Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ulduar.... a blessing for... ?

wtb all fights there like obsidian sanctum, that u can moderate difficulty of fights, so casuals /spit, can play for fun without taking it from hardcores.

turkeyspit

I want more Kael/Vashj/Archimonde; Fights you have to actually learn and coordinate, and if someone in the raid screws up, a wipe is very possible.

Pretty much every boss fight currently only requires that you play your class and don't stand in the fire to win. If people die, no biggie, just keep muscling on through.

Blizz said somewhere that they didnt want to design their encounters to next to impossible, but they will add different achievements to make the encounters hard. Malygos for instance, is very easy if ppl know how to play and you have a good tank, but to kill him in 5 min, now that is hard.

Malygos in 5 mins requires raid setup sadly. I don't like minmaxing raids cause it require you to pass on good players because "3 Shadow priests is too much" for example.

I have an idea that can remove gear check/raid check but will be raid goodness check.
    This fight should combine some boss' abilities like
    1) say "void zone", "void reaver ball on the ground", "fire wall" etc. Something you can avoid but you should watch for it to avoid it and react on it properly.
    2) say "thaddius buff stacking". Something that will just stack buff on whole raid if they all are alive.

So it'll make fights like:
    You need good players, doesn't matter what class. They need to know how to play their class to survive and not to die, they need to not to be healbots/dpsbots, they have to watch @ screen. Blizzard blueposted already couple of times that they want healers to see fight itself instead of raid frames. So 1 shot avoidable spells or heavy hitting spells can deal with it. Healers will have to look @ screen watching on incoming damage (slow moving fireball that will hit someone for 51% and then in 2 sec for 51% more, so if healer actually look @ screen he can precast on that fireball and save another player)

im hoping for ssc/tk difficulties before any nerfs were applied to anything (as in kara +1)

but i guess its gonna something a little harder than naxx so most likely bt post patch...

Bit harder but not much more difficult then the current content we have available.
    I do believe that the raid achievements will be quit hard and very challenging.

Blizzard want everyone to experience the instance and fights.

I just hope it's a rather big step up in difficulty, or at least one boss which is insanely hard, like Kael. He might have been hard at the time but it was by far the most exciting, and challenging (pre-Sunwell) encounter in Burning Crusade, and your raid learned a lot from it, like how to work well as a team, communication etc - something which no bosses before Kael really required (besides Vashj) and really helped you progress through Tier 6 content.

So I would really like to see something of his difficulty in it, for the fun and so there's at least 1 encounter that challengers your raid and getting it down will be like killing Kael or Vashj for the first time, something thats been hard and you've earned the rewards. And having something hard as the final boss wouldn't hurt as I doubt Blizz will have an attunment on the next raid after it.

Have the 10 man version easy for casuals, but at least give people who like a challenge something thats challenging!

but i hope u all know that there will be nothing like Sunwell prenerf again... :/

btw full t7.25 is no proff for hardcore raiders
    sunwell x/6 prenerf is an indicator
    here should be my signature... FAIL!

It will be a slight upgrade from Naxx most likely. They will put the hard parts focused on the achievements to be unlocked in Ulduar. Can't you see they added achievements to give you hardcore people something to do while the more casuals can still clear the place but not get the fancy achievements and stuff. Also Naxx was around before and people new the fights and strategy so that made Naxx much more easy. I look for Ulduar 10 man to be cleared by casuals in a two weeks at the latest and 25man in around 2months after they have some gear from 10 man.

But like everyone else I can only guess what will happen and we have to wait and see. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eu.zulu.shinthar
    then it will be cleared 1 or 2 days after release ~.~
    2 days at any non-broken difficulty would be an achievement on Blizzard's behalf. I would greatly love to see Blizzard tune the encounters to be mind numbingly difficult to the point where you have to work on strategies for days, but we all know that more than likely isn't going to happen.

We live in a world where Blizzard allows us to test all the content pre-release. Unless they say "Hey fuck you guys this is going straight to live." and never allow us to see the content beforehand, it will still be instantly cleared by the super hardcore guilds. Hopefully Blizzard can maintain their casual friendly attitude, but institute an improving difficulty system to satisfy the hardcore.

turkeyspit

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    2 days at any non-broken difficulty would be an achievement on Blizzard's behalf. I would greatly love to see Blizzard tune the encounters to be mind numbingly difficult to the point where you have to work on strategies for days, but we all know that more than likely isn't going to happen.

We live in a world where Blizzard allows us to test all the content pre-release. Unless they say "Hey fuck you guys this is going straight to live." and never allow us to see the content beforehand, it will still be instantly cleared by the super hardcore guilds. Hopefully Blizzard can maintain their casual friendly attitude, but institute an improving difficulty system to satisfy the hardcore.
    There is a differenc between 'knowing a strat' and 'executing a strat'.

Pretty much everyone reading this post read the strats for Kael, Vashj and Archimonde; I doubt many (if anyone) here were part of the world first kills of any of those bosses, either live or on the PTR.

That said, once you know what to do..you need to do it!

You need to kite the Striders, while not letting the Naga eat the OT. You need to kill the Elementals before they hit the boss, all the while cleansing poisons, healing random chain lightnings, and tossing tainted cores.

Compare that with something like Malygos.

Step 1: Use your token DK to stack the sparks. DPS stand on them + pew pew
    Step 2: Hop from purple bubble to purple bubble while killing people on floating discs.
    Step 3: Healers go, 3,3,3,3,3,4. DPS go, 1,1,2,1,1,2,1,1,2. Both hit 5 when necessary. Both strafe when necessary.
    Step 4: Profit

Don't get me wrong, you still have to not suck at WoW to down Malygos, but it takes nowhere near the coordination to clear EoE the way it did to clear SSC, TK or Hyjal.

Vashj was the final(ish) boss in the 2nd tier of raiding. Malygos is the final boss in the 1st tier of raiding. He should be easier. A better comparison would be to Magtheridon, though that's a bit awkward as most people would agree Maggy was overtuned early in tbc and then laughably easy later on. Maybe comparing Maly and Gruul works better, I'd say they are pretty similar in terms of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkath
    Vashj was the final boss in the 2nd tier of raiding. Malygos is the final boss in the 1st tier of raiding. He should be easier. A better comparison would be to Magtheridon, though that's a bit awkward as most people would agree Maggy was overtuned early in tbc and then laughably easy later on. Maybe comparing Maly and Gruul works better, I'd say they are pretty similar in terms of complexity.
    HKM/Grull/Magtheridon were harder than Maly when only in Kara/T4 gear.

Just the pull for HKM was probably more complicated than all of Maly's fight. Not to mention you have to control 5? bosses at once.
    Gruul's shatter actually required communication/coordination to live through.

The amount of coordination/communication required for those fights compared to Maly is astounding. Maly could easily be executed without vent and more than likely without raid chat, after maybe setting up who is taking the discs first.

On the other hand, HKM/Gruul/Mag all required great communication/coordination for the raid to succeed.

All the encounters don't have to be DPS races or gear checks, I think most of the people asking for harder content at least want encounters that require half a brain cell to execute.

And that is what I hope for in Ulduar, at least make the end boss or two hard, so that bad players can still skip happily through most of the instance but cannot clear it without learning to play.

Disclaimer: Bad players =/= casuals

A casual player is merely someone that does not have a lot of time to play, this does not mean they are inherently less skilled than some one who plays more. I think if Blizzard were catering towards casuals, and not bad players, they would simply make the entire raids as a whole shorter, not ridiculously easy.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eu.zulu.shinthar
    then it will be cleared 1 or 2 days after release ~.~
    The difference being that not all bosses wont be on the PTR , and they wont be remakes of some vanilla instance where everyone knows the strat.

I'd say bit longer than 1-2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillihan
    I think if Blizzard were catering towards casuals, and not bad players, they would simply make the entire raids as a whole shorter, not ridiculously easy.
    This would solve many problems. "Hardcore" raiders in general would be happy. Good raiders who have a life could still see the content.

i hope ulduar has an attunement requirement that includes running HoL and HoS at least 25 times on heroic mode... ie last boss in each dungeon drops 1 item per reset. and each member of the raid needs that 1 item to enter the dungeon.....

ZOMG ITS HARDCORED!!!!!!!!
    It's just a game.

Unfortunately, when they say it will be harder than Naxx, all I can think is "ulduar isn't a remake and we won't allow ppl to see it on PTR".

So, it would be just a huge place with a chain of Naxx-25/Malygos/Sarth/etc... level encounters that players would only see on live and waste some time playing without online strats/vids/etc. from beta.

100% sure that if Ulduar goes to PTR, it's GG for another content on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    Unfortunately, when they say it will be harder than Naxx, all I can think is "ulduar isn't a remake and we won't allow ppl to see it on PTR".

So, it would be just a huge place with a chain of Naxx-25/Malygos/Sarth/etc... level encounters that players would only see on live and waste some time playing without online strats/vids/etc. from beta.

100% sure that if Ulduar goes to PTR, it's GG for another content on live.
    Haven't played much in the past, have you? Every new raid that comes out goes on the PTR first. And when it does, sure some guilds beat it, but the majority still have a hard time on live. You saying what it "would" be is basically you just being negative just because you WANT to be negative.
    I can haz blog?
    Blasting Zone

it most likely won't head to the ptr.

it will be fun trying new content before there's a bosskillers and all.

15+ Year Old Account

I think there is a middle road where they can still cater to the casual player as well as make the content challenging. There's no reason why even a casual player wouldn't appreciate some challenge.