is devouring plague an aoe now ???

yesterday i went to obsidian sanctum with my guildies doing it with one drake (tenebron)

this morning I was checking the wowwebstats and it seem that devouring plague hitted like 12 sartharion twiligth whelps and 8 lava blaze hitted tenebron 2 time and sartharion 9 times so 31 application over 7 minute 34

with the cooldown the figth would have needed to last over 12 minute

do anyone else can confirm this

possibility I think of are bug with the ineteraction with mind sear or bug with the DK spell pestillence

Re: is devouring plague an aoe now ???

pestilence

Deleted

It was spread by a DK. Pestilence

Pestilence spread all disease. Im pretty sure its working as intended, synergy never hurts.

ok if its pestilence spreading it can any priest confirm me it was like that before 3.0.8

it was like this always.

Quote Originally Posted by steroni
    ok if its pestilence spreading it can any priest confirm me it was like that before 3.0.8

Yes, it worked the same before patch.

thx a lot for the information will advise my friend shadowpriest with it since we first bring a dk yesterday (we had none before)

I thought it was my X-Perl bugging out at first, showing DP on everything when I changed targets. Then one day it hit me that it only happened on our bigger runs where we had a DK. Found out Pestilence spread all diseases. Thanks for the DPS, DKs!

This been happening for a while. Hence why the extra Disease is always a dps improvement for your deekays, even if they can't spread it.

You may be noticing this now more than the previous patch as Death Knights have had the cooldown of Pestilence removed, allowing them to spread diseases more frequently than before. Before, in order to build threat on all targets, I generally used Icy Touch, Plague Strike and then Pestilence, so unless you were casting Devouring Plague at the start of your initial spell cycle, the Death Knights you have grouped with may have spread the diseases before you had cast it, and then not been able to use Pestilence again due to the cooldown.

Without a cooldown, it will be more likely to get spread to all the mobs before the first mob you are attacking is killed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Our guild has been using the tactic of spreading DP to the sarth adds for awhile now... all our priests (including our holy ones) have a macro which casts DP onto our DK's target and he spreads 4 DPs to all the adds... does insane amounts of dps and heals all of us for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Our guild has been using the tactic of spreading DP to the sarth adds for awhile now... all our priests (including our holy ones) have a macro which casts DP onto our DK's target and he spreads 4 DPs to all the adds... does insane amounts of dps and heals all of us for a lot.
    Same. Whenever I see an DK in party / raid, I make sure to start off with DP on his target.

1 question...the threat generated is on dk or on priest?
    2nd question...the heal goes on priest or on dk?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by v-ice
    1 question...the threat generated is on dk or on priest?
    2nd question...the heal goes on priest or on dk?
    1. The threat from Pestilence goes to the DK. The threat for the Plagues goes to the priest.
    2. The heals go to the priest.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!