Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is this dmg increase i exp the "fix"?

i just lol'd when i entered naxx today both our shadow priests in 25 man is above 5k dps i mean they are 1st on dmg done and dps on almost every boss fight

SICK.... SP are the new hunters?

Re: is this dmg increase i exp the "fix"?

They broke a talent and it is giving a higher coefficient to all their spells, so yeah..

Which talent did they break?

The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Mind Flay get a 30% higher effect form spellpower. Which is ALOT more than just 30% dps increase

Am I doing something wrong? My Mindflay seems to hit no harder than pre-patch. Crits for a max of around 4k on bosses.

Like always, Blizzard applied yet another bugged patch, and Misery wasn't working as intended with Mind Flay and Mind Sear. Sometimes I swear blizzard employ a pack of goats...so many bugs in 3.0.8.

It got fixed, and EU realms being restarted as I type, bye bye 6k dps

The reason they didn't fix the rogues can be that it was hard to implement, as opposed to Misery change (most likely change in the formula, recompile the shit, restart the realm).

I doubt there's any "hate" involved but I did love those 8k mind flays.. it did cause all the classes to qq about spriest being OP, after finally being able to compete

6K DPS? I just hit 5.1K on patchwerk... love to see a WWS of someone close to 6K to see where i'm going wrong.

http://wowwebstats.com/c25t22nqpbp5q?s=271538-297243 WWS of my 5.1K dps

Well, basicly your raid-buffed Mind Flay is doing less damage than I'm doing unbuffed on a target-dummy.

That was, while the bug was live. Afaik it's been fixed, that was really the point about "bye bye 6k dps", since it was only possible during a bug.

I see you're lucky with RNG, getting almost no misses when you're meant to get 3.3% misses on all your spells.

It looks like we got the old, buged version of MF back. So much for fixes.

I just hope this will show blizzard that shadow priests need bugs to be competetive in boss fights, it "probably" means that something is wrong.

It was not like we where dominating, I did about as good as the mage and warlock.

Well, back to fighting with the shamans for 7-8 place in dps...

Yeah, the last tick is delayed again, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

After a few more tests, can't seem to make it be delayed. Think it's fine now.

Probably just if your server lags.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Well, basicly your raid-buffed Mind Flay is doing less damage than I'm doing unbuffed on a target-dummy.

That was, while the bug was live. Afaik it's been fixed, that was really the point about "bye bye 6k dps", since it was only possible during a bug.

I see you're lucky with RNG, getting almost no misses when you're meant to get 3.3% misses on all your spells.
    You are either seeing me in non raid gear on armory or you dont know your numbers very well... i have 285 hit +3% misery... means im 5 hit rating under the cap or 0.1% or something like that. So I seldom miss... looking at all boss encounters i missed 0.3% of my MFs, 0.2% of my DPs and 0.8% of my SW... all other spells hit 100% of the time... as i've been posting, hit isn't what it used to be.

I saw you in 200 hit gear on armoury It wouldn't surprised me if you had done a raid with that gear, since you preched that spellpower > hit in another thread.

Never the less, the rest was right

My server (aka Burning Lagion) does lag alot, so I hope you are right. I'll test it again later.

Not wanting to start another thread:

The Mind Sear dmg was totaly over the roof with this bug, yes. Especialy when you add DP + DK into the mix.

But don't you think that our single target dps was, well, kinda cool? Or is it just me, that couldn't get close to mage/warlock (hunters I will not even mention) dps? For just one day I could realy go neck to neck with them now.

It's not BAD, like it was in TBC and just after 3.0 (before the buffs), but as ppl are geting better and better gear shadow priests seem to... stay behind a little?

Or is it just me?

I saw you in 200 hit gear on armoury It wouldn't surprised me if you had done a raid with that gear, since you preched that spellpower > hit in another thread.

Never the less, the rest was right
    You can't just blanket this > that... 1 hit is better than 1 SP but 2 SP is better than 1hit... when it comes to gems you are far better off going with 19 SP than 16 hit...

I have several gear compositions, unless im raiding you're going to see me with a sub hit set because hit doesnt do anything for lvl 82s... you're hit capped from misery & shadowfocus alone... when im raiding i put on my 285 hit set. I also will spec disc & holy in any given week in which case I have healing gear on

You mean doing 1500 dps MORE than the other classes?

I think it's fine, shadowpriest is very close to the other classes. It's mostly down to gear, and fight type who wins dps.

On Malygos I always win, even before Phase 3

I wouldn't complain about our damage, we're competive enough to be part of the ulduar-25man-raidgroup when that time comes.

But a tip to make your RL love you: Improved Vampiric Embrace.

It's not much, but it's enough to pick you over yet-another-mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You can't just blanket this > that... 1 hit is better than 1 SP but 2 SP is better than 1hit... when it comes to gems you are far better off going with 19 SP than 16 hit...
    I strongly disagree.

But a tip to make your RL love you: Improved Vampiric Embrace.
    It's not much, but it's enough to pick you over yet-another-mage.
    Or steady and powerful AoE.
    Or being able to go on for a long time without being stopped by loss of mana.
    Or being the replenisher.
    Or having no issues with aggro.
    Or dying extremely hard in PvE.

Many many reasons out there :>

After a few more tests, can't seem to make it be delayed. Think it's fine now.

Probably just if your server lags.
    Just confirming this.