Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Reactor

Re: What spec does the most damage/DPS in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd
    Hang on, so you don't spec into Ruin and yet you claim that "no affliction lock should cast Immolate". Even with Ruin Immolate does more damage, it's fact.

And the rotation, You leave Haunt out til the end of your rotation, why? Thats 20% less dps from your first dots. Nightfall is a nice cheeky little extra, not something to arrange your cast sequence over.

OFC this is all in my opinion...
    No worries, your opinion is 100% right. No offense "OOEMarshall," but you really should spend some time reading forums and trying out what they suggest before you start feeding people incorrect suggestions and make yourself look bad.

Honestly though, if that works for you, then so be it. Just realize that you're missing a lot of your potential. You're doing 4k DPS now? Clean yourself up a little bit and you'll break 5k.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by OOEMarshall
    I play an affliction lock, Have since the xpac came out. I use a somewhat strange build but it really boosts my SP when buffed. Self buffed I get up to +2400 dmg with around 600 haste 280 hit, my crit is low but our spec does not need high crit.
    I pump out right around 3800-4k dps on any given boss fight, And fights like malygos/sapphiron is where this spec really shines. 53-13-5 is my current build ive used it since the xpac came out, Since another lock in my guild is destro and he uses his imp I get to keep my Felhunter out, Which felhunter buff and improved fel armor I get an xtra 400ish SP. Fully raid buffed and flaskes I get up to almost 3k SP with capped hit and 650ish haste.

First of all, No affliction lock should ever use Immolate, You will get more raw dps out of 1 shadowbolt, It is a waste I have done lots of testing with this.

You should always start your rotation with Corruption becuase of the nightfall procs.

My rotation is as follows.

Corruption/Agony/UA/SL/SB/SB/SB when cor is about 1/2 way thourhg I use my first haunt, Then just keep haunt refreshed before corruption wears off you should never have to cast another corruption as long are your hit is capped and you watch your dot timers. Refresh UA the same time you do Haunt, About every second rotation you will need to SL and COA as well, Other then that its back the basic sb spamming. Like I said I have mostly 25 man naxx gear other then my trinkets and a few other items. I get around 3.8k dps on average on any given boss fight. I have even gotten as high as 4.5k on a few bosses, Nothing like thaddius or such, On those fights its easy for a an affliction lock to hit almost 6k dps.

LOL
    I hope your joking and you want to pull of soem sarcasm joke ;D
    No immolation and start with corruption? rofl

Let me guess, you use Felguard glyph too? :-X
    Nice hit too, are you able to hit a trainingdummy? :
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reactor
    No worries, your opinion is 100% right. No offense "OOEMarshall," but you really should spend some time reading forums and trying out what they suggest before you start feeding people incorrect suggestions and make yourself look bad.

Honestly though, if that works for you, then so be it. Just realize that you're missing a lot of your potential. You're doing 4k DPS now? Clean yourself up a little bit and you'll break 5k.
    Wrong quote?

Reactor

@Fannyd: Lol no...I was letting you know that you were right, then going on to try and explain more to Marshall. =P

@Bakis: I find it hilarious that you put that into your sig. Way to immortalize a terribad. XD

15+ Year Old Account

Reactor
    hehe watching a shitty horror/sci-fi movie on tv Land of the Dead, can't really decide which is worse. His post or the movie :P
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by OOEMarshall
    I play an affliction lock, Have since the xpac came out. I use a somewhat strange build but it really boosts my SP when buffed. Self buffed I get up to +2400 dmg with around 600 haste 280 hit, my crit is low but our spec does not need high crit.
    I pump out right around 3800-4k dps on any given boss fight, And fights like malygos/sapphiron is where this spec really shines. 53-13-5 is my current build ive used it since the xpac came out, Since another lock in my guild is destro and he uses his imp I get to keep my Felhunter out, Which felhunter buff and improved fel armor I get an xtra 400ish SP. Fully raid buffed and flaskes I get up to almost 3k SP with capped hit and 650ish haste.

First of all, No affliction lock should ever use Immolate, You will get more raw dps out of 1 shadowbolt, It is a waste I have done lots of testing with this.

You should always start your rotation with Corruption becuase of the nightfall procs.

My rotation is as follows.

Corruption/Agony/UA/SL/SB/SB/SB when cor is about 1/2 way thourhg I use my first haunt, Then just keep haunt refreshed before corruption wears off you should never have to cast another corruption as long are your hit is capped and you watch your dot timers. Refresh UA the same time you do Haunt, About every second rotation you will need to SL and COA as well, Other then that its back the basic sb spamming. Like I said I have mostly 25 man naxx gear other then my trinkets and a few other items. I get around 3.8k dps on average on any given boss fight. I have even gotten as high as 4.5k on a few bosses, Nothing like thaddius or such, On those fights its easy for a an affliction lock to hit almost 6k dps.

Omg,that is hilarious ;D  What is your locks name?  And guild name  ???      Dude,you can do 1k+ more dps if you get your rotation right... Use immolate,it IS a dps increase.
    Allways start with sb/haunt.. cast ua/immolate as one dot. 100% up time on haunt.  3.8 k as affliction is low,even if your in 10man.  And change your spec. Why would you not pivk ruin? Sb does 30% + dmg. Why would you choose to not boost your number one dmg spell?
    And just because some noob lock listens to you braging about your spec,doesnt make it good. Neither that your nr1 dps in your guild..  It just tells me that your guilds dps must suck and that your lock friend sucks even harder  ;D
    I pulled 4.5k on patch 10 mann as aff with ease. (no shaman buffs) and thats not a high number
    Do urself a favour,pay the 40-50 g in respec and try haunt/ruin. with immolate inn your rotation

Saying affliction really shines on Saph means your the one dude not killing the adds, letting them eat the healers. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Saying affliction really shines on Saph means your the one dude not killing the adds, letting them eat the healers. GG.
    Shine, not really, but we have the reliance of our pets sucking so we don't miss them THAT much if they die, still going with phased imp though.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    Shine, not really, but we have the reliance of our pets sucking so we don't miss them THAT much if they die, still going with phased imp though.
    Imp works just fine. You can have it dps pretty much the entire fight with 3 drakes and its still not an issue. At least it wasn't for me tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    Imp works just fine. You can have it dps pretty much the entire fight with 3 drakes and its still not an issue. At least it wasn't for me tonight.
    The poster before me was talking about sapphiron, not sartharion.

the guy before you doesnt know whats he talking about tbh, there are no adds at 'Saph' and affliction does shine there

Interesting, Best bit of advise I can recomment mate is go do some quests or make 500g on the AH. Then when your in Naxx 25 with your guild change your spec every day. See what works for you.

I find affliction works fine for me kicking out about 4500 dps in 25man. However one of the other locks in our guild sucks at affliction but his fire destro still kicks out about 4000dps...

At the moment there are no raids that really push dps so best bit of advise is play to whatever you enjoy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    The poster before me was talking about sapphiron, not sartharion.
    Well first of all, there are no adds on Sapphiron as the OP mentioned. People mess up dragon names 24/7. Besides, if you can keep an imp alive during a 3D kill, you can surely keep one alive through Sapphiron as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    Well first of all, there are no adds on Sapphiron as the OP mentioned. People mess up dragon names 24/7. Besides, if you can keep an imp alive during a 3D kill, you can surely keep one alive through Sapphiron as well..
    Sartharion 3d just involves pulling your pet back at times to not get damage, at sapphiron he will constantly get damage, therefor it's not viable to have a pet out during the fight unless we get a mend pet kind of HoT for our pets.

53-13-5 is now meme

nah
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Quote Originally Posted by Jashin
    53-13-5 is now meme

nah
    Why demonic aegis? It's not actually any good.