Troll Mage for Arena, How does it compare to Undead / Blood Elf?

I will be leveling a mage soon along side my cousin who decided to start playing the game. I know Undead / Blood Elf have been the races of choice for a while now when it comes to arena, but visually I'm not happy with either. I know functionality > appearance, but because of the addition of Voodoo Shuffle a few months back, made me wonder if it may actually be helpful enough to put the Troll race on par with others for arena. What do you think? Are trolls now more viable for arena then they were before due to Voodoo Shuffle? Would it be worth passing up Undead / Blood Elf racial abilities for a better looking character model?

Re: Troll Mage for Arena, How does it compare to Undead / Blood Elf?

Yea i recentlly started re rolling horde mage and this is what i came up with

1.Troll
    2.Belf
    3.Undead

troll beacuse yes voodo shuffle kinda sold me the class it just makes everything a lot easier to kite and dont foget about beserking it stacks with icy veins i think (correct me if im wrong) but if you want to save your self from ugly apperences make a troll male lol the females are fugly

Belf second though the silent/mana gain are sick allsilences share diminishing returns now so that kinda turned me off the 6% base mana regen is still pretty good, not great. Also the spell resistance is good but if you going standard frost or arcane spec you get magice absorbtion which increase all reistances by a lot

Undead Magic absorbtion>Wotf in my opinion i guess canabolize is good for lvling

Better looking?
    Undead is the best looking mage in game.
    Their casting animation is awesome to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mage-you-look
    ... if you want to save your self from ugly apperences make a troll male lol the females are fugly
    Scratch that, reverse it. the males are ugly and look like hunch backs. aside from a few beastly face models, the females are allright and at least have good posture, and other assets.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeth
    and other assets.
    you sir fail...
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

If you guys are worried about aesthetics, you should roll alliance.

Thanks for the opinions. As far as appearance goes, I don't care if my character is a hunch back or has an ugly face, I just want the models of gear I've worked hard for to be displayed in all its glory. On an undead your armor is extremely small, has holes all over, and just doesn't look good in my opinion. Again, I know its not all about appearance but it does affect my choice of race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankiz
    Better looking?
    Undead is the best looking mage in game.
    Their casting animation is awesome to.
    agreeeeeeeeeeeeee xD also WoTF is +1 pvp trinket as soon as there's lock or priest, seriously it's very damn useful on arena, cannibalize can be used on arena also for the fastest regen and da vodoo shuffle it's more useful for melee than caster imo, cuz as mage if u have chance to escape it doesn't matter if it's 2sec longer slow, in pvp build only rogue can slow u as much as u slow rest(cone of cold with talents is 70%, its very strong) but ofc u can go for troll, about blood elves: racial is good but u must stay in close range to silence and it's not always possible, -2% to hit for enemy spells, well it's not so good at least for now, everybody has at least PvE weapon(maybe offhand if not wearin staff), wand, it's usually with enough hit rating

Voodoo shuffle's a nice touch, but even with that, I don't see Berserking standing up to Arcane Torrent or Will of the Forsaken. It's just too clunky as a caster (in my opinion at the very least).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

An extra interrupt/sinence will turn the tide in a huge amount of games if used at the right time, and the mana back is a nice bonus too. And agreed, Will of the Forsaken is and always has been a great PVP tool.

Trolls don't really have much to offer that will turn the tide of a fight in comparison, from a PVP standpoint.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.