, and it's in the first tier of talent

mage just don't have REAL dot spells (ignite proc, LB, fireball, frostfire or pyro dot...)

BUT they have molten armor... probably they will remove impact with blackout...
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave