Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The Role DKs Were "Supposed" to Fill

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx
    Why didn't you tank? Ohh you want gear on your alt... So people who want to dps should respec so you can get gear... Cool.
    Not respec, main spec tank. Yes, I want to gear my alt as well, I don't need anything on my pally and I still go tank for guildies nearly everytime I'm asked. I haven't needed heroics for a month. In fact I'm nearly done with Glory of the Hero after getting Watch Him Die and Gotta Go last night.

DPS and questing is less difficult and only slightly slower as a tank spec, it really is.

Have most of you given it a shot?

I have a fury warrior and i dont have any tank gear and will never play him as prot purely because I SUCK at tanking as a warrior, however I love to tank as a DK and as a druid, so basically as people have already said its down to what people:
    A) enjoy playing
    B) are good at playing
    C) what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Lathios
    As well, with the aoe zerg in Heroic's frankly I'm tired of getting bitched at for losing agro when I get like .2 seconds of initial agro time.
    I was tanking a heroic VH last night with two DKs and they both kept dropping Death and Decay on the portal before the mobs showed up.

Also, Paladin threat is fucked up. Explain to me how I can do 1000 more DPS tanking Sartharion than a prot pally, but the pally is still out-TPSing me by 2k? That shit really gets under my skin. Not only do Paladins have more avoidance and better AoE tanking capabilites than a Druid, but they have roughly the same armor and twice as much threat generation. Yeah, Druids have more health, but if we get hit more often for the same amount, that turns us into nothing more than mana sponges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs
    Yet everything I've experienced with with dps DKs discounts this. Our WWS and those of other top guilds does as well. DK dps is mediocre at best.
    You mean the DW DPS DK spec is mediocre? The one they have to nerf? The one GC says is "insane?" I didn't realize that was mediocre.

I love tanking on my DK alt. I rolled one specifically for tanking heroics and 10 man naxx cause our tanks usually aren't around for non raid time. That being said you will never see me tanking outside of my guild for the same reason that you never saw tanks in pugs before DKs came out. It's not worth the hassle of dealing with shitty pugs that don't know what chain pull means and empty their mana bar every trash pull. If you want a reliable tank, find yourself a decent guild.

DK = shaman tank.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    Because most of them are DPS fucktards who want to be 1337 and see the big crits. "I don't like tanking" is a pitiful excuse. The fact is tanks are needed, and if you have a class that can tank you should fucking well do it. That way we won't have to waste half an hour in LFG looking for a tank.
    'i dont like tanking' is a valid excuse. people dont play this game to appease you or others. if things went your way, there'd be tons of bad tanks out there and then you'd be crying over how bad people are at tanking and that they shouldnt do it.

and btw, it's just a game. if you're tired of wasting time in it, quit. if you're sick of the way other people play and it effects how you play, quit. pretty simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

turkeyspit is right.

if people dont want ot do certain things then you can scream high and low al you want.

al that aside its a game. its ment to be enjoyable. if you dont enjoy it then dont play it.
    or if you dont enjoy playing it a certain way then perhaps another way is more to your liking.

theres already enough stricknes in the real world. people dont need that crap in a videogame thats meant to be enjoyable and not just an extention of everyday life.

Do me a favor. Go to LFG for whatever the daily heroic is on your server and give a count of DPS warriors, Ret pallies, DPS DKs and DPS feral druids, as well as the number of groups LF a tank.

Mug'thol, CoT double daily, 12:50 PM server time

4 dps DKs
    1 dps Feral
    2 Fury Warriors
    3 ret Paladins

4 Groups LF tank

Is this a problem on my server alone or is it pervasive?

was sooo tired from tanking in the end of bc. was close to delete/sell my tanking gear.
    havent tanked the last year

Deleted

I'm not allowed to tank since our tank claims to the tank gear. thus I can't gear properly for tanking and thus i refuse tanking though I'd like to tank. But as already mentioned, I lose quite much dps with a tanking spec :/

wat

Death Knights were not supposed to fill the role of " tanking saviour of the lfg" (more tanking classes=higher chance of finding a tank?).
    I love death knights. I love to do both their roles. But my main one is tanking. Why? That's simple - because I like it. This whole thing is the same with all classes.

P.S. Gimme dual spec now! :P
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    You tank then.
    When I get my paladin to 80 (actually no I think I will quit before then) ofc I will tank, and heal depending on the gear.

This bullshit that you pay for the game and can choose how to play, how fucking simple minded. This is the shit that turns battlegrounds into zergfests, makes PuGing any 5 man except the daily almost impossible.

WoW is based around playing as a group, and any tard who thinks because they pay a tiny amount each month they are allowed to ignore that should play Quake.

antifreeze

used to play ele shaman in BC and now i m healer just cause easy to get parties and so on so on (but gonna be ele in the end)

but damn i got war and i so much enjoyed prot, when boss hits u when u are the center of party and so on. But then i quit that server and now thinking of redoing war or dk for tanking think its more interesting then dpsing. So i ll leave dps to non serious ppl/kids

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    Because most of them are DPS fucktards who want to be 1337 and see the big crits. "I don't like tanking" is a pitiful excuse. The fact is tanks are needed, and if you have a class that can tank you should fucking well do it. That way we won't have to waste half an hour in LFG looking for a tank.
    Oh yes, 'cause we all need to cater to your needs at any given moment.

For the record, my Pala's prot, but noone will let me tank so I can improve my gear, and my DK is Blood because I love it, can do awesome DPS with it, and I feel like I won't like tanking as DK.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Because we have enough tanks right now to kill a horse for a 10 man group (working on recruiting for a 25 man group) and I pull Top DPS where the other tanks don't have the DPS gear to do it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Attilian

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Mormack

Quote Originally Posted by Vamonse
    Because, unlike you, I don't have an alt for farming/dps'ing. So I'm stuck with 1 char.

And unless you'll pay me to specc prot and back again, I can't and won't specc, because I need my char be able to farm/grind/kill with ease.
    you should buy WOTLK mate. tanks of all type can farm easily these days.

but as to the thread.
    1. dps is easy role
    2. tanking and healing both come under heavy focus and scrutiny lot of people simply cant handle the pressure
    3. Dual spec will make at best a fractional change, instead of blaming spec people will just blame gear , practice or whatever.
    4. DPS rewards with big flashy numbers , the simplistic playstyle apeals to the younger players and wow is well choc full of kids

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I have a tanking set, but I like the competitive side of DPS.

I do. I off-DPS too when needed :P