is this a good trinket for Disc?

I recently got Soul of the Dead (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40382). Im wondering if its worth it with 28% crit raid buffed. A guild member said is averaged out to about 87 mp5. Any info on this trinket would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rgath&n=Espers

Re: is this a good trinket for Disc?

Short answer, yes. Long answer: Fuck yes.

Given the thing's got a decent proc rate, it'll help putting up Renews and ease the burn of the occasional PoH or Greater that you have to throw out.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Nothing to add realy.

Given the thing's got a decent proc rate, it'll help putting up Renews and ease the burn of the occasional PoH or Greater that you have to throw out.
    I thought the long answer was 'Get your fukkin hands off it you greedy DPS'ing buggers it's mine I tell you, MINE!'

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Deleted

Defenatly a nobrainer to take.

EDIT: I just read the thread on noble's deck, I have seven pieces of nobles in my bank...
    Is it a good trinket for discipline and what would you take? +90 spirit or +103 intel (through mental strenght), with a 345 intelproc?

I'm currently running with egg of mortal essence and jetze's bell, at 1943 spellpower(selfbuffed) 21% crit and 163 haste. Would you advise me to loose the egg to get the nobles trinket? thus loosing about 100 spellpower

15+ Year Old Account

[color=teal]Short answer, yes. Long answer: Fuck yes.
    Best possible answer ever.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious
    Regen is great but unless you find you're holding back for fear of going OOM 100 sp is gonna help more. It might be best to carry both trinkets around and decide which is best for whatever situation you find yourself in.

Your crit and haste make sense if you aren't in mostly epics but if you are it sounds like you may be gemming for int and spirit. You might want to go for more Haste and crit. Haste first because your lower there.
    Yes I'm gemming for intel/spellpower, but i'm still only at 19.3k mana

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Yes I'm gemming for intel/spellpower, but i'm still only at 19.3k mana
    Int's gonna help you out for your Meditation, for your Rapture, and give a tiny bit of crit chance. But the 100 sp makes the crits that you do have bigger, makes your shields absorb more, and gives you more through rapture to begin with, without relying on a proc.

It's for this reason that I put Spell power slightly above Intellect when gearing. Only slightly though.

Deleted

So if I got it right both will benefit me equally when it comes to mana-efficiency, so I'll just stick with what I got, because it's cheaper. ;D

I'll try to aim for 2.2k spellpower for now, while not gimping my mana, I still get 23k mana in 25mans so that's not to shabby.

Using recount and checked logs few times on my mana gain.

Trinket returns more mana to me than cloak enchant/mana gem/shadowfiend atleast on longer fights.
    So in my opinion best pve trinket mana gain wise with my deep holy raid spec.

Just my thoughts, but if you need a manaregen trinket on a DISC priest you really have something wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Just my thoughts, but if you need a manaregen trinket on a DISC priest you really have something wrong..
    For standard disc healing, it's not needed at all. But the second we have to throw Nova's or PoH's out there, our mana starts to drop considerably, let alone we start using those Borrowed Time buffs for Greater's.

It's not that we need the mana regen trinket, it's that when it comes to the expensive stuff, this helps the burn and greatly so.