Thread: New to Holy

New to Holy

Hello all, I've recently hit 80 (levelled as shadow) and just respecced to Holy.
    Currently my points have been spent as this http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hindoun&n=Maas

I chose the build from wowwiki priest builds page but i'm guessing that is probably outdated now after the patch?

I'm not going to jump into try healing heroics or anything, its going to be Nexus/Utgarde Keep normal to start with (with my guild for the practice)

Simply can anyone link a few Holy (or even Discipline) builds that might get me started?

Cheers!

Re: New to Holy

Assuming you "recently" hit 80, that you'll have regen problems, and that you'll do more heroics that raids.

Holy (23/48/0): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhxzbZfxxccMqihVho

That's a very mana efficient build, which also gives you extra spellpower from Divine Spirit.

It's what I use when I respec holy to heal instances in full gear with very little regen (my main spec is shadow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Assuming you "recently" hit 80, that you'll have regen problems, and that you'll do more heroics that raids.

Holy (23/48/0): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhxzbZfxxccMqihVho

That's a very mana efficient build, which also gives you extra spellpower from Divine Spirit.

It's what I use when I respec holy to heal instances in full gear with very little regen (my main spec is shadow.)
    Thanks for replying, i was concerned about the regen and was looking at Divine Spirit but was worried that i would be losing out on the 51 point ability and Divine Providence.

I'll give your suggestion a try.

Thanks again!

DS is the best build until you get 250-260 i5sr mana reg. Then you can change to the classical 14/57 holy build with guardian spirit.
    However you can try discipline until you get the first heroic epics, than change to holy.

If you just want to heal instances and heroics, you may to give disc a shot. It's more mana efficient than holy and does the job just as well.
    You really don't need CoH untill you start raiding.

Stay shadow; way more fun ;D

lies, CoH is massive fun in heroics.

I press it just because I can, not because it's nessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Silai
    If you just want to heal instances and heroics, you may to give disc a shot. It's more mana efficient than holy and does the job just as well.
    You really don't need CoH untill you start raiding.
    CoH means I can smoke a cig, drink a beer, and heal all at the same time and my sammich won't fall in my lap.

WON'T BLIZZ THINK OF THE SAMMICHES!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Priest_builds

Has a number of builds to choose from. I would say either the 23/48 or 14/57'ish builds would be the best.

The problem with going Deep Disc, and why I wouldn't recommend it, is the fact that for it to truely shine you need a different set of gear. Disc recommended stats is generally Haste, Crit and M5 - much different than holy Int/Spirit.

I'm personally not a fan of Guardian Spirit. Too situational. I'd rather have the point elsewhere.

If you want to try disc, by all means do. Read up on it beforehand tho. Small things like the shields not workin on druids makes it more problematic in those situations.... also shields don't show up on meters, so anyone who wants to 'compete' need not apply to Disc. That and the different set of gear/stat needs compared to a 'normal' priest.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I press it just because I can, not because it's nessary.
    But that's what Penance is for, and Penance looks pwetty!!

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

I like to spec into disc for improved prayer of spirit, the extra SP gives a huge boost in holy, especially in 5mans where renew PoM and flash shine. As far as holy goes, mana efficiency is the fun of the spec; using the 5-second rule adds an awesome element to an otherwise repetitive game...also on a side note, if you run into disc gear later as holy, take it if you can; it can make using the 5-second rule trivial with the mp5.

You'll be able to heal heroics with good tanks after a few gear changes once hitting 80, but keeping up the just-def-capped 22k tank might need to wait till more practice and gear. Or just raid heal in naxx, get some free loot...profit.