Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: For US Priests - Mind Flay

ouch i thought Deep wounds got nerfed this patch :/

I guess the mf bug will get fixed soon... they are fast in that..

;(

NO your DPS DID not go Up because of the Patch. simply cuz u play Better.

No there is NO bug.. learn about your class before posting any comments about a bug.. Our mindflay is Now working as INTENDED.

ps: dont hate me.. im enjoying it and dont want blizzard to Hot fix )

Quote Originally Posted by geestring
    NO your DPS DID not go Up because of the Patch. simply cuz u play Better.

No there is NO bug.. learn about your class before posting any comments about a bug.. Our mindflay is Now working as INTENDED.

ps: dont hate me.. im enjoying it and dont want blizzard to Hot fix )
    I think it was a fix really.

our flay ticks for what? 2.2k, I've gotten as high as 3.0k or so when my trinkets go off. Now this means a crit should be between 4.4-6.0. Pre-patch our crits were maybe the 4.4 the only time I ever saw anything higher was on cheat fights like loatheb/thaddius. Our talents are supposed to give us a 100% crit damage increase. Prepatch it wasn't really doing this (unless you are supposed to only crit on your low end spells, which I don't see as the case with mages and the like) So I think it was a fix, not a bug.

I should note that I haven't had a chance to raid post patch yet, so I am going just off of what I saw in heroics last night. I also had the perfect group setup in that heroic, but typically raid with those classes anyway. Being able to remain competative on damage meters for overall damage was a nice change.

/Thread

Moderators please remove this from the eyesight of the public.....fast for the love of Pre-LK Shadow folk....we need this :0P
    DOODAD_NAX_DOOR_SPIDER02

ps: dont hate me.. im enjoying it and dont want blizzard to Hot fix
    OH im quite enjoying it myself.Having most of my guild QQ'ing cuz they couldnt keep up with dps made me giggle in the inside

One of my fellow priests told me he was critting for 6.5k per tick on his mind flay. His shadow gear is better than my shadow gear, damn him, he needs to get a job. Anyhow, in my mostly healing gear setup, I was seeing 4k+ crits while banging out some quests last night.

It makes me feel a little dirty, but I'm not complaining.

It's to late, Blizzard allready knows.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1449...after-308.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    mindflay for some reason deals way more dmg then pre patch, think this is a bug =/
    7.771 Mindflay crit today on Sartharion straight after the pull, dying curse procced
    5-5.6k max on normal conditions and i even do not have 2k spellpower unbuffed

recognized overall dps increase since patch

Has any other class gotten the increased critical coefficent from Misery?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It's to late, Blizzard allready knows.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1449...after-308.html
    paraphrased for easy reading :

Nonamepug : OMFG NO WAI NO FAIR FU BLIZZARD OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP !!!!
    Blizzard : Oh we're sorry .....We didn't want them to be competitive and to still stay the only class that cant pull 5k,. we'll get the nerf bat out again.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

You read wrong.

It's meant to be read like this

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There is a bug in Misery probably very similar to what Delmortis describes above.

We want Shadow priest dps to be competitive, and since it's not a problem in PvP, we'll look into it, but not in a hurry, so enjoy your two weeks of being overpowered while we laught at hunters and warlocks.
    Also, on a more serious note, shadowpriest is MUCH stronger stable dps than warlocks, shamans, rogues (hahahahaha), and now hunters.

A WWS report for everyone to digest:

http://wowwebstats.com/2luj211idqsmu?m

This was from our first Sarth +3 kill tonight, four hours of wiping to the lag, and finally the kill. There are some 7.4k MF crits in there. Mine not so much, I've stacked crit as opposed to SP, thinking maybe I should change that given the current bug, lol.

EDIT: Altho on the winning fight I was 2nd \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien
    This was from our first Sarth +3 kill tonight, four hours of wiping to the lag, and finally the kill. There are some 7.4k MF crits in there. Mine not so much, I've stacked crit as opposed to SP, thinking maybe I should change that given the current bug, lol.
    I was under the impression that while crit definitely helps shadow priests, shadow priests should gear for spell power over crit after they reached the hit cap.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

You don't stack spellpower anymore. You get spellpower & another-stat

another-stat is then either crit , haste or mp5.

Our sarth 3d before patch: http://wowwebstats.com/yyubjuy6ghyn1?s=249424-306548

Will post post-patch once lag calms down. And yea, dp + mind sear > all

It appears top be fixed, on US servers at least...GG on doing it within 24 hours while rogues were bugged for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You don't stack spellpower anymore. You get spellpower & another-stat

another-stat is then either crit , haste or mp5.
    mp/5, you must be kidding... just did an entire naxx 25 last night and I cast dispersion an entire 5 times (including trash) and my fiend was cast 4-5 times... i simply could not go oom if I tried.

Without trying to oversimplify, SP still scales the best out of any stat... 19 SP gems are > dps then 16 hit gems... so you can argue it is even better than hit. There is an extremly good post at www.shadopriest.com that shows a lot of maths about scaling... its a bit technical but what it proves is that SP increases DoT damage superior to 1 cast nukes... now that our DoTs get a crit modifier applied to them it makes crit a nice stat but it also increases the rate of scaling for SP. In addition VT has double the coefficent it should have which again makes SP stupidly OP for that particular spell (expect it to be nerfed in the future imo).

Having said this, you should just blindly stack SP but if you do, more often than not it's the right thign to do. There are situations where a socket bonus is worth getting which makes crit/Sp gems highly desirable.

Lastly there is some interesting information on EJs showing that the SP/2% int meta may be superior to the crit/3% increased crit gem meta... not in all circumstances but it's worth a read.

I'm not kidding, I was reffering to general caster/cloth gear. And last time I checked, our best-in-slot weapon got mp5 on.

Ofcource, I meant it for healers. It's called generalizing.

Without trying to oversimplify, SP still scales the best out of any stat... 19 SP gems are > dps then 16 hit gems... so you can argue it is even better than hit.
    Says your silly simulator.

If you get proper fucked by RNG the picture could show the value of 16 hit gems would be twice as good as 19 spellpower.

You haven't even been running simcraft iterations yourself, so ttshh..

Lastly there is some interesting information on EJs showing that the SP/2% int meta may be superior to the crit/3% increased crit gem meta... not in all circumstances but it's worth a read.
    3% increased crit damage will ALWAYS , and I repeat ALWAYS, SCALE BETTER WITH GEAR.

Theroycraft almost never includes scaling. It's meant to be used as a NOW thing, not a IN A WEEK/MONTH/YEAR thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I was under the impression that while crit definitely helps shadow priests, shadow priests should gear for spell power over crit after they reached the hit cap.
    This is pretty much true. Without trying to sound like a complete a-hole, I'm one of the best SPs on my server (not necessarily the best) and I don't have anything to prove. So I've been playing with my gear, I decided to stack crit a bit. Crit improves our DoTs as well as affect every other offensive spell we cast, and I wanted to see how my DPS was if I stacked it a little. Given the results there, and in the face of all the theorycrafting, spellpower is probably the way to go. But hell, when you've beaten everything and it's already time to farm every boss into a boredom, a little experimentation is fun and might just make you a better, smarter player

Re: 3.0.8 Mind Flay Discussion

I've been trying to get socket bonus with spelldmg/crit gems where possible (got 2 of em socketed so far) and that's about it. I'm at 19% crit / 1870 sp (no inner fire). I am too lazy money-wise to experiment so I'm leaving it as is, extra 10-20 dps don't matter that much in this farmable content