Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPriest Chest

Hey

Tonight I got the honour of getting [item=44002] when we (again) did Twilight Zone. But it was as offspec, since I currently can't utilize it due to hit cap.

My current chest is [item=40234] and from the perspective of using needing hit, [item=40526] would be the best upgrade.

Now looking around, I start to wonder. Would a good gear setup ever be able to utilize [item=44002] due to the massive amount of hit on certain pieces?

The healers don't want it either, so I'm not sure if it's a good piece of loot at all?

Anyone got some input about they would ever use it if they had all the loot in the world?

(Oh yeah... I keep it because it's pretty, combined with these pieces)

Re: SPriest Chest

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16992

I couldn't find a way to fit it in and still be hitcapped, therefore I chose to keep my Gown.

I'm very much aware of how you apply scalar weights to wowhead, to create a item ranking. I even made a topic about it.

The question was in retards to the strange way of clunking ALOT hits on very few pieces, instead of a little on many pieces.

i got them last week because nobody wanted them, so i changed t7.25 chest and sapphiron trinket with these robes and the hit trinket of nax25.

the only item is worth to have with a lot of hit are [item=40560] but my advice is to get the best hit capped gear to get into ulduar because all the items with ilvl 200-213 will be replaced

I got this chest on my guilds second kill, no1 else wanted aswell (other spriest had it)...

I havent had much trouble with hit rating just having to keep the hit trinket from h VH and a couple hit gems.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Ohmateylol

I've struggled with this myself... i've created about 10 different sets to see how it would look getting hit from different places...

What i've concluded is you're best to go with hit items that are as similar to the best in slot piece with no hit... using www.shadowpriest.com you will find that the following items have a very close base dps value to the best in slot item and yeild decent amounts of hit.

Dying Curse
    Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster
    Valorous Mantle of Faith
    Wyrmrest Necklace of Power
    Boots of Impetuous Ideals
    Surplus Limb
    Gemmed Wand of the Nerubians

I think the best way to go about it is to utilise all or as many of these items and combine them with the best in slot items for what you have left over... which includes the Sanctum's Flowing Vestments.

At this stage I have the following penciled in as the best way to go, but i'm always changing my mind so its possible i'll have a different opinion in the future.

Hood of Rationality
    Valorous Mantle of Faith
    Pennant Cloak
    The Sanctums Flowing Vestments
    Unsullied Cuffs
    Valorous Handwraps of Faith
    Leash of Heedless Magic
    Boots of Impetuous Ideals
    Signet of Manifested Pain
    Lost Jewel
    Torch of Holy Fire
    Accursed Spine
    Gemmed Wand of the Nerubians

This should put you only 4 hit rating above the cap, give 2260 SP (with full stack of Illustration) 360 crit rating and 606 haste... the only thing I dont like about this setup is I think it stacks too much haste for the expense of crit... particularly considering I have to put up with Aussie ping and I feel that crit is probably worth more than the simcraft weights tell me.

I may look to reduce my haste by 100 in order to pick up 100 crit rating from somewhere.

gown of the spellweaver is one of the best pieces for getting hit, since its one of the few pieces with hit and crit on it and it just becomes awsome in comparison with sanctums flowing vestments if you take hit into account

I'm hating optimizing my stats with the current available gear. As you said, there are a lot of items with huge amounts of hit which is a pain in the ass because I also recently picked up the chest you mentioned, but it's sitting in my bags because I can not replace [item=40234] due to hit. My hit rating mainly comes from [item=40234], the Malygos 10 man quest item, [item=40459] and [item=40255] and the badge belt. Now the problem is, I have got a better chest piece and possibly a better neck ([item=40374]), but i can't use either of them because the items I use in their slots are around 80 hit rating, which I can't get anywhere without sacrificing other stats. So really, there are upgrades out there which I can not use because they are the same slot is my hit items, and there aren't really any decent items with hit in other slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Battêry
    I'm hating optimizing my stats with the current available gear. As you said, there are a lot of items with huge amounts of hit which is a pain in the ass because I also recently picked up the chest you mentioned, but it's sitting in my bags because I can not replace [item=40234] due to hit. My hit rating mainly comes from [item=40234], the Malygos 10 man quest item, [item=40459] and [item=40255] and the badge belt. Now the problem is, I have got a better chest piece and possibly a better neck ([item=40374]), but i can't use either of them because the items I use in their slots are around 80 hit rating, which I can't get anywhere without sacrificing other stats. So really, there are upgrades out there which I can not use because they are the same slot is my hit items, and there aren't really any decent items with hit in other slots.
    get malygos 25man neck then, it is almost as good as cosmic lights, even if you dont count the massive amount of hit on it

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    get malygos 25man neck then, it is almost as good as cosmic lights, even if you dont count the massive amount of hit on it
    Been trying to but I haven't rolled high on it yet, and with like 15 people still rolling on it (we don't let initiates/casuals roll on it :P) it might take a while.

[item=44002]
    I'm using this chest, mainly just becouse I had to upgrade T6 chest with something. Sitting with 1959 spelldamage, 16.38% critical and 481 haste, not that bad combination with good MS that I usually have (50-80). Hit is capped. Not sure should I change it when something with crit drops out. We'll see. Too lazy to calculate the best item combination. ^^

I could get 2100+ spelldamage, by sacrificing ALOT of haste and crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Battêry
    Been trying to but I haven't rolled high on it yet, and with like 15 people still rolling on it (we don't let initiates/casuals roll on it :P) it might take a while.
    ^__ this

But, i believe we've enough time until Ulduar comes :>

Lostprophet of the Nightfall !

Gown of the Spellweaver is another decent place to get hit, you sacrafice about 27 PP from the best in slot item to gain 72 hit rating... I think I might do up a gear list for the most effecient hit items in comparison to the best in slot item.

Side note: the hit rating itemalization is SO CRAPY atm... I have 3 chest items and no idea what to wear, as shadow priest ofc...

1. Valorous Raiments of Faith had me hit caped, but they are crap, so I got:

2. Gown of the Spell-Weaver is so cool! I resocketed one hit gem for a spell power gem and woot! But today I got:

3. The Sanctum's Flowing Vestments from Sarth... only problem is, I can't put them on since the gown gives 72hit rating... #%$^

So the best dps robe for shadow priests is socketed for... healing... to be used in my healing offspec gear... woot... makes me sad...
    Lol, I made this offtopic in a trinkiet topic, ale woot next day a topic about the very same thing, funny things happen

Yes it is crapy. Probably if I get the pants from Malygos, and hit rating belt from Thadius... and then pass on the Torch of Holly Fire since I won't have enough dkp... and it never drops anyway...

Been looking at this issue in a different light... the best items to pick up hit with the least impact to the best in slot PP are as follows...

Wyrmrest Necklace of Power 1.72 33 19.18604651
    Dying Curse 12.35 71 5.748987854
    Surplus Limb 10.56 32 3.03030303
    Gemmed Wand of the Nerubians 6.33 18 2.843601896
    Gown of the Spell-Weaver 26.35 72 2.732447818
    Heigan's Putrid Vestments 19.23 49 2.548101924
    Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster 32.89 82 2.493159015

The first number represents how much PP you lose by using this item in comparison to the best in slot item. The 2nd number is the amount of hit you pick up, and the 3rd assess how much hit rating you get for each point of PP lost.

Obviously there is no gain to go over 290 hit rating, meaning the most cost effecient hit pieces to use (keeping in mind you will get 12 hit from the icewalker enchant) are:

Dying Curse
    Gemmed Wand o fthe Nerubians
    Gown of the Spell-Weaver

With the icewalker enchant you will be at 288 hit, you dont have to socket any hit gems (unless you're anal about 2 hit rating) and by choosing the other best in slot items which have 0 hit I believe that results in the best possible PP setup.

This should give you 2264 Spellpower, 470 crit rating, 475 haste rating... these values are close to the simcraft assumptions meaning the stats should mirror very closely to the weights they've been given... looks to me that this might be the best gear setup possible.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...un&n=J%C3%B4yu

i just need 33 hit from the gem and the cap, and maybe replace the offhand, but i there arent too many choices in feet hands and offhand

the problem about items with alot of Hit on it, is that that items are very hard to replace once ulduar comes out. So i advise to get other hit items too and dont throw them away :>

For Instance: Gown of the Spell-Weaver 72 hit , ive u had the chance to get a chest from ulduar boss #1 with maybe 135SP and 70Crit and 1 socket... u cant wear it due of lacking of hit then... unless u got other replacements.

I don't think any of us is throwing away gear, but there's 10 other casters in the raid who'll need the gear as well, hence the problem with huge clunks of hit, rather than overall more spread.

Look into the gear Mages get, and you'll easily see what I mean.

But nice to get some input on it.

In regards to stats, I got (without Inner Fire):

2130 spellpower
    293 hit
    537 crit rating (18.07%)
    248 haste rating (7.56%)

in my current raid gear, which uses Heigan's robes. I plan to optimize this with Tier 7 shoulders next week, allowing me to shift some gems.

Jewelcrafting and enchanting 77 extra spellpower from my professions.

Keep your hit gear... but the other thing people are forgetting is that hit is barely better than SP, so being hit capped isn't what it used to be... being slightly under the hit cap for a big upgrade in SP in particular can actually increase your dps.

In any case, i'll keep any items with hit on them for diversity with new content is released... but i also tend to use my DKP in a strategic way to loot items that keep me above the hit cap so I dont see there being a massive problem with items that hold large amounts of hit.

May I ask what weapon u will be using after the patch?
    Since the BS crafted one will be dropped to 457 the daggers with hit from naxx might be a good choice?
    The Soulblade
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39424

Haunting Call
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40408

//Lehto