I hear they Nerfing FFb spec come next patch?

i have heard that they nerfing the crit on ffb spec, as an example you either get the 100% crit from frost or the 50% crit from fire they dont stack i hear is this true or just bs?

Re: I hear they Nerfing FFb spec come next patch?

ofc it's bs

what would be the point in using FFB then or specing elementalist?

they are not nerfing ffb. the other specs are getting boosted because the buff to torment the weak...

LB crits effect Hotstreak, therefore FFB is also getting buffed.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

And don't forget that the Fire tree is getting 30% mana regen in combat, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

the only nerf to FFB specc is that they are "fixing" the double-dipping from Elemental Precision, no more 6% hit for FFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Snownova
    the only nerf to FFB specc is that they are "fixing" the double-dipping from Elemental Precision, no more 6% hit for FFB.
    I don't really consider this a "nerf" since I believe it wasn't the initial intention of blizzard, but I may be wrong on this. However, the xtra 3% ghost hit effected only FFB itself, this excluded scorch, LB, Pyroblast, basically any of the other fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyguy
    I don't really consider this a "nerf" since I believe it wasn't the initial intention of blizzard, but I may be wrong on this. However, the xtra 3% ghost hit effected only FFB itself, this excluded scorch, LB, Pyroblast, basically any of the other fire spells.
    Yeah, I agree. It was pretty boring getting to FFB-hitcap, and then still missing on other spells, because the effect of hit wasn't that good anymore.

And could people please stop making up rumors and posting them here? If you wonder something, please back it up with something more than "I heard", "A guildmate said" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mats
    And could people please stop making up rumors and posting them here? If you wonder something, please back it up with something more than "I heard", "A guildmate said" etc.
    No shit, that would eliminate 90% of the bullshit flooding these forums.

There was a Blue post that stated there was some concern within the development team that Mages were becoming the "runaway" DPS class. It went on to state that they did not intend to react in some knee-jerk fashion, but would allow the current state to play out more, and perhaps see how it works out in the coming Ulduar raid instance... inferring that the "easy mode" of Naxx might lend itself to the mage's putting out as much damage, and that with more complex content will see a reduction... I assume due to more movement, mana burn, maybe even some mob-resistance...

Still with the FFB spec, they have created yet another "must spec" for mage raiding... and that was definitely the opposite of their intent. Mages will see changes here and there... some buffs, some nerfs... just like always. It wouldn;t suprise me to see more changes in the line of "balancing" the DPS output of the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyguy
    I don't think it's a nerf either, but people sometimes use that term very loosely now to refer to something that makes them weaker. Which technically fixing a bug can in fact make you weaker.

I'm assuming that what happened with Elemental Precision is that when FFB hit an enemy, it looked at your % chance to hit, then looked at talents. Elemental Precision was never included in your % chance to hit listed, because it only affected Frost and Fire spells. The thing is, Frostfire Bolt is considered Frost and Fire (as it takes on talents from both trees as long as they specify the spell or use the general "Frost/Fire spells"), which means that Elemental Precisions +3% Frost and +3% Fire ( which I assume was done in two checks... i.e. if (spell.type == "frost") target.miss -= 3; if (spell.type == "fire") target.miss -= 3 would apply to Frostfire Bolt individually.

Now, there was a bug on the PTR for awhile where the elementalist build was broken as Fingers of Frost and Frostbite wouldn't proc off Frostfire Bolt. I was told by a friend that it started working again in the latest PTR build, so it should be alright.