Thread: Holy Glyphs?

Holy Glyphs?

I'm in two minds about which glyphs to pick for my holypriest after 3.0.8. And we're talking PVE here.

Gllyph of Flash Heal: Well, this is a given. A great glyph no matter how you twist it.
    Glyph of Renew: Frankly, I don't use renew a whole lot as I consider it a very weak spell compared to a flash heal.
    Glyph of Circle of Healing: Pre-patch, this was awesome, but now I'm no longer really convinced... I didn't really use CoH a lot yesterday. Considering switching this. But to what?
    Glyph of PW:Shield: It's not a bad glyph, but it's not really a holy glyph either. We have a very active disc priest in my guild, and if I cast my shield, I'm usually cramping his style. Tend to not use the spell.
    Glyph of Dispel Magic: This was my third pick earlier, but the recent nerf to this glyph has left me with a void. Doesn't feel worthy of the glyph slot in PVE.

What glyphs do you use, and why?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted

Re: Holy Glyphs?

Glyph of Circle of Healing is still a nice glyph, I'd say defenatly now that CoH has a 6sec cooldown, being able to heal one extra person every six seconds. So this glyph I would still take.

Glyph of Flash heal, 10% reduced manacost is just to big to pass on, at least from a discipline point of view.

Then I'd say either glyph of dispel or renew, that one comes down to personal preference.

15+ Year Old Account

If you can train your DPS (at least casters who stand near you usually) to click the lightwell, I would really think about the lightwell glyph. A Hot that ticks for over 4000 every 2 seconds is nothing to scoff at.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

AetherMcloud, i havent dared to spec for lightwell yet, do you have any experience with it and is it worth the talent ?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxz
    AetherMcloud, i havent dared to spec for lightwell yet, do you have any experience with it and is it worth the talent ?
    Last time I specced holy (I am shadow usually, but every so often I like to heal too) I had around 2100 Spellpower (including Spiritual Guidance, IIRC). My Lightwell healed for around 3500 without the glyph and with the glyph for around 4200.

It's really nice now. It ticks 3 times in 6 seconds, heals for A LOT, and the hot only breaks if you take more damage than 30% of your full health with one hit/spell. So even the MT could use it if he finds the time to click it.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

AetherMcLoud: The lightwell glyph, humm... hadn't really considered that.

No, I must admit that I do have troubles getting my guild to use the shiny. But I may actually be able to get the tanks to use it. And that could be worthwhile.

Thanks for the idea!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Last time I specced holy (I am shadow usually, but every so often I like to heal too) I had around 2100 Spellpower (including Spiritual Guidance, IIRC). My Lightwell healed for around 3500 without the glyph and with the glyph for around 4200.

It's really nice now. It ticks 3 times in 6 seconds, heals for A LOT, and the hot only breaks if you take more damage than 30% of your full health with one hit/spell. So even the MT could use it if he finds the time to click it.
    I like your idea, i'm going to try it this night @naxx + voa.

In naxx there're really few battles where lightwell is not so useful and these are imho KT (after the 1° mob wave) Maexxna and Loatheb
    A good placed lightwell can be useful in the air phase of sapphiron.
    It is VERY good with Sartharion, Anub, Malygos, Archavon, Razzuvious and expecially Gothik