New idea for how to change inner fire and keep the charges

Ok, so I know a lot of people have been talking about how to change inner fire to make it make a bit more sense. Here's what I propose.

Inner Fire:

A burst of Holy energy fills the caster, increasing armor by 1800 and spell power by 95. Each melee or ranged damage hit against the priest has a chance to remove one charge. Lasts 30 min or until 5 charges are used. If dispelled, each charge is dispelled separately.
    14% of base mana, Instant cast

And then make the talent:

Increases the effect of your Inner Fire spell by 45%, and increases the total number of charges by 5.

So, you make inner fire take dispel priority and it each attack has a chance to pop a charge. Blizzard gets to keep the charge mechanic they like, we get a buff that last longer, and dispel protection for our other buffs (since we generally need them pretty badly).

Thoughts?

Re: New idea for how to change inner fire and keep the charges

How about making it work like Fel Armor, a permanent non-dispelable buff.

It would be only fair. Fel Armor still provides more spellpower than ours, and while we get armour, warlocks get self-heal.

Make it a very low proc rate on the usage of charges, or make it like 10 (+5 with the talent). Otherwise, I like it. Very very much so. Might even make it worth glyphing in PvP >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    How about making it work like Fel Armor, a permanent non-dispelable buff.

It would be only fair. Fel Armor still provides more spellpower than ours, and while we get armour, warlocks get self-heal.
    Or this. Or Mage armor and give us regen. Or molten armor and give us crit. Or Frost Armor to snare our attackers so we can get away. Oh wait.

Just extending the duration to 30 minutes would be enough. If you care about PvP, I guess you could ask for some kind of reactive effect from a charge being removed (damage/snare to the attacker). Not that it would solve our PvP problems >.>

Why not just make the spell work like shaman shield?

The charges can only be "used" every few seconds.

Wether it should be dispellable or not, is something I'm not going into.. I can't dispel anyway.

Well, if debuff's like winters chill need to be dispelled individually, i don't see why buffs can't be treated the same. There's not a lot of buffs with charges that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mora
    Well, if debuff's like winters chill need to be dispelled individually, i don't see why buffs can't be treated the same. There's not a lot of buffs with charges that I can think of.
    The elemental shields, Lifebloom, Inner Fire, Holy Shield. Anything else I'm missing?

I like the shaman shield idea, it would be nice if it didn't become useless because we're facing rogues/pets instead of something slower hitting. Dispel I'm not sure about how I'd like it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The elemental shields, Lifebloom, Inner Fire, Holy Shield. Anything else I'm missing?
    All valid to get the same separate dispel treatment too :P Those would all be great(er) if they got individual dispels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Or this. Or Mage armor and give us regen. Or molten armor and give us crit. Or Frost Armor to snare our attackers so we can get away. Oh wait.
    Diversity is good. The point was just that Mage Armor and Fel Armor were made undispelable and don't have a duration.

Since Blizzard is so "in" on normalizing classes, why not making the 3 caster classes have each their armour buff?

personally I feel it should be 30 mins none dispellable. keep everything else the same.