Deleted

Question about Extract of Necromantic Power

Hello,

Picked up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40373 yesterday and when i went to a training dummy i found out it dindt proc of mindflay.

Isnt it so that mindflay is a channeled DoT so it should proc from it? I got glyphed version of mindflay but i think its still a channeled dot cause it gives a debuff on the target wich can be dispelled.

If anyone knows if theres a problem with it please tell me

Re: Question about Extract of Necromantic Power

I read somewhere that in order to fix the delay on MF they had to make each tick act like an indiviual spell... this fix may have changed how MF is interpreted and thus is not considered periodic damage?

Timbal's used to proc from MF and the wording on the extract is the same... personally I still feel blizzard describe mechanics poorly and there are many occasions where the same word has different meanings. They really should standardise a glossary of terms with constant definitions.

Picked Extract up about a month ago; it does NOT proc from Mind Flay. I'm pretty sure Mind Flay is exactly like Arcane Missiles now in terms of mechanics.

But it procs wonderfully from our three DoTs ^_^

you really dont need to care about it, the trinket will only proc 1 time every 30 secs

avg procc rate ~ 30s .....can miss... bad trinked... ;(

It apparently benefits from SF, SW, Misery etc etc etc... so there is some conjecture about how good the trinket really is... yet to see a good post with some decent math to see how it compares to other choices... i'd like to play with it if I get the opportunity but thus far haven't been too lucky with rolls.

I haven't done any math, but I've been running with Illustration + Extract for some time, while my teammate has been running with dying curse + extract. When we swapped the extract for sundial, we saw dps increase. It's not that good of a trinket, at least not with current crit we get from gear (as of tonight I'm at 20ish %).