Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long will it take to clear Ulduar?

So after seeing how fast guilds progress these days and how long it took Ensidia to clear all conent after WOTLK release, how long do you al lthink it will take the top guilds to go through Ulduar? No I am not including possible achivements though, I am only talking about the straight forward fights without the achivement gimics added to them.

My idea is that it will probably be cleared in 2 weeks or less. After seeing how fast everybody went through content after WOTLK, and blizz saying that Ulduar will only be slightly more difficult than Naxxramas, it sounds to me like it will just a facerolling cake-walk. TY for your responses and thoughts :P
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

Re: How long will it take to clear Ulduar?

One day, not counting PTR raiding.

We don't even know how many encounters there will be or how difficult they are...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Why speculate on a raid we know nothing about? I'm sure there will be some top guild that clears it the first day. I'd imagine it'll take everyone else as long as it takes for deadly boss mods to update and for strategies to be posted on the web.
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    We don't even know how many encounters there will be or how difficult they are...
    "Nerf rock, Paper's fine." - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Bellemort
    So after seeing how fast guilds progress these days and how long it took Ensidia to clear all conent after WOTLK release, how long do you al lthink it will take the top guilds to go through Ulduar? No I am not including possible achivements though, I am only talking about the straight forward fights without the achivement gimics added to them.

My idea is that it will probably be cleared in 2 weeks or less. After seeing how fast everybody went through content after WOTLK, and blizz saying that Ulduar will only be slightly more difficult than Naxxramas, it sounds to me like it will just a facerolling cake-walk. TY for your responses and thoughts :P
    hmm

When it's done!

Why speculate on a raid we know nothing about? I'm sure there will be some top guild that clears it the first day. I'd imagine it'll take everyone else as long as it takes for deadly boss mods to update and for strategies to be posted on the web.
    If you want it to last longer try to do it without these.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    We may not know how many there will be but blizzard has already said it will be slightly harder than naxx

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fishydoom
    That's what I'm saying. 99% of the people that clear it aren't going to do with without reading ahead or having someone in the group that knows the instance. So it'll take most people as long as it takes for wowwiki or similiar to update.
    -=702 Gamer=-

Given the backlash over how quickly content was cleared, it wouldn't surprise me if a pacing mechanism was employed. I doubt it would be a return of the gates in sunwell, since those where so unpopular, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a resistance fight or some such mechanic that required you to stock up on drops (i.e. mother shaz in BT).

I also believe there was a blue post that said one of the bosses would only exist in "hard mode" (hard mode referencing the level of difficulty associated with optional achievements).

We may not know how many there will be but blizzard has already said it will be slightly harder than naxx
    Harder doesn't really tell us anything when the only thing we can even TRY to compare it too was played to death both in PTR and by the guilds that demolished it straight away at 60. Naxx is easy in raid terms...there isn't really a strong discussion against that, but you still can't discount raid familiarity when you look at how quickly it was cleared.

I don't anticipate it taking more than a couple weeks to full clear...but if not for cock blocks I don't anticipate much of anything taking more than a couple weeks on "ez mode". Hell, it didn't take much longer than that for BT to be cleared. I think you should probably be more worried about how quickly your guild will be clearing it though The first time ensidia or anyone else clearing something means shit to me in game...I will start caring about how quickly end game content is tackled by "someone".

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Completing certain achievments to unlock extra bosses would be an interesting way to approach it. The boss would be more complex and difficult, harder than what "casuals" could jump into. But only opened by a hard achievement that would be a skill check. If you can't do the achievement, you wouldn't be able to attempt the boss anyway. That way, casuals can still "clear" the raid, as far as storyline or whatever. But the elite, high end players still have something harder to work towards.

We're still very early in the life of Wrath, i'm confident we'll see a lot more interesting stuff in the future. I can't wait to hear details about Ulduar. Something new should have a lot more life than the old naxx we remember. I try to be excited by new content, rather than picking it apart before we know anything about it.
    -=702 Gamer=-

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    I think you should probably be more worried about how quickly your guild will be clearing it though The first time ensidia or anyone else clearing something means shit to me in game...I will start caring about how quickly end game content is tackled by "someone".
    Exactly. I'm concerned with my guild's progress. We have a lot of good players and a lot of "just ok" players. Progressing with the guild, whether it takes us a month to full clear or a day, is more important to me. No reason to rush through anything. It's gonna be a while before the raid after ulduar (Is it Icecrown? i dunno, i dont read up on stuff). Right now we're getting people geared up in 25 mans, i'll worry about Ulduar once we're on the first pull. Having fun and raiding with cool people is why i play, not to be first to clear anything or sit in there for 7 hours the first night trying to beat other people on our side.

Too much "look at what i did/looted/achieved!" in this game. I'll care about how quick it's cleared only if it's too quick for my skill level and my guild and i start wondering what i'm paying for. Until it's proven to be too quick, I don't care.
    -=702 Gamer=-

Quote Originally Posted by Fishydoom
    just a thought :

since there are so many naxx is so easy - wow of casual craft posts recently...

how many can clear naxx without using this ?

will naxx still be clearable in 2 hours without DBM ?

let's take some specific encounters, grob, loat as example... can the majority of people screaming that encounters are easy be able to beat these encounters without DBM ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    will naxx still be clearable in 2 hours without DBM ?

let's take some specific encounters, grob, loat as example... can the majority of people screaming that encounters are easy be able to beat these encounters without DBM ?
    Bad examples tbh, a better example would be something with actual timers, like eh...Faerlina with enrage (if you want to stop/prevent it that is) or the Locust Swarm from Anub'Rekhan.

I hope Blizzard only does internal testing instead of opening the whole dungeon for everyone, that way the content wouldn't go down on patch day tbh. Their new approach of "you can only do the bosses we want to be tested" is a good step in that direction though.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Bad examples tbh, a better example would be something with actual timers, like eh...Faerlina with enrage (if you want to stop/prevent it that is) or the Locust Swarm from Anub'Rekhan.

I hope Blizzard only does internal testing instead of opening the whole dungeon for everyone, that way the content wouldn't go down on patch day tbh. Their new approach of "you can only do the bosses we want to be tested" is a good step in that direction though.
    More bad examples....I've never acctually killed Feralina with taking her enrage off and on Anub you can just have melee and tank run once he starts casting the Locust swarm.

15+ Year Old Account

More bad examples....I've never acctually killed Feralina with taking her enrage off and on Anub you can just have melee and tank run once he starts casting the Locust swarm.
    Thanks for providing better ones.
    I also did state a big IF at Faerlina, and obviously less damage done from Locust Swarm is better even though still minor.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

er grob ? some people are clueless when they get the injection even with the big RW popping up their screen - auto skull marking on injected people so that you would gfto of their way ?

loat - er ... pop riptide/tidalwaves @ approx 4 sec, pre-cast your beefed up CH at 1.5/2 secs ? without the timer bar smacked in your face i can't imagine the average player being able to time it perfectly everytime

maybe you're pretty experienced but these little little tiny conveniences that DBM gives - trivalizes a somewhat perhaps relatively challenging encounter by itself (factor in that you have tankspot guides + wowwiki) to pre-empt what is coming

imo & my point is : blizzard pretty much made it "mandatory" that you use mods during raids if you don't want to feel like you're trying to solve a trigonometry problem while playing drums

Thanks for providing better ones.
    I also did state a big IF at Faerlina, and obviously less damage done from Locust Swarm is better even though still minor.
    @ emsa & bell

just focus on the issue man stop stroking the epeens - we get the point : you guys are cool and experienced

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    er grob ? some people are clueless when they get the injection even with the big RW popping up their screen - auto skull marking on injected people so that you would gfto of their way ?

loat - er ... pop riptide/tidalwaves @ approx 4 sec, pre-cast your beefed up CH at 1.5/2 secs ? without the timer bar smacked in your face i can't imagine the average player being able to time it perfectly everytime

maybe you're pretty experienced but these little little tiny conveniences that DBM gives - trivalizes a somewhat perhaps relatively challenging encounter by itself (factor in that you have tankspot guides + wowwiki) to pre-empt what is coming

imo & my point is : blizzard pretty much made it "mandatory" that you use mods during raids if you don't want to feel like you're trying to solve a trigonometry problem while playing drums
    Myea you got me there, I've only tanked Grobbulus so didn't know it put big ass skulls on your face when you got the disease. Loatheb still remains a bad example though, the debuff itself shows the timer, it's pretty obvious.

And gtfo with stroking epeens or being cool and experienced, I didn't bring DBM into this I'm merely replying to the comments. If you don't agree with me I'm fine with it, but it doesn't mean I'm automatically wrong.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮