Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valorous Gloves of Faith bugged ?

Ever since i got these a few days ago I've been wondering if they are underbudgeted / bugged.

With every single piece of Valorous T7 Gear for every class / spec, every single stat on the item is increased over the 10 man T7 version.

But for the Valorous Gloves of Faith the spirit goes down by 8 !

Comparison of T7 and T7.5 gloves:

+9 stamina
    +7 intellect
    -8 spirit (this is the major point making these gloves almost a downgrade ! )
    +6 crit rating
    +10 spellpower

Since spirit is the main stat for a Holypriest this is like giving the Warrior T7.5 Gloves less strength than the T7 version.

Also for a stat comparison here is the difference between T7 and T7.5 Shoulders just so you can see the normal difference:

+6 stamina
    +6 intellect
    +6 spirit
    +6 crit rating
    +10 spellpower

So you would gain 3 Stamina and 1 Intellect more on the gloves but lose 14 Spirit !
    Clearly this is some kind of mistake.

Could anyone with access to the American Forums post this bug please, since i only have access to the .eu Forums which dont really seem to be getting any real developer attention.

Re: Valorous Gloves of Faith bugged ?

at least almost a downgrade for holypriests, discipline is just fine with that ;P

(but you're right, it looks a little bit strange, at least it seems to be the only item in the sets where something goes down)

you know...
    there are discipline priests too!
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I have nothing against discipline priests. I raid as discipline from time to time as well..

But even for Disc Priests 10 more spirit on these would be nice.

So this problem actually affects both holy and disc.

Thats not true... Disc value MP/5 over spirit as it gives more regen point for point than spirit... a lack of spirit is simply not noticed in disc.

You also forget that teir sets are not designed to be superior to non teir loots... the idea is to provide different loots for players to make gear choices on and the fact these have 8 less spirit is a good reason to make a gear choice for a non teir item.

Could be a bug, you can try posting on the blizz forums for more info. The shadow t7.5 gloves are a clear upgrade from heroes.

Btw Disc priests do like spirit, shut up with the bs "no spirit plz" stuff. Most Disc priests will probably take mp5 over spirit, but that does not make spirit a bad stat, and can be better in many ways.

yeah i guess noone is really getting my point.

just look at the numbers. not taking into account any preference for any stat !

for 13 more Itemlvls (upgrading from t7 to t7.5) if you compare the shoulder upgrade to the gloves upgrade

it adds up to ( 3 Stamina + 1 Intellect ) = 14 Spirit !

Cause you gain only 3 sta + 1 int but lose 14 Spirit !

I dont understand why i have to "fight" you on that matter. It's ALL priests that are losing out because of
    what probably is a typo on Blizzard's side. The 41 Spirit on the gloves probably was meant to be 51 Spirit.
    Then the equation would be 3 Sta + 1 Int = 4 Spirit which makes total sense !

The way it is now we are losing 10 Stat Points because they are just missing. Disc or Holy. Same for both !

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Could be a bug, you can try posting on the blizz forums for more info. The shadow t7.5 gloves are a clear upgrade from heroes.

Btw Disc priests do like spirit, shut up with the bs "no spirit plz" stuff. Most Disc priests will probably take mp5 over spirit, but that does not make spirit a bad stat, and can be better in many ways.
    No it doesnt but its less effecient than MP/5 because the disc tree doesnt increase the value of spirit in any way. So you're right, spirit isn't bad, but its not so brilliant the losing 8 spirit makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    No it doesnt but its less effecient than MP/5 because the disc tree doesnt increase the value of spirit in any way. So you're right, spirit isn't bad, but its not so brilliant the losing 8 spirit makes any difference.

Maybe you shouldn't post for the sake of posting, you don't contribute anything useful to the thread. The topic is about the gloves being probably underbudgeted which has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad spirit is as a Disc Priest.

Compared to the Druid's gloves the T7.10 gloves don't seem to be underbudgeted, the T7.25 gloves however look vastly underbudgeted.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Maybe you shouldn't post for the sake of posting, you don't contribute anything useful to the thread. The topic is about the gloves being probably underbudgeted which has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad spirit is as a Disc Priest.
    Same goes for you.

The glove upgrade does seem strange indeed.

How about you post this on the wow-forum too and see if you're getting any good responses?

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshment
    Same goes for you.

The glove upgrade does seem strange indeed.

How about you post this on the wow-forum too and see if you're getting any good responses?
    I was actually editing in some comparisons while you replied and unlike the poster I replied to, I didn't post some off-topic nonsense.

Why not post this on the blizz forums, maybe they'd look into it?

Chances are good this is just one of those "not quite optimal" pieces they put into sets. However, not all is well:

+9 stamina
    +7 intellect
    +6 crit rating
    +10 spellpower

= 6 +7 -8 +6 +8.5 or so budget, ignoring stat spread discount. So, 19.5 budget gained. Shoulders as you list gain 32.5 budget. (Ignoring the discount because the two items have the same spread and similar magnitude on each)

Given that gloves and shoulder are equivalent budget-wise, this would seem to be a problem. Hence, post it on the blizz forums, hope someone will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Why not post this on the blizz forums, maybe they'd look into it?

Chances are good this is just one of those "not quite optimal" pieces they put into sets. However, not all is well:

+9 stamina
    +7 intellect
    +6 crit rating
    +10 spellpower

= 6 +7 -8 +6 +8.5 or so budget, ignoring stat spread discount. So, 19.5 budget gained. Shoulders as you list gain 32.5 budget. (Ignoring the discount because the two items have the same spread and similar magnitude on each)

Given that gloves and shoulder are equivalent budget-wise, this would seem to be a problem. Hence, post it on the blizz forums, hope someone will look into it.
    I'd rater compare druid gloves with priest gloves, they clearly show the Priest gloves being inferior. When you compare different item level items Blizzard probably says that your gut feeling is wrong or something.

Since i only have a .eu account I cannot post on the .us Blizzard Forums.

That is why i posted here, so that maybe someone with a .us account who
    fully understands the underbudgetting problem could post about it
    in the .us forums.

The Comparison between Priest Shoulders and Gloves should suffice to make it
    clear to Blizzard that probably a Typo happened and 51 Spirit should be
    the correct value instead of 41.

15+ Year Old Account

If you don't like the gloves, just don't use them - there are better gloves out there anyway, and the bonus isn't even "that" great anyway. Besides just because it got less spirit doesn't mean its a downgrade, since it adds more to all other stats.

On another note spirit is in no way useless for a disc priest. I would personally stay off mp5 and get int + spirit for regen as disc since due to shields I would easily be able to not have to cast for a while (and shields adding to regen for that matter as well).
    Moving on with that int is almost a better stat for priests atm if it wasn't for talents like Spiritual guidance, since higher mana pool means you get more from all your mana regen abilities (they give back a % of max mana remember), and int = added crit and again int + spirit = regen.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    If you don't like the gloves, just don't use them - there are better gloves out there anyway, and the bonus isn't even "that" great anyway. Besides just because it got less spirit doesn't mean its a downgrade, since it adds more to all other stats.

On another note spirit is in no way useless for a disc priest. I would personally stay off mp5 and get int + spirit for regen as disc since due to shields I would easily be able to not have to cast for a while (and shields adding to regen for that matter as well).
    Moving on with that int is almost a better stat for priests atm if it wasn't for talents like Spiritual guidance, since higher mana pool means you get more from all your mana regen abilities (they give back a % of max mana remember), and int = added crit and again int + spirit = regen.
    abusing 00FSR as disc?

are u high?
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Except that once you get out of your normal 5 man instances, into real instances (see: 25's) someone would smack you upside the head for saying this. A shield, awesome as it is, and nearly always 100% efficient, will not be enough to buy you 5SR to get regen. That's what Rapture's for. You don't stop casting. With what you get from Spirit, you're better off aiming for spellpower or Int, to increase the gains from Rapture, or Crit to do the same indirectly (through Divine Aegis).

And with the coefficient drop from 70 to 80 for spirit regen, unless you can drop FSR on a regular basis (see: Improved Holy Concentration, Surge of Light, Inner Focus), mp5 is better on an item level point-per-point basis, and that's only if after this next patch that the fixed rapture isn't giving you enough mana. You should be almost self-sustaining without spirit or mp5.

Mentioning Spiritual Guidance? I thought you were talking about Disc here? Umm, okay. Anyways, the break-even point, where Spirit was "worth it" in TBC was somewhere like 400 or 420. Now? If I recall correctly, it's something like 1100 (or 1300, I'm tired and can't remember, leave me alone).

Int gives back "Spirit" regen. At a better rate than even spirit does. That's not just for Disc, that's for pretty much everyone, not even counting mana-tide, replenishment, shadowfiend, or anything else heading in that direction.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by irdaq
    abusing 00FSR as disc?

are u high?
    Sounds like it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Thats not true... Disc value MP/5 over spirit as it gives more regen point for point than spirit... a lack of spirit is simply not noticed in disc.

You also forget that teir sets are not designed to be superior to non teir loots... the idea is to provide different loots for players to make gear choices on and the fact these have 8 less spirit is a good reason to make a gear choice for a non teir item.
    Doesn't take away tier 7 and 7.5 are designed to have an increase in stats over the whole line, and not gain x additional points on all stats, while giving up stats for 1 stat(in this case spirit)

15+ Year Old Account

"real instances" is it now I'm supposed to bow down to you kelesti. First of all check my armory (Mandible, Frostmane EU) and see if I'm in "real instances" and then cut the high and mighty attitude allready. Secondly yes your able to do it as disc if you can't its not my fault (no, I'm not currently disc spec but only due to certain encounters make coh "better").
    Reg. the spiritual guidance note - you did notice the "MOVING ON" part or are you doing this selective reading I hear is common among certain people (no, I don't care if you were tired when you read it).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.