Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Ulduar.... a blessing for... ?

The blues brothers said that ulduar will be on PTR but under certain conditions. Guilds will have access to limited zones at a time and for limited time.

I guess they just want to give a hint but won't offer the opportunity for 18 hours trys to burn all up on the PTR and devaste the dungeon as soon as it lives.

Quote Originally Posted by joshfatal
    Haven't played much in the past, have you? Every new raid that comes out goes on the PTR first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saelind
    The blues brothers said that ulduar will be on PTR but under certain conditions. Guilds will have access to limited zones at a time and for limited time.

I guess they just want to give a hint but won't offer the opportunity for 18 hours trys to burn all up on the PTR and devaste the dungeon as soon as it lives.
    Didn't they do the same thing with SWP? allow limited access to bosses... did anybody even battle KJ on PTR?
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    2 days at any non-broken difficulty would be an achievement on Blizzard's behalf. I would greatly love to see Blizzard tune the encounters to be mind numbingly difficult to the point where you have to work on strategies for days, but we all know that more than likely isn't going to happen.

We live in a world where Blizzard allows us to test all the content pre-release. Unless they say "Hey fuck you guys this is going straight to live." and never allow us to see the content beforehand, it will still be instantly cleared by the super hardcore guilds. Hopefully Blizzard can maintain their casual friendly attitude, but institute an improving difficulty system to satisfy the hardcore.
    From what I've read recently, Blizzard is going to start NOT having entire raid instances available during PTR testing. They'll only have certain encounters available until they are satisfied with testing then lock them up tight. I think this will go a long way to not having entire instances roflstomped upon release.

Of course, the top world guilds will still probably do this. It's what they do.

Deleted

I refer to a bluepost, unfortunately I cant quote it cuz I dont wanna look for it ...but it was mentioned on mmochanpion.com.

Ulduar should be no problem for raids that can raid naxx properly/easy. In other words: slightly harder than naxx :> still hard enough for many guilds I suppose.

Gear is almost never an indicator of skill.

Quick reaction time and knowing what to do in every situation is an indicator of skill.

Gear is easily obtained and always will be. If you are one of those players that gets pissed off when they see a player with less experience than yourself in equal or better gear, well you should probably not take this game so seriously and identifying yourself through a video game is fairly unhealthy...

Really who the fuck cares if some random noob has good gear. (notice no question mark, meaning I don't want anyone to answer that lol) Blizzards goal, just like any other game developers is to create a game that the majority of the player base can enjoy. Wtf is the point of catering to a small handful? Everyone plays for different reasons (I personally play because I have fun even on the easy content)

The story in WoW is actually quite good and even if some of the encounters are easy, at least in my opinion they are still enjoyable are look really nice if nothing else.

Stop, take time and just enjoy the game for what it is. Stop complaining about things you have no control over. If you want changes done go apply for a job working for blizzard and see how fail you are at designing games. You are just a player in their world if it is not fun for you anymore find a different game.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

T3 was harder at 60 than T4 at 70, because BC was a new game and new players most likely wouldn't be doing old raids while they leveled. Same with T6 vs T7. If you've mastered T6 (or even t5), of course T7 seems easy. Because it's an entry level raid. I imagine the pattern will continue. T8 = T5 (slightly easier, i imagine. Maybe Zul'Aman pre-nerf?). I could be totally wrong, cause i don't spend my days researching blue posts.

I'm fairly certain that everyone complaining about how easy everything is, also reads the strategies. Following step by step instructions and having DBM tell you when to do things is a lot easier than figuring it out yourself. Yes, Naxx is easy. But many people have already seen it 40-man, played beta, or reads strategies, or all of the above. It would be great if Ulduar isn't going to be on PTR. Then you can make a new post after you clear it in one or 2 nights without wowwiki, wtbblue, tankspot, and/or DBM.
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-

Ghostcrawler has already stated that Uldar will have very resticted access on open PTR and will not be wide open as naxx was for testing.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Interesting, I missed that. It would be nice if they changed the timing/hp percentage that stuff happens in boss fights after they PTR it, so people don't think they're badass for being able to read a strategy online or have dbm telling them to move, stop dps, ect ect.

I know it'll come quick, but I'll applaud anyone that learns the instance in the first couple days w/o addons or strat guides. I'm not saying i'm badass, btw. I read most of the naxx fights before i went in for the first time too ;D
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-