Thread: 0/31/40

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

0/31/40

Looked around forums, couldnt look at peoples armory whats the talent build + Glyphs id want :P

Re: 0/31/40

Just go a play mage.

its been changed to 55/0/16 or 2/13/56. 31/40 is dead unless you want to do less damage than a druid...

Reactor

The above poster is incorrect. 0/31/40 is still a very strong build, although it won't quite catch up to Full Destro or Full Affliction.

The build you should take is THIS.

The glyphs you'll use are Glyph of Imp, Glyph of Immolate, and Glyph of Curse of Agony.

Your pet will be the imp. Make sure you turn off Phase Shift so he can get buffs.

Your rotation will be Curse of Agony -> Corruption -> Immolate -> Incinerate until Immolate has less than 3 seconds left -> Conflagrate. Refresh DoTs when needed.

Look for food buffs that increase haste, and remember that with this build haste > crit. Also, if you don't have 2PT7 yet, leave out Corruption from your rotation because it will just be a DPS decrease.

This build is absolutely superb for people who can't or don't want to handle the stress of Affliction or the chaos of Destruction. It's simple, easy, and you'll still find yourself among the top of the DPS charts. You can also grind and quest with this build with extreme ease, something that you *may* find hard with a pure Affliction build.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Reactor
    0/31/40 is still a very strong build, although it won't quite catch up to Full Destro or Full Affliction.
    what dps charts are you seeing? as you have stated dps from 31/40 is not very respectable. in fact it is second to the bottom only passing 0/53/18 (the lowest dps spec) by around 100 dps. why would you want to do about 2-3k dps less than most locks? if the op is looking to have a play style like a "caster" 2/13/56 even played bad would top the output of 31/40. if like your saying you just want a utility/lvling build go demo till 80 then spec for dps. I can't see the point of ever going a hybrid spec anymore...

Reactor

Honestly I'm not sure about post 3.0.8, but I was 0/31/40 before the patch and I was keeping up with a better-geared 0/20/51 lock. Naturally I couldn't beat him, but I gave him a run for his money and stayed right under him the entire time.

With (supposed) buffs to Chaos Bolt, along with the new Glyph of Conflagrate, I'm pretty sure that it'll now be a different story...but 0/31/40 is still the easiest warlock spec to play while dealing *decent* damage.

But yes: to the OP, if you think you can handle it, I would definately recommend looking into a full destruction build. It's a little chaotic at first, but spend about a half hour throwing nuclear bombs at the target dummies and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. There's nothing quite as satisfying as seeing a 20k Chaos Bolt slam into a raid boss every few seconds.

I wouldn't recommend affliction right now as it's full of bugs, plus I never enjoyed spending four hours straight staring at DoTimers. To each his own, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    its been changed to 55/0/16 or 2/13/56. 31/40 is dead unless you want to do less damage than a druid...
    iv been playing 31/40 still because iv been to lazy to respec and havnt decided what to respec to yet! And im still pulling off aroud 4.5k :s i wouldnt say my gear is amazing either ;o

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...edenar&n=Bezki

Another pplz tht suggest to sacrify pet...waist of talent point..maybe in TBC u can do tht for spammin SB..but now....Have u play in Wotlk?? coz no1 Lok i have have seen on the server till sacrifice his pet coz bring a good dps ......
    And maybe u have to change class coz if u say ht with tht speck u can stay on the first 3 position in dmg meater maybe u go in raid with 62 lvl team.... lol

maybe try 55/0/16 or 0/55/16 or 0/20/51 or something else if u wanna be competitive...ovvisuly depend from ur gear and ur abilities to play ur class...

Quote Originally Posted by interlude
    iv been playing 31/40 still because iv been to lazy to respec and havnt decided what to respec to yet! And im still pulling off aroud 4.5k :s i wouldnt say my gear is amazing either ;o

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...edenar&n=Bezki
    ..eehhm do u say tht ur gear is no amazing?? is respectable gear but sayin' " i do 4.5k " didn't mean nothing post WWS or say where u do tht....aoe pull boss trash general..

Quote Originally Posted by LASYRGEKAN
    ..eehhm do u say tht ur gear is no amazing?? is respectable gear but sayin' " i do 4.5k " didn't mean nothing post WWS or say where u do tht....aoe pull boss trash general..

Well i don't use WWS, and dps with aoe is alot higher on trash ofc ;o
    Thats on bosses like Archavon and Patchwerk, where there really isnt much movment :< in encounters like OS 3Drakes ill manage around 3.5k but there is alot of moving myself and my pet around. Im hoping when i respec i can get a bit higher tho! But atm im really not sure what id be getting this week we have cleard naxx and malygos with major lag so it was hard to really see the proper dps output.

Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by LASYRGEKAN
    Another pplz tht suggest to sacrify pet...waist of talent point..maybe in TBC u can do tht for spammin SB..but now....Have u play in Wotlk?? coz no1 Lok i have have seen on the server till sacrifice his pet coz bring a good dps ......
    And maybe u have to change class coz if u say ht with tht speck u can stay on the first 3 position in dmg meater maybe u go in raid with 62 lvl team.... lol

maybe try 55/0/16 or 0/55/16 or 0/20/51 or something else if u&#160; wanna be competitive...ovvisuly depend from ur gear and ur abilities to play ur class...
    Have you ever tried to keep an imp alive during Sartharion? Sapphiron? Even Keristrasza? You'll get more out of saccing for the fight and resummoning than you will just leaving the pet phase shifted. I never suggested saccing the pet every time.....it's just a useful tool to have in your toolbox for when you might need it every once in a while. Where else are you going to put that point...Demonic Embrace? LOL.

Hmm how about 0/40/31 ???

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...ear&n=Infinity

Never readed lock forums i just came out with that spec after lookin the talent tree for an hour ;o

+5%crit on fire + 8% demonic tactics 4/5 = win i say

I use that spec for my alt been farming heroics and been in naxx once for fun :>, had some probs from imp dieng thats troo, so i sacrificed 2%crit for some healing to my pet, and healing scales good as im getting gearz,

Is it enouph to save my imp at end game fights?

Dunno if some1 tryed that spec, but im very happy so far, only bad thing is that new conflag glyph is very small upg8 for me since i dont have backdraft =(

And ye i keep pet not phase shifted, it has nice hp with buffs after patch, Also i buff my imp with fel synergy + i get SP by imp thats imba ,

Dunno if is it any good for teh pro warlockz but i c that spec as a veeery nicely scaling build

So u can have an image of how my spec works with stats

With my sucky gear i go from 1466sp unbuffed to---> 1660 when my imp is out and 2040 when fel armor is up

also from 23.28%crit to --->29.65% cause of imp + firestone

pet keeps up ~390-400 dps without any raid buffs, demonic empowerment refreshes it self since i made some macros :> as im doing my rotation

Pls dont tell me i suck PLS !!xD

Have you ever tried to keep an imp alive during Sartharion? Sapphiron? Even Keristrasza? You'll get more out of saccing for the fight and resummoning than you will just leaving the pet phase shifted. I never suggested saccing the pet every time.....it's just a useful tool to have in your toolbox for when you might need it every once in a while. Where else are you going to put that point...Demonic Embrace? LOL.
    I'm wondering why you keep handing out "advice" when you continue to prove that you obviously arent capable of doing so. I keep my imp alive and DPSing just fine even with 3 drakes on Sartharion. It's just a bit of micro and with the change to avoidance it's really pretty simple. Actually there are hardly any encounters apart from perhaps melee pets on Heigan where you can't keep them alive if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    In fact it is second to the bottom only passing 0/53/18 (the lowest dps spec) by around 100 dps. why would you want to do about 2-3k dps less than most locks? if the op is looking to have a play style like a "caster" 2/13/56 even played bad would top the output of 31/40.
    Perhaps you are just playing it bad? I specced Meta/Ruin yesterday for Naxx, just to test it. I had never played Demo in raids before (rerolled preLK) and still managed a top5 spot over the entire run. You are claiming there is a 2-3k difference. Mind showing me those 8-9k dps logs? Demonology is capable of doing A LOT of dmg, regardless of what specc you choose.

Furthermore 31/40 is pretty sweet for Sarth+3D for the ppl who want to be able to fulfill their jobs, while still surviving an encounter that requires a bit of attention in between casts.

31/40 is pretty much dead. I'd recommend 28/43 with the new conflag glyph.

2/23/46 is the new incinerate spam build and it also gives a massive boost to your imp dmg.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IbZcxczsxMZVcGVr0uVoAcc

Glyphs = immolate , curse of agony and conflag.

Rotation = immolate, corr, corruption, conflag, incinerate x filler, conflag again when its up.

Bloodlust = immolate, corr, corruption, conflag, soulfire x3, incinerate filler, conflag, soulfirex3 ...rinse and repeat.

Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    I'm wondering why you keep handing out "advice" when you continue to prove that you obviously arent capable of doing so. I keep my imp alive and DPSing just fine even with 3 drakes on Sartharion. It's just a bit of micro and with the change to avoidance it's really pretty simple. Actually there are hardly any encounters apart from perhaps melee pets on Heigan where you can't keep them alive if you want to.

Perhaps you are just playing it bad? I specced Meta/Ruin yesterday for Naxx, just to test it. I had never played Demo in raids before (rerolled preLK) and still managed a top5 spot over the entire run. You are claiming there is a 2-3k difference. Mind showing me those 8-9k dps logs? Demonology is capable of doing A LOT of dmg, regardless of what specc you choose.

Furthermore 31/40 is pretty sweet for Sarth+3D for the ppl who want to be able to fulfill their jobs, while still surviving an encounter that requires a bit of attention in between casts.

Die.

Die.
    Thank you for proving my point.

Reactor

Going through YOUR prior posts, all you've done is insult and laugh at people. At least I'm trying to help.

Anyway, enough on the troll. Back to the current topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgganzish
    2/23/46 is the new incinerate spam build and it also gives a massive boost to your imp dmg.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IbZcxczsxMZVcGVr0uVoAcc

Glyphs = immolate , curse of agony and conflag.

Rotation = immolate, corr, corruption, conflag, incinerate x filler, conflag again when its up.

Bloodlust = immolate, corr, corruption, conflag, soulfire x3, incinerate filler, conflag, soulfirex3 ...rinse and repeat.
    This is an interesting build, how's it working for you, Urgganzish?

Going through YOUR prior posts, all you've done is insult and laugh at people. At least I'm trying to help.
    Prolly because I have to run around and correct all the misinformation you throw at people around here

If you read the rest of the post you will find that it contains plenty of on topic subjects.