Thread: Wild Growth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Wild Growth

The holy light glyph was hotfixed to 8 yards down from 20 yards which was ridiculous to begin with. The same patch that Blizz decided to end the trivial aoe healing spam they introduce a "proc a Coh" to paladins and many are riding that train.

Blizz stated glyphs were meant to be small bonuses and not game breaking but when palas reported 30+% of their healing from that glyph, thats no longer game breaking thats just breaking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    No, they don't overheal because they don't tick if the target is at full health.

I know what I mean when I say it. Just because the spell is on the target, unless it's actually healing him.. it doesn't.. do anything. I have never once seen my Rejuv continue to heal after the target hits 100%. :P

Meaning.. it.. isn't possible.. for a HoT to overheal.. at all.. and not just because 'recount says it doesn't'. You obviously havn't been playing this class for long.

It isn't wasted mana if you have the hots on them at full health, because as soon as they get hit, the hots tick again... but in no way does it mean they overheal.

..srsly.

edit: Oh, and in b4 you try this arguement. If you count them being at 98% and a hot ticks, the overheal would be so tiny that you would STILL be at the bottom of the overheal meter.
    I think his point was that you are still wasting mana when the HoTs are "ticking" with the target at full life. Sure, they don't ACTUALLY heal, but if you only used half the HoT's duration to put the guy to full health, haven't you just doubled that HoT's HPM? I really think that was his point. Even if they aren't actually ticking, you are still technically overhealing.

And even if they get hit again, whatever duration of the HoT that was not healing is being wasted. It's not like the timer on the HoT suspends itself when the target reaches 100% HP...

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a druid who uses a glyphed HT. The following argument is not biased by me trying to defend myself as it does not represent my own play-style. I am, however, going to provide an apparently unpopular perspective on how a glyphed HT CAN be a viable addition to a resto druid's healing arsinal.

A glyphed/talented HT is the best non-instant cast "Oh S#@t!" button that we can have. Even though its spamability is limited by its GCD, being a .5 (or more) faster cast than Nourish means that it has an extra .5 seconds to helpfully heal the target before that target is killed by a second blow. Also, it has no pre-requisits to be fully effective, unlike Nourish, which requires one or more HoTs to be on the target to perform at its full potential. IMO, HT is the best single-target raid heal that we can have. That being said, it has a number of obvious drawbacks, including the high investment of talents and a glyph slot. For many druids, its healing power or high "cost" to use, or the fact that it removes the availability of our strongest instant-cast healing combo NS-HT (unglyphed), makes glyphing and specing for a 1-second HT undesireable. For a select few, the strength of this spell as a raid heal makes it worth the investment.

Nourish is not as fast or reactive as a glyphed/spec'd HT. For Nourish to be as powerful, a HoT must already be on the target. If a raid member were to take a massive spike of damage, HoTing the raid member and then casting Nourish would be absolutely idiotic in most situations, unless, for example, you're fairly confident they won't be taking more damage. It would be faster in that case to just cast a Regrowth on the target. And Wild Growth, even if cast every 6 seconds, has a very low likelihood of actually being on the desired target when a fast heal is needed.

Some may argue that it's not the druid's "job" to take care of spike raid damage, and casting a direct heal should be done by another healer, but HoTing is not a manditory or the solitary role of a resto druid and it's perfectly reasonable for a druid to opt to use direct heals in addition to their HoTs. In general, what "you" do as a resto druid is not necessarily what all resto druids should be doing. We have options. Some prefer to play in a way that is very much viable but happens to be well outside the norm.

I'm fairly confident I could spec and glyph HT and would still own the healing meters on nearly every fight.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Or you know what... instead of bitching about which type of druid healing is superior you could spec/glyph/gear for the type of healing you want to do and actually have *gasp* fun.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    Or you know what... instead of bitching about which type of druid healing is superior you could spec/glyph/gear for the type of healing you want to do and actually have *gasp* fun.
    think that says enough, topic closed.

horray for the belf dk.

<-- rolling lifebloom/rejuv, wg on cd, and spamming my glyphed ht,

1.08 ish second ht casttime healing for 6k raidbuffed around 8.3k crits,
    hitting buttons is hard http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&n=Ehoode

Actually while running MH and BT I heared myself complaining when the raidleader said do the raidhealing... . But as complaining is not always as effective as it should be I found myself spamming Regrowths (besides the tank hotting I never ever got cured of)

Now we have the option to be fastest healer for raid dmg spikes, why should I drop this option? And the argument from talent point costs is rediculus in my opinion - I never saw Living Seed to increase my healing throughput by more than 3 or 4 percent (and at this time I used glyphed Regrowth as directheal) - And I also never saw the Rejuvenation mana regen Talent to appear far from the botton of the mana regen meters - so why should I bother with that crap?

Lifebloom the two tanks.

Wildgrowths going on every cooldown.

Nourish spam when gcd is ready.

Reju + Swiftmend on spikes

-> Win

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe the 6 sec cooldown is good or not.

We did not need a aoe heal before, cause we got Tranq with 4 min cooldown(imp). The point in getting WG talent is digging to deep into a resto tree that has useless talent points. Live Seed is not worth it, replenish neither and Gift of the Earthmother: "Reduces the base global cooldown of your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth spells by 20%." So we stack 5 points the reduce the global cooldown of WG but get slapped on a 6 sec cooldown. I think Blizzard needs to rethink this talent also.

What you fellow druids think, Change Gift of the Earthmother also? Change WG into Nourish or regrowth?

Quote Originally Posted by spaycez
    Any one else love this "nerf". The best part about it is hearing Priest cry.
    AMIRITE???
    I <3 U and i agree. I was blowing priest's away before the CoH/WG CD anyways cause i stuck with the old school LB, rejuv rotation with WG used sparingly. I got nothing but <3 for my priest friends but the days of being 2nd or 3rd on the charts with 80+% of your heals being done by CoH are over, time to go back to your roots. Now since they took away the priest easy-mode button how doing something about the 'comatose player friendly' banana beam =D

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    It is wasted mana, I can't believe you can't see something that simple of an argument about it. Say you put rejuv on someone but they're at full health, all that mana you spent on that hot is entirely wasted. How is that fundamentally different from what you call an overheal? You're spending mana on heals that aren't healing. How is that different than a paladin throwing a flash of light on someone who's at full health? They both cost mana, yet are useless if the person is already at full. Again, them 'not ticking' is just how your UI handles it. I can prove to you that they're ticking too, and it's really simple. Put a rejuv on someone who's at full health. Does it stay on them indefinitely until they actually take dmg and it heals them? No, of course not, every 3 seconds a tick of the rejuv timer falls off, and after 18 seconds the HoT falls off entirely, wasting all that mana.
    No, its not the same at all.

Throwing up rejuv on someone who may or may not take dmg is infinitely better than waiting until the person takes dmg to put up rejuv. If a player takes a bit of dmg, then hot is already there to take care of them, and if need be, you can cast swiftmend on them instead of using a GCD to cast a rejuv which may be the difference between life or death of said player. Plus if its just a little dmg that rejuv will take care of the healing while you can focus on the tank or other players that might need healing also. Pallies and priests don't have the luxury of being able to heal someone without targeting them effectively.

I would much rather see that HoT fall off but be prepared for a spike in dmg, than to worry so much about overhealing HoTs that the player gets spiked and dies because of it. I havn't played resto druid much, but I've been pretty effective and havn't lost too many people by placing rejuv on players and being prepared for spike dmg.

Either way, IMO, if you're not scraping for mana and everything is going smoothly for the raid/group then overhealing shouldn't matter. If you're always running low on mana and overhealing a lot then you gotta look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by bendora
    Live Seed is not worth it, replenish neither and Gift of the Earthmother: "Reduces the base global cooldown of your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth spells by 20%."
    I think you'll find most of us do consider Living Seed to be worth it, and the same with GOTEM.

tack 5 points the reduce the global cooldown of WG but get slapped on a 6 sec cooldown. I think Blizzard needs to rethink this talent also.
    Just because the spell now has a cooldown it doesn't eliminate the gain from having a shorter GCD. GOTEM is fine.

Change WG into Nourish or regrowth?
    What's the point of having a shorter GCD on Regrowth when even with Nature's Grace it still has a 1.5s cast time... As for a shorter GCD on Nourish, again, it's only when Nature's Grace procs that it'd get any benefit, which is far less useful than a shorter GCD on Wild Growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!