Resto Druid after Patch.

Ok. So I wanted to test Resto before my guilds fresh Naxx25 tonight so did Babysitting duty in Naxx10 last night taking some peoples Alts and lesser geared people through. I dont need anything from Naxx10, I can pick up Epic bracers to make myself full Epic but would pass anyway to help gear Guildies....anyway i digress.

First thing I noted was I obviously wasnt using WG that mch anyway. I mixed between MT healing and Raid healing depending on Boss and how hard he hit. I had a Fresh Ding Pally there (exceptional Healer though who was T5/T5.5 Geared) and another Tree who has just started healing with little to no experience.

I used Regrowth more, so much that I didnt notice emerald dragon figurine wasnt working properly, but I did have to use innervate on 1 or 2 of the bosses but I put that down to Higher Mana output other than anything else. I didnt use a mana pot all night as usual. I have high Spirit as i am a spirit Whore. I am Ragnor on Scarshield Leagion in guild Real Men Wear Pink if you would like to check my character and spec.

I just managed my CDs af if i was DPSing so used Swiftmend allot more than usual and WG when it came up, infact thats wrong. It was there whenever i wanted to use it...TBH the CD didnt change my healing much at all.

OFC it will hurt more on bosses like Leotheb where CoH & WG was nearer 60-70% of my healing. Or the Dance where i Combine it with Rejuv + swiftmend to heal people who cant dance while I am on the move.

My top 3 heals yesterday were Regrowth (Probably cos of xtra MT healing) on 37%. WG 29% & Lifebloom 27%.

I did 58% of healing with the other 2 pretty much equal.

It had the desired effect. Poor Druid and Priests will no linger go top with facr rolling where good druid will hardly notice the difference. A good Nerf if there is ever one.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Re: Resto Druid after Patch.

On loatheb, most of your healing should be coming from lifebloom and regrowth anyway, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Boson
    On loatheb, most of your healing should be coming from lifebloom and regrowth anyway, surely?
    I'll throw up a few hots just before the end of the aura, perhaps a WG, some rejuvs around, and then I'll drop some nourishes on the low people. TBH, I rarely do any of the healing on Loatheb because everyone takes such a small amount of damage. I normally just let a priest or two take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tilgare
    I'll throw up a few hots just before the end of the aura, perhaps a WG, some rejuvs around, and then I'll drop some nourishes on the low people. TBH, I rarely do any of the healing on Loatheb because everyone takes such a small amount of damage. I normally just let a priest or two take care of it.
    Yeah, the damage taken isn't spectacularly high. But I find druid healers are able to crank out the most healing on that fight.

I throw lifeblooms on 3 members of the raid 10 - 8 seconds before the necrotic aura fades. That way, when healing is possible, they bloom and give a nice heal. In the other time, I rejuv as many targets as I can, throw a wild growth on 2 secs before it ends, and begin casting regrowth at 1.5s. When that hits I have time for a nourish and a swiftmend on the rejuv targets.

Lmao. This is how it works for those who manage Leotheb wrong. Druid OWN Leotheb healing when done properly. In 10 man i do 60% healing and it 25 with 7 healers ill still do 25-30% and be clear top.

10 to 7 secs left on Aura.

You should use LB here on your 3 main Targets. The LB you do here will BLOOM when the aura is off so Tanks, Healers then top DPS in order of priority.

7 to 4 Secs.

Pick a few targets for LB/Rejuv just for a little extra healing. The person in most danger gets one Rejuv ready for a instant swiftmend.

4 to 3 secs.

WG Once on either Melee or Ranged (before patch it was one on Melee and one on Ranged). Depending on who needs most. If you have more than 1 Druid/Priest make sure you do one and the other does another.

3 to 0 Secs.

Cast regrowth on a low target that goes off as soon Aura drops. (Hope for Crit) Cast 1 or 1.5 Sec Nourish x 2 & Swiftmend you chosen Target with Rejuv on.

Does properly and you will see more green numbers dancing than you ahve ever seen. But WG will Heal (before patch) on 10 People for 3 ticks of average 700 = 21000 per aura round = a very high amount of your Healing.

Follow this pattern and you will Own healing meters on Leotheb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    Lmao. This is how it works for those who manage Leotheb wrong. Druid OWN Leotheb healing when done properly. In 10 man i do 60% healing and it 25 with 7 healers ill still do 25-30% and be clear top.

You should use LB here on your 3 main Targets. The LB you do here will BLOOM when the aura is off so Tanks, Healers then top DPS in order of priority.

7 to 4 Secs.

Pick a few targets for LB/Rejuv just for a little extra healing. The person in most danger gets one Rejuv ready for a instant swiftmend.

4 to 3 secs.

WG Once on either Melee or Ranged (before patch it was one on Melee and one on Ranged). Depending on who needs most. If you have more than 1 Druid/Priest make sure you do one and the other does another.

3 to 0 Secs.

Cast regrowth on a low target that goes off as soon Aura drops. (Hope for Crit) Cast 1 or 1.5 Sec Nourish x 2 & Swiftmend you chosen Target with Rejuv on.

Does properly and you will see more green numbers dancing than you ahve ever seen. But WG will Heal (before patch) on 10 People for 3 ticks of average 700 = 21000 per aura round = a very high amount of your Healing.

I don't see the point of 'owning' the healing meters if everyone is doing their job. If all your healers are doing their best during this fight there shouldn't be any reason as to why you should do 60-70% of the heals. I usually time my LB, Rejuvenations and Swiftmend properly to hit just as the aura dissipates.

You own the meters on THIS fight because our heals are suited to this fight. Others cant heal the way we do so you SHOULD own it by doing a good job.

A good job on other bosses ofc wont see you owning the bars but other fights are not suited for Druids. Remeber we have the Raid saving Tranquility for this fight as well.

7 to 4 Secs.

4 to 3 secs.

3 to 0 Secs.

Yes. That's what I do.

But you are clearly not, as you mentioned 60-70% of your healing was wild growth.

Allow a lsight exaggeration. perhaps 50/60%.

anyway-----The topis was supposed to be what Rother Restos thought of Healing after patch. Not healing technique on Leotheb

OK, it got slightly derailed.

Yes, I like it after the patch. Also means that priests who spam CoH don't link the healing meters and act all smug.

I am Ragnor on Scarshield Leagion in guild Real Men Wear Pink if you would like to check my character and spec.
    /wave

Ello SSL Buddy!