Thread: "Insane DPS"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "Insane DPS"

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalFuryFire
    I believe most of this silly dps is on aoe packs with unholy blight etc. our DK is very well geared and does about 4k on patch but others still top them
    Then he doesn't know how to play. 4k on Patch for a 'well geared' DK is not great, for 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nookey

wws's are not right, come back when they can count or ghouls/aotd properly :< sure its not that efficient on thaddius but still, wws's are not the way to watch dps :<
    Thaddius DPS doesn't matter.

Deleted

Thanks for all the responses. My "problem" was solved quite fast, am back to normal tanking . But still i bothers me a bit, what damage output should be, if a person can put out 6k damage per second.

Sorry but i didn't understand one reply, about FotM. Isn't FotM a term of PvP? Flavor of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Ongkar
    I don't realy understand why people keep asking things like "why can this or that class do so much dps". These things are almost all based on gimmick fights. And 7000dps on Thaddius aint all that much. Even my warrior did an average of 9 to 10k dps on that fight, 1 try with 11.2k, and that was without a Blood DK for Hysteria, no Ret Pala in the raid, old TBC flasks etc etc.

It's just how some of the class mechanics work. Warriors for example get great benefit from there Deep Wounds (I often see numbers of 40k passing by in my scrolling combat text). Only thing that I feel is weird is that, maybe because of people going "zomg haxx overpowered!! nerf" due to such fights, Blizzard is gimping perfectly normal an not OP talents, or adjusting things that aren't needed.
    Its 7k dps on Patchwerk,and it has been done with 0/32/39.Thats why Killing Machine is getting a homerun swing with the nerfbat.

Imo 7k Dps aint anything a Dps warrior at our server had about 9k DPs on thadius

my 2cents,

Patchwerk last night Naxx25.

Guild DW 32/29 DK, 7.0k dps,
    me 2h 17/0/54, 5.9k dps.

big numbers are possible with any spec, but atm, DW is OP....hence the inc nerfs.
    Expect blood, unholy and DW all to be around 6k dps after patch with good gear.

btw, DW is by far the hardest spec/rotation to play...so dont expect to jsut spec that way and get 6k+
    .....our DW DK spent 3 days in front of target dummies in Ebon Hold practicing rotation. 3 days!!! U wanna be good, u gotta put the work in!

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

..stop quoting thaddius figures ffs....dont mean shit as your gettin about x2 damage! we have top3 dps in guild over 10k on that fight in 25man....so wot?

lol
    8 weeks ban for repeated violation of the signature guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Néfl
    Imo 7k Dps aint anything a Dps warrior at our server had about 9k DPs on thadius
    Imo 9k Dps aint anything a Dps warrior at our server had about 10k DPs in the battle for undercity!

Quote Originally Posted by Deimós

btw, DW is by far the hardest spec/rotation to play...so dont expect to jsut spec that way and get 6k+
    .....our DW DK spent 3 days in front of target dummies in Ebon Hold practicing rotation. 3 days!!! U wanna be good, u gotta put the work in!
    DW isn't hard to play lol...nor is the rotation hard to learn...furthermore the rotation for DW is a rough guideline at best.

The "rotation" is the hardest thing to do...not because it's hard to press buttons in a specific order...but because if you get dodged/parried or miss with a PS or BS your whole "rotation" is screwed...let alone getting knocked back...out of range...stun'd (abom's before Patch for example).

If your DK spent 3 days swinging at a target dummy I feel sorry for him. The only important thing about DW atm is to crit as much and as fast as possible...keep Frost Fever on the mob...and use HB every time it's up. Keeping desecration and death runes flowing helps alot...but you cannot count on them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    Imo 9k Dps aint anything a Dps warrior at our server had about 10k DPs in the battle for undercity!
    hahaha nice one

Ehh no how wrong can you be. There is not a single dk spec that is hard to play. I agree that dw can be abit difrent then the normal but if anybody spend 3 days trying to get a perfect rotation then they got some problems.

I used about 4-5 min to get it perfect and that was it. If anybody have problems playing any dk spec then try playing a afliction lock or to some degree a mut rogue.

If you spec dw you use 4 spells +cds you dont even have to use more then 1-2 keybindings thats it.

All the spells got about the same gcd so you dont need to sometimes be faster, what more do you want??

To sum it up either that friend (btw 10 bucks on that its you) of your realy had that many problems then he either got less then 24 fps or he just got some problems playing a very simple class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    Imo 10k Dps aint anything I had about 14k DPs in naxx multi trash pulls.

I would take issue with saying that DK is a "simple" class, at least relative to a lot of other classes in WoW. I will be the first to admit though that it's not as complicated as it seemed when I first rolled one.

I pulled 4737 DPS on patchwerk this week, I'm still trying to get use to the huge amount of RP Scourge Strike generates with 4 pieces of T7.
    I have only tried DW for a few min on Ebon Hold dummy and I did lower DPS then with my 2h build so the rotation for DW was not for me and I had the Icy Touch Glyph also so might not have been the best combo.

Our warrior on patchwerk did 5.3k and he "won" the dps on that fight.
    I'm exited to see how we fair in 3.0.8 with cheaper UB, better Necrosis and better Ghoul glyph.

It has to do with the length of fights. Consider the same Death Knight in two different raids: One kills Patchwerk in 4 minutes, the other in 2.

Over the course of the 4 minute fight:

Army of the Dead: 16.6% uptime
    Bloodlust: 16.6% uptime
    Gargoyle: 25% uptime

Over the course of the 2 minute fight, we double those figures:

Army of the Dead: 33.3% uptime
    Bloodlust: 33.3% uptime
    Gargoyle: 50% uptime

The exact same DK, doing the exact same damage will have a far higher recorded DPS in the second fight, simply because burst cooldowns will account for a much higher percentage of his damage.

That said, 32/39 is wildly overpowered even if you discount cooldown stacking.

i like how all these ppl replay saying 'DW isnt hard' , 'man u r a nub for learning the roatation for 3 days' etc, yet its our DW DK thats gettin over 7k dps on Naxx fights and most ppl on here are struggling to get over 5k...

Go figure...

Dude yur dk is a complete moron then. DW has one of the easiest rotations there is.
    Whats hard about PS-IT-HB-BS-BS-RP follow by PS-IT-HB-IT-IT-IT-RP
    Jesus, if he thinks thats hard delete yur DK now.

i like how all these ppl replay saying 'DW isnt hard' , 'man u r a nub for learning the roatation for 3 days' etc, yet its our DW DK thats gettin over 7k dps on Naxx fights and most ppl on here are struggling to get over 5k...

Go figure...
    Show us pics for proof pls. And trash/thaddius dont count

k