Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We got owned by Kel'thuzad!

Wanted to share what happened to my guild last night, when they were doing the usual heroic naxx clear of the week..
    Everything went silky smooth untill they faced Kel.

As he was reaching his end, they hadnt lost anyone special and was safe for a kill, one of our priests got mind controlled when kel was at 1%, and the one in a million happened. The priest Guardian spirited him, they killed him and he regained full health.

Obviously seeing the adds spawned they got owned by them and whiped shortly after

I wasnt in the raid at the time so i cant authenticate it with a screenshot unfortunaly, just heard the extreme noise on ventrilo.

They killed him the next try however..
    Say what?

Re: We got owned by Kel'thuzad!

This means there was no good shaman/priest/mage that was ready to react on this and purge/dispel it

Though maybe that angel was for some milliseconds and you killed them right after, then it's not that raid fault.

Ability to react on angel will help you in Ulduar (if it'll be released when no tactics will be available).

we wiped on 16k hp last night - doh!

Quote Originally Posted by proga
    This means there was no good shaman/priest/mage that was ready to react on this and purge/dispel it

Though maybe that angel was for some milliseconds and you killed them right after, then it's not that raid fault.

Ability to react on angel will help you in Ulduar (if it'll be released when no tactics will be available).
    GA is not dispellable though. Or am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

MC'd priests can GS Kel ?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCommander
    GA is not dispellable though. Or am I wrong?
    GA is dispellable

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    we wiped on 16k hp last night - doh!
    the 3,120 hp wipe on Razuvious in our guild was a doh! moment too xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by loftus
    the 3,120 hp wipe on Razuvious in our guild was a doh! moment too xD
    That still doesn't beat a 168 HP Heigan wipe. Yes, really. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    The MC AI is getting scary smart lately. I remember not too long ago that if a druid got MCed in tree form he would branch melee.
    totally agree. On the MC for the second boss of Slab back in BC i remember all ranged would start meleeing each other if we all stood together (one time my warlock whacked on his imp for the entire time with his staff...and hit it once...) but now....

Did ZG with 3 friends the other day as a joke, we did the boss you fish up, then the Tiger/raptor bosses for a shot at the mounts (we have bad luck :"( tho) and then went and did hakaar for the achiev....

He MC's the MT. Our MT was a ret pally...first MC he ran over to me (the healer at the time) and nearly destroyed me with judgement/DS then after i dispelled all the crap on me....i got Repentenced....for FULL DURATION (IE one FULL MINUTE) i stayed that way for 15s until hakaar did an aoe poison dot and the dmg broke the repentence...but still AI is getting half decent spec wise. At one point I pulled aggro and got MC'd...I GS'd Hakaar and started Gheal spamming him and our pally had to HoJ me cause I was getting some heal crits...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    The MC AI is getting scary smart lately. I remember not too long ago that if a druid got MCed in tree form he would branch melee.
    I still remember Blackheart in SL MC'ing my prot pally. Popped Lay on Hands, drop a Consecration, Holy Light then started switching aura's. Needless to say I didn't have a single drop of mana when I came out of it to do a damn thing. The good old times. LOL. MC mechanics have always been very odd, melee priests ftw!

Can't really blame the raid for not dispelling GS, many may have never even seen it before nor knew what it did so how would they know to remove it. I always thought Blizz marked certain spells as not being able to be used when bosses MC people. If not an MC'ed pally may BoP a boss or DI him.

@azoth-

Bop and DI are group based so you couldn't use them. While MC'd the boss is a 'friendly target' so you can do things like Heal/GS them or even give them cheapo blessings/buffs but they are not part of your group, so you could not DI them or use any other spell which requires that the target be a "party or raid member" (GS is just a friendly target spell in case you don't feel like looking it up)

It's fun to find the random bank alts in org and give them wings and levitate and let them wonder WTF is happening

First attempt on Kel, yesterday ;p we got him to 2.8M HP and then he MC'D our OT which was tanking the adds
    I hexed him.. and then the adds ate me alive
    second attempt we got him down WEWT?

LOL o.o this must've been epic fail moment

Oh Kel.. what will your Hijinks bring next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

See, it's threads like this that make me want to do this encounter more, as it's small things like that going wrong that make them memorable, rather than just a flat out kill.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Or Hand of Sacrafice on KT by MC'ed ret pally, then watching him dying in 3secs from raid dmg on KT. Just priceless
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Deleted

Oh, that means that we will see Naxx in 3rd expansion...blizz now got a reason to retune it once again with explanation "some random BE hero ressed KT from its grave..." try it once ...

Did AQ40 for fun last week
    The first boss MCed the ret pally that just poped his wings
    I got raped without knowing wtf happened (15k Crit)
    I was the only healer ;D
    But we didnt wipe

I remember an incredible wipe on Prince in the early stage of TBC. He was on about 5% when the worst infernal ever spawned in the middle of everyone, but we decided to try to nuke him down before the rest of us died. On less 1% there was only a paladin and me left. He bubbled and Prince went on me, one shotted me, then he ran for the paladin again. Good thing I, Mr OhshitIjustmissclickedandsoulstonedmyself SS'd when he had 906 HP. Everyone went "YEAH WAY TO GO, YOU GO SHADOWBURN HIM RIGHT AWAY FURI! "

- Shadowburn got resisted.

I went: ................... :l

I died.

We wiped.

On 906 HP. But it was worth it :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Venatik
    That still doesn't beat a 168 HP Heigan wipe. Yes, really. ;D
    Dang, that beats my guilds 300hp concil wipe.