Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Trade 10 x Heroism for 1 x Valor?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexryn

If t7.5 legs would cost 750 badges... and you run heroics decently fast and get 5 badges per hour... it would take you 150 playing hours of heroics to get ONE piece of t7.5.

That hardly invalidates the efforts and benefits of harder core raiding schedules. Hell, you can get several pieces of t7.5, and other gear at that level, in "just" 5 hours per day in 3-5 days per week!
    It's going to be closer to 8-10 badges per hour doing heroics, since many heroics are clearable in 30m by a geared group. Plus two for the daily. OS, Vault, and Malygos are clearable in under 30m as well, and Naxx10 is being blown through these days.

I don't "refuse" to buy the pvp set I can, but why would I buy it? most of us raiders don't have time for pvp, at least on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert
    It's going to be closer to 8-10 badges per hour doing heroics, since many heroics are clearable in 30m by a geared group. Plus two for the daily. OS, Vault, and Malygos are clearable in under 30m as well, and Naxx10 is being blown through these days.
    Yeah I know. But groups that are that experienced and geared probably have access to 10-man and 25-man content already.

Either way... make it 10 badges per hour.

That's still 75 hours of heroics for one piece of t7.5. That doesn't seem so horrendously unreasonable. And that assumes you skip all the other EoH gear, which would probably still be an upgrade if you didn't have access to 25-man content.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Vexryn

Quote Originally Posted by Ewendor
    most of us raiders don't have time for pvp, at least on my server
    Made-up statistics are so new and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by venidar

Sooo you figure because you have no life and can raid for ridiculous amounts of hours/days you should be honored with the best gear? /lol You're playing the wrong MMO if you have that mentality.

WoW is a casual MMO get over it. If you want to be "hardcore" go play FFXI.
    I always find this type of post quite amusing. I'm sorry but who are you to make such accusations? To claim that someone has no life because they spend hours playing the same game? It only makes sense to reward those that put more time into something such as an objective. Many of the people who play WoW are college students. When you live at the dorms what else you going to do when you're done with your assignments? It's amusing to have people like you call hardcore players elitists because you have a so called life. Though who's being the asshole and looking down on others? Yourself.

More and more people will be spending time at home. Either in games like WoW or some other activity. With how the economy is going, thousands continuing to lose their jobs and people wanting to save money in case of potential financial trouble. It only makes sense that people will be spending hours on the game. Unless having a life is of course going out all the time, spending money, getting into credit card debt. Thus becoming a typical statistic like millions of others in the US.

I hear teen pregnancy is the cool thing to do these days.

To buy the 5 piece pvp set you would get 3 parts in VoA and 2 parts from badges anyway - or y'know you could do actual arena for the last 2 parts *gasp*.

For 25 man Nax - you can clear that in a matter of hours. Sartharion is the same if you aren't ambitious about drakes, the only real challenge is Malygos. Is this a big deal? No. This is T4 equivilent content Blizz stated months ago was supposed to be easier than Kara, so most people aren't stuck for months on introductory content. Also Naxx its been said has been pugged and gosh even ran by a few back in the day, so its familiar and not a "new" instance.

Trade heroism for valor? For the reasons stated I don't really see the point of this. All istances are easily pugged. Why do casual players want 25 man tier loot? The same as why every player wants it - why have someone tell you you want lemonade when you can have champayne.

Gems can be bought with the 10 man badges from the next patch - seeing as I have a regular supply of them that doesn't really interest me. Frozen orbs can be brought from them now which is useful to make gold off by making epic spellthreads/ leg patches. Thats pretty much a better use for 10 man badges as I see it - 750 badges isn't worth it if you can pug or whatever a few 25 man bosses a week.

And yes - I am in an established guild, I have all my 25 man tier loot and gear, yes I am a "hardcore" raider. But for gods sake suck it up with the QQ about casuals getting gear when the game is casual and accessable at this point of content. Its a boring argument that just states you are better because you play over 100 hours a week. Yes it is fairly straight forward to get the best gear ingame right now - who cares? Don't feel that the game has screwed you over by letting other people have the same priviledges you do. Because thats just sad and a sign people take the game far too seriously.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by venidar

Sooo you figure because you have no life and can raid for ridiculous amounts of hours/days you should be honored with the best gear? /lol You're playing the wrong MMO if you have that mentality.

WoW is a casual MMO get over it. If you want to be "hardcore" go play FFXI.
    WoW is trying to be an everything MMO, and cator to everyone. Hardcore Raiders (25man), Cashual Raiders (10man), Cashual PvP (BGs) and Hardcore PvP (Arenas).

Why do people do people put down and classify raiders as the people with "no life" because they play a video game for entertainment? I mean is it really that hard to raid 6-10 hours a week, does it make you a loser to play 2-3 nights in a row in a raid? Nothing in this game takes a "ridiculous amount of hours/days" so to try and put people down because they raid and actually decent players and think there should be a separation in gear between the different levels of content just shows how ignorant and jealous you are. It is the mentality of players like that that think "I pay my 12$ a month i should have access to everything the best PvE/Arena gear" the fact is you do have access to it you just have to put in the same effort as everyone else. Its not suppose to be easy or free the level of gear is suppose to reflect the level of dedication and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Depress
    Sole reason Emblems of Valor exist is because Blizzard realised it's mistake to award top gear from heroic farming.
    I personally don't do 25mans so I hope there will be new Emblem of Heroism content but Heroism -> Valor would be just stupid even if it'd be 10:1.. Badges build up quickly and in about 6-10 months we'd have casuals running around in t7 & t8..
    This is absolutely correct. There should be a separation in 10/25 loot and BG/Arena loot. It really is a small gap between 10/25 loot. Currently the biggest disparity is in PvP between BG/Arena loot but people seem to be ignoring that.

You can get 10 man "raiding gear" from 5 man groups and you want to convert that to 25man loot? That seems kind of greedy to me. In many respects I find the 25man raids far easier then the 10man raids they seem better tuned.

In my opinion the 10-1 conversion would just be making it harder on the casual player forcing them to run heroics every day for weeks on end just to get the same gear they could get in a few hours of raiding a week the same or lesser amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

OK stop the QQ blizz said they are making achievement give out better gear. So casuals can get good gear and run Ulduar or w/e while hardcore raiders can get the achievements, mounts and superior gear. ;D
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

where was that posted?
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Assuming you get 10 emblems of heroism in an hour (high estimate), and you would be able to trade 10 emblems of heroism for one emblem of valor, to buy one ilvl 213 epic would take 25-75 hours of work. That's an average of 50 hours for an epic.

Tell me, oh great VIP raiders, have you spent 50 hours running Naxxramas or the like, before your first epic dropped? I highly doubt it. You can go, and choose to go, to the 25-man experience, and quite likely get your first item within the first 10-15 hours of doing an instance. With luck a lot faster, and with some more luck more than one.

You can already buy ilvl 213 boots, bracers with gold.

You can already luck out on 25-man Archavon to get your set ilvl 213 chest, legs, gloves.

Would it seriously be that big of a deal to let people buy the ilvl 213 items with an effort five, ten times bigger than what raiders put in?

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    the other way around.

You can now exchange 1 Emblem of Valor (25 Man) for 1 Emblem of Heroism (10 Man) from the Emblems of Valor Quartermaster. Obviously, it doesn't work the other way.

page 3 on mmo-champ
    Sometimes you just have to sit back and wonder if Blizzard spends a lot of time thinking up pointless crap like this. I can go get 5 heroism in 20-30 minutes or I can spend all night in a raid getting 5 valor and somehow they are considered equal by Blizzard. That is hilarious.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

The real question that should be on everyone's mind is whether Ulduar 10 and 25 will each have their own new type of token, because there's always the possibility that they'll keep using the 10 and 25 man tokens, or, I think more likely, that Ulduar10 will use the current 25-man (valor) tokens while Ulduar25 uses a new sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexryn

If t7.5 legs would cost 750 badges... and you run heroics decently fast and get 5 badges per hour... it would take you 150 playing hours of heroics to get ONE piece of t7.5.
    5 emblems an hour is NOT decently fast. 10-15 emblems an hour is. Most of the dungeons that have 4-5 badges can be cleared in 20-30 minutes.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I'd definitely vote no.

valors are easy to get.

All you people saying emblems of valor are easy to get seem to be forgetting not all people want to do 25-man instances. Sure, now you can say "well if you don't want to do them, you don't deserve the gear", but then again, shouldn't WoW, just like life, have a few different options on how to proceed?

What will 5-man and 10-man players do when the next patch with Ulduar comes, and the only upgrades given, and the only new content, is 25-man? Quit the game?

Guess what. If WoW had only the 25-man raiders left, 12 million would soon shrink to 1-2 million. If that.

In Vanilla, us non-raiders were given T0.5, so that we too would have something to do, and have some progression.

In TBC, we were given badges, and that worked fine.

But then again, it's all back to the VIP raider elitism isn't it. Even though you'd be ready to put in 100x the time and effort to get something by doing solo, 5-man, and nowadays 10-man content, the VIP raiders always seem to push you down, saying you don't deserve anything.

All I have to say is, good thing capitalism listens to the majority. We're (non-raiders) not quite forgotten yet.

Quote Originally Posted by K21Nova
    What will 5-man and 10-man players do when the next patch with Ulduar comes, and the only upgrades given, and the only new content, is 25-man? Quit the game?
    Uhm, no? They will raid Ulduar 10 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Holywood
    Uhm, no? They will raid Ulduar 10 man?
    Well... Ok. Point taken.

Still, no 5-man progression for those who don't have the time to run a full 10-man. Guess they're just stuck with what they have, without having a goal toward which to build their character.

That's something I wish blizzard would do, release lots of new harder 5 man instances along with each new raidzone. So you could use new badges for that and the casuals keep having new places to go. But I guess the blizzard development team has too low funds for that!!1

Quote Originally Posted by K21Nova
    Well... Ok. Point taken.

Still, no 5-man progression for those who don't have the time to run a full 10-man. Guess they're just stuck with what they have, without having a goal toward which to build their character.
    If they already have maxed out all 5 man, well casual is not quite the adjective. They have a path => 10 man and 25 man. Or go the the sandbox. While releasing new 5 man is something that Blizzard might (and should) do, don't expect the same ratio as in WotLK launch, far from it.

No, 5 man instances, no matter how heroic they are, should not provide the full PVE tier upgrades that a 25 man progression would. That said, I don't have anything against that conversion - remember that only a part of the tier are available through badges, so if you har a "HC player", sure, go for the full set. Otherwise you can reach a partial T7/8 gear, but not all.

Balanced, I'd say.

pvers are cry babies