Disc Priest addon

Does anyone know of an addon that will track the amount of damage absorbed by PW:S and Divine Aegis?

Re: Disc Priest addon

And how is this helpful to you?...When somebody ask you how much +SP do you have you answer: "1500+...but wait to see my damage reduction...3000+ ^_^"

My guess is that he wants to justify his raidspot by showing his GM that although he might not do very much healing his shields really do absorb a lot of damage.

Deleted

I think he's searching for something similar to recount that also says how much damage is absorbed over the course of a fight.

I'm sorry cant help you on that one, dont even think there is one.

Yet you can run normal recount, use the glyph of powerword:shield, and then you can see in recount how much glyph of powerword:shield healed, and multiply it by five and you have shieldabsorption.

About divine aegis, i'm not sure, I read somewhere to half the amount of crit you have and take that off of effective healing. so lets say you have 20% crit, that would be 10% of your effective healing absorbed by divine aegis. (this is just an assumption I read somewhere).

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I think he means to see how much damage the shield can take before it breaks in realtime, to know when to refresh it for mana efficiency probably in pvp.

To the OP: I do remember some addons that *estimated* by parsing you combat log, but that was a long time ago. Like pre-BC, so no clue sry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dethday
    I think he means to see how much damage the shield can take before it breaks in realtime, to know when to refresh it for mana efficiency probably in pvp.
    Again, he could just get the glyph, see how much it heals, and multiply it by five.

Shieldmonitor (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ldmonitor.html) is what you are looking for
    www.purityguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxcz
    Shieldmonitor (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ldmonitor.html) is what you are looking for
    Thanks much!

Dr. Damage
    Shows how much a Shield would absorb or how much you will heal

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-DrDamage.html

Quote Originally Posted by Broshious
    Thanks much!
    I heared about some addition to recount to add the dmg absorbed by your shield. I don't have it though. Healing meters don't say anythinging. Any GM judging you, should know the class and spec to really judge your skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumdumdumdum
    I heared about some addition to recount to add the dmg absorbed by your shield.
    It doesn't work. It just adds a set number of "healing" every time you cast pw:s or get a divine aegis proc. So if the shield isn't fully absorbed its very inaccurate. It will show you "healing" more than you actually have done...

As far as I know, there are no shield trackers. I'm not the best in programming, so I failed to implement it myself in Recount, but what should happen is that it tracks who shields the player and how much that shield absorbs. But it's almost impossible with other absorb effects since there is a priority list on it.

Maybe we should kindly ask Blizzard to add 1 network-packet from the server after a shield breaks with information like: who had the shield, how much did it absorb, who shielded (, why did it break). But I doubt it'll get implemented since it doesn't really add anything to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    It doesn't work. It just adds a set number of "healing" every time you cast pw:s or get a divine aegis proc. So if the shield isn't fully absorbed its very inaccurate. It will show you "healing" more than you actually have done...
    "It doesn't work" is entirely false. It's not 100% accurate but it's a damn fine guideline. If you know you shot off a bunch of shields that didn't get absorbed, which happens (not as much as people think unless you're going spam crazy), you can adjust the numbers accordingly. If I feel like I had a crap load of shields that didn't get used then I'll subtract like 50-100k. There are fights out there that pretty much 90%+ of your shields will get used even if you do spam like nuts too.

Sometimes, if I subtract ALL of my PW:S from my healing I'm still really close to the top 3 healers, so that just means I'm still up there because there's no way all of them didn't get used and I'm still probably first.

It's not end all be all of Discipline measurement, but it's definitely a tool that helps you see a pretty close ballpark to where you really are as opposed to without it.

What I would love to see is a way to measure how much damage Renewed Hope mitigated over the course of a boss fight for the whole raid. It has to add up to almost another 20-100k, the range being heavily dependent on the fight at hand of course.

7k shields are awesome

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    What I would love to see is a way to measure how much damage Renewed Hope mitigated over the course of a boss fight for the whole raid. It has to add up to almost another 20-100k, the range being heavily dependent on the fight at hand of course.
    That one is actually really easy. Just look at total damage taken and divide it with 97 before multiplying it with 100.
    I think it's normal to use 10% of your healing done for absorbs from Divine Aegis and about 50% of your max shield absorbs from PW:Shield (where max shield absorb = 2797 + (spell power * 1.512)). So you'll do same "healing" as all other classes when you take total healing over an entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    "It doesn't work" is entirely false. It's not 100% accurate but it's a damn fine guideline... It's not end all be all of Discipline measurement, but it's definitely a tool that helps you see a pretty close ballpark to where you really are as opposed to without it.
    The mod is used to track the amount of damage absorbed by your shields. It doesn't do that at all. The numbers you are getting are guesses. Just for fun while in combat and not taking damage cast a ton of shields on everyone and watch your numbers fly, hence my statement of it doesn't work. Since no one took damage, shields are still up but your healing numbers are sky high. Don't forget the name of the addon is "RecountGuessedAbsorbs".

In fact it is over inflating more than guessing to try to bring the numbers of disc to be closer to the other healing classes. The addon is really only for guilds that think a disc priest is not doing their job and needs numbers to get into raids. Which seems what Elsia (the creator of recount) is saying about this addon on his/her posts on wowace. Disc healers really need to get over worrying about healing meters. Honestly, recount is the most abused addon in the game right now. It seems like no one knows how to use it an only see total numbers not whats really going on.

Also addon numbers for Divine Aegis are actually divine aegis + pw:s The numbers from pw:s are from the glyph.

15+ Year Old Account

Since Patch 3.0, the combat log has shown exact figures for damage absorbed by shields such as 'Power Word: Shield'.
    If that is true, why can't Recount show damage arbsorbed?

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    If that is true, why can't Recount show damage arbsorbed?
    It can't track it because there are multiple sources of absorbs. Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis, Sacred Shield, the Hammer Proc, the list goes on.

It shows how much was absorbed, not what did the actual absorbing or who, for that matter.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~