Problems with Disc Priest in Arena

Hello fellaws !

I’m having a bit of problems in arena lately with my discipline priest. I’m running disc priest / mutilate rogue in 2v2 on ruin.

My partner got 80 2 weeks ago so we don’t have the best gear yet. My main problem is that i’m getting completely destroyed by PvE geared. They have a lot of HP and still some fearsome offensive power. Self buffed i’m currently 21k HP and near 600 res. Yeah i know it’s not much, but next patch i’m getting all 3 pieces of WG i already have the marks.

I’m trying to get all the gear with + spirit on it to help on regen. I’ll be getting the 2 set bonus 50 res very soon, i already have the hateful sating legging ( vault ) and I’ll have the satin shoulder from my emblem of valor soon. I’ll be using 12 stam 8 res gems on my slots when i have the gear.

My biggest problem so far on arena is that i’m getting OOM VERY fast. I have only like 100mp5 while casting even with the tons of spirit i put on my gear. I’m not sure if i shoulda have gone for MP5...

Any piece of advice on why i’m getting OOM so fast ? Any tricks on how to gem ?

Thank you

My armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rthas&n=Jawbee

Re: Problems with Disc Priest in Arena

While casting i have about 140 something and i still go oom fast.. with the offensive dispells keeping me and my partner up i got oom incredibly fast and its a pita whenever im outta combat i drink so i go through alot of water.. idk what else you can do.. i have the mp5 gear but its still bad

disci priest itemisation is all about int and mana/5 (some from spirit - but you wont/shouldnt get use of OO5SR regen anyway so i wouldnt bother stacking it).

most pvp gear has low int on it, leading to a shitty mana pool and mana regain from mental strength/rapture, simply, gem/enchant int, use some pve high int items, kinda best advice i can give but tbh i wouldnt spec deep disci.

personally best plan for arena speccing for a healing priest is speccing 37/34 for blessed resiliance and focused will and all the other pvp stuff from both trees.
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Roll one of the world of meleecraft classes and arena on them... it's broken for cloth wearing classes (except mages).

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    disci priest itemisation is all about int and mana/5 (some from spirit - but you wont/shouldnt get use of OO5SR regen anyway so i wouldnt bother stacking it).

most pvp gear has low int on it, leading to a shitty mana pool and mana regain from mental strength/rapture, simply, gem/enchant int, use some pve high int items, kinda best advice i can give but tbh i wouldnt spec deep disci.

personally best plan for arena speccing for a healing priest is speccing 37/34 for blessed resiliance and focused will and all the other pvp stuff from both trees.
    No.
    No.
    No.

You should be gemming resil, and wearing full pvp gear, or else you'll be getting yourself raped instantly, 37/34 is stupid with a rogue, and is horrible advice, you would play 37/34 with a ret pally, with a dk, with any class that has enough survivability that YOU get focused, and even with ret, its sorta meh, because they have bop for you.

When playing with a mutilate rogue, they have a lot of reasons to make a quick-switch on to your rogue, meaning that without penance/painsupp he will probably die.

Also, No, spirit isn't useless, while int would be better, there is no choice for "extra int" besides pve gear, which I already said would just get you killed easier, arena water is the main form of regen for a priest, but spirit helps you get through the times where you can't sit down to drink, which is a good deal of the time, seeing as priests are generally focused and have no way to reliable get away besides rocket boots in a 5 minute CD, which are getting nerfed anyways.

i think it would healp your manabar if you would skill mantal agility, absolution, divine aegis and spell ward

i as a (rather experienced) disc priest don't really get much greater heals out (with these totally nervebusting melees hitting me), so i would just skip the talents which improve this, stack on crit and aegis and focus on flash heal/penance healing. socking mp5 and resilience too, but wont waste any points and time for even just thinking about greater heal =/ maybe its my playstyle but if you have at this time of world of (olololzommfgmassiveburstdmg)craft the time to get a 2.5 sec cast off, you could also get a 3 seconds one

short: forget greater heal and skill manabattery-talents, sock crit and mp5 (or spirit) and focus on flashheal/penance crits as they dont get affected by resilience ^^

p.s: ever got to see an inner focus/desperate prayer crit -> divine aegis of pure immortality? ^^ just amazing how much dmg it absorbs and how much mana you get back from this aegis.

just my experience at the moment; just my 2 cts
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by volunthas
    i think it would healp your manabar if you would skill mantal agility, absolution, divine aegis and spell ward

i as a (rather experienced) disc priest don't really get much greater heals out (with these totally nervebusting melees hitting me), so i would just skip the talents which improve this, stack on crit and aegis and focus on flash heal/penance healing. socking mp5 and resilience too, but wont waste any points and time for even just thinking about greater heal =/ maybe its my playstyle but if you have at this time of world of (olololzommfgmassiveburstdmg)craft the time to get a 2.5 sec cast off, you could also get a 3 seconds one

short: forget greater heal and skill manabattery-talents, sock crit and mp5 (or spirit) and focus on flashheal/penance crits as they dont get affected by resilience ^^

p.s: ever got to see an inner focus/desperate prayer crit -> divine aegis of pure immortality? ^^ just amazing how much dmg it absorbs and how much mana you get back from this aegis.

just my experience at the moment; just my 2 cts

should be gemming resil in yellow, 1-2 spell pen spell power in red, and resil stam in blue, sometimes throwing a resil yellow in other slots because only a few of the socket bonuses mater, once you get enough blues for meta basically just socket resil.

You should still be divine fury over spell warding because it increases your DPS, and priests should be playing really offensive against most of the teams you should be having problems with.