Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

57/3/11 if u tried it then tell wat do u think about it

seriously for me it's just perfect, no mana issues, top dps, it's more fun that FFB and animations are another advantage for me xD tell how u guys are feelin in this spec for me just couldn't be better... link ur chars, here's my http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aker&n=Forneus

Re: 57/3/11 if u tried it then tell wat do u think about it

I am really enjoying it, more than I expected.
    I did some testing on PTR and knew it was going to be interesting but didnt expect how it good it would be raid buffed with replenishment, BoW and kings you can easily get up x3 AB, AM with proc and ABarrage with no mana issues at all which was not what I was expecting really. I guess because of the large mana pool replenishment is much more effective. Along with replenishment I have nearly 500 mp5 while casting raid buffed with mage armor and glyph, feels really nice to acutally have to use evocation and actually use some of that spirit which was all over the T7 rather than it just going to waste really.

Been topping meters hitting a constant 5-5.5k dps and getting near to 7k dps with arcane power and bloodlust in 25man raids but ofc this is not consistant just a peak.

Armory here although EU armory is a bit dodgey atm I have found :/
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tland&n=Necron

Will try and get the WWS from my most recent raid some time tomorrow so can see the breakdown

*Edited for fail grammer

i have enjoyed putting out 4k dps on test dumies, for a 1 minute fight, you can just spam arcane blast for some huge damage, or you can use the AB/AB/AB/Abarr/ABAM combo for big burst, or take it easy and never run out of mana with AB/AB/Abarr/ABAM combo's for pretty reasonable dps, it's nice because we can ramp up the dps for the times when it's needed.

Tried it out today on my mage alt, Gear is nothing amazing but was pushing 3k-3.8k DPS without flasks/food or optimal groups on bosses ( no boomkin, ele shaman ).

Rotation though for me is ABx3/AM/Arcane Barrage at the end to get the AB Buff, Then for burn dps Macro PoM/AP/IV + Trinket and Start with a PoM Frostbolt + Rotation.

10K+ Crits with AP even with my gear ( 2 70 epics, 4 80 heroic Epics + 80 Quest Blues ).

Stats are 1622 Spell Damage, 24% Crit, 323 Hit and 236 Haste, Im sure with the 4 Set Bonus from Tier 7/7.5 + some decent gear from 25 mans you could easily push to top 1/2 in raids.

One of mages was popping out 6k-7K dps on Sarth 3Drakes, will have to check out his DPS for patch.

Mana isnt so much of a problem either, Though you've got to time your Gems/Pots + Evo well. I couldn't see myself in my current gear being able to use a DPS pot rather then a mana pot.

There is a lot of talk about arcane & it being the best.

But 20/51/0 proves very good at single target dps also.

http://wowwebstats.com/dbqn4k11pfahq?s=471770-500473

Deleted

Yesterday, as a usual we did a "Laggramas" except Patchwerk without lag (lulz lucky) so, 5700DPS with this spec, the two others mage did 5k/5k2 with Arc Fire, but I totally forgot to use my CDs again at 35% so ~6k is easy to hit with this spec.

Mana is not a problem, even better than other specs, I was around 90% at Patchwerk 30% life.

Very enjoyable to play, I wont say arcane is the best, I think they're all equal FFB/Arcane/ArcFire, just different to play.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    i have enjoyed putting out 4k dps on test dumies, for a 1 minute fight, you can just spam arcane blast for some huge damage, or you can use the AB/AB/AB/Abarr/ABAM combo for big burst, or take it easy and never run out of mana with AB/AB/Abarr/ABAM combo's for pretty reasonable dps, it's nice because we can ramp up the dps for the times when it's needed.
    It should be AB/AB/AB/ABAM/Abarr, but preffered to use AM withMBarrage. You can do it without, but personally i'd rather just hit ABr and wind it up again if MBarr hasn't proc'd (which it should, it was proccing once ever 3 or so spells last night).

but I totally forgot to use my CDs again at 35% so ~6k is easy to hit with this spec.
    Enemies at >35% health doesn't effect arcane in the slightest.

As for my experience...Once you get the "arcane shatter" combo right (Lhivera coined the term 'Mirage'[AMissile-ABarrage]), the amount of frontload damage you can unleash in 5s or so is insane. Coupled with a AP/trinket/gem, AM ticks were critting for 4.2k and the ABr at the clip of the last AM tick critted upwards of 13k.

Deleted

Enemies at >35% health doesn't effect arcane in the slightest
    I know, but it was just to say I forgot to RE-use my AP/IV/POM etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaki
    I know, but it was just to say I forgot to RE-use my AP/IV/POM etc...
    I see

Trying to stack CD's with heroism now isn't as valuable either, it makes Mbarrage's nearly impossible to 'mirage'. So with 40% threat reduction, I'd recommend blowing CD's as much as possible during a fight, and if they align with hero, i'd either save IV or just cut out AM entirely until it becomes more manageable.

Can't tell if I'm doing somthing wrong or I simply suck but I'm only getting somthing like 2700-2800 dps [including evo time] and go OOM after 4min. [Edit: forgot to add, on dummy]
    used 2 gems and evo'd twice

my basic rotation was ABx2-ABar and if missile procs ABx2-AM,ABar combo
    used AP IC POM during the 4minutes [dps spiked to 3k]

my armory is
    http://kr.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7%84&n=Zenobia

can anyone help me out?

Oh, and back on topic. Didn't expected it but I'm loving it. Very entertaining to dps with and requires a more active mana manegment.
    I always liked fire because of it's crackling casting but ffb took alot [if not all] of fun out of it with it's frost casting animation
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

It may be a bit anecdotal, but with ffb before patch i was at 3.5k-ish dps, doing about 4.4k on patchwerk. Post patch as 57/3/11, i'm up to 4.4k dps for the night and 5.5k dps on patch. I am loving arcane!

Tried it last night on Sartharion. Still needs some getting used to but the impression from just 1 raid is awsome!

First: I've always been Frost, never liked fire and definitly never ever liked arcane.
    But i was getting abit tired of the FFB and wanted to try something else. Lets go arcane.

So, i couldnt reach the same dps on test dummies, but i decided to try raiding anyway.
    With the rotation AB+ABr AM on proc my mana doesnt move at all and im at top 3 dps without using any cd's

When Tenebron lands and we need to burn him down asap i change rotation to ABx3+AM+Abr and burn AP+IV, getting my dps upto insane numbers. Since recount counts the full fight i cant rly say how much but I'd guess im pushing around 7k with BL
    With Tenebron down, i still have enough mana to Aoe adds.

I must say - so far i love this spec. DPSing good at "5th gear" in a steady tempo (1 or 2 AB+AM+Abr, not using cd's), but yet being able to "gear down" anytime i want and push it up to 6-7k is lots of fun

(might add i do 5k with FFB)

So I just got done running 25-man Nax with my guild and I'm blown away. After posting several times on this forum about being and loving frost I think I have just been converted. I decided, since I had the gear for it, to repsec Arcane for the run tonight to see how it shapes up. After re-gemming all my gear and re-glyphing my spells I was ready to go. Having a 6% chance to hit now with precision and arcane focus I was able to throw in a ton more spell power gems. Finally came my first boss fight and I was ready to go, and omg arcane is finally fixed. Using a AB > AB > AB > MB > ABar rotation my dps was rediculous. Originally I thought I was going to have to use more mana pots and pop evo more often because of the mana increase from AB but deciding to use glyphed mage armor with arcane med with an extremely good descision. Only reason I even popped a mage gem was to get the spell power from the tier bonus. At the end of the run tonight I was on top of the meter with 5.76k dps. Thats 1.2k more dps than when I was using my frost spec on bosses which is huge.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...h=010418010608

AB -> AB -> AB -> MB -> ABar

Hey,

i was testing 57/3/11 yesterday with the correct glyphs active. In Naxx (10) my only Problem was my Mana actually. Could you tell me how you managed to stay non-oom during a longer bossfight? I used the Rota: AB AB AB AM Abar (4AM tick) when AM proced and AB AB AB Abar without proc. My Equip isnt bad so i dont understand actually why you had no Problems with your Mana.

Quote Originally Posted by #kyira
    Hey,

i was testing 57/3/11 yesterday with the correct glyphs active. In Naxx (10) my only Problem was my Mana actually. Could you tell me how you managed to stay non-oom during a longer bossfight? I used the Rota: AB AB AB AM Abar (4AM tick) when AM proced and AB AB AB Abar without proc. My Equip isnt bad so i dont understand actually why you had no Problems with your Mana.
    going oom is the point. with that rotation you want to burn down your mana then evocate + gem and burn it down again. the trick is to make your rotation last 2 min for the evo cooldown. if you can do that you'll be fine and do crazy dps...

okay well i understand the idea from Arcane to burn my Mana down with IV AP and AB spaming and use Evocation + Manastone but then i have to keep my Mana up for 2 Minutes but i dont know how when i use the Rotation: AB AB AB (+proc = AM) Abar...

Quote Originally Posted by Agelól
    You will need a closet scorch mage
    or frost mage

I'll post these when I find them on EJ.
    there is a topic just on arcane mages that has a ton of info...

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t42876-arcane_thread/

And frost mages are still below FFb and definitely 18/52/0, so you probably lose the dps value of the arcane mage being there by having one.
    a frost mage with points into arcane to get focus magic is a better team than a frostfire mage for an arcane mage. more mana plus more crit (up to 6% extra crit through focus magic proc) is win win. he might do less damage than ffb but he is going to boost my dps and my crit by a ton making up the loss. frost with points into arcane has come a long way and is only around 300 dps behind ffb...

damn that's cool to see all you happy guys, I'm amazed too, this spec requires some thinking and when u do it correctly :P dmg is insane 8)

just one question, I saw that u said that's best to use AB3x and then AM and Abar, I used AM only when I had proc, so u say thats better to use AM no matter if I get proc, is it better dps? 100% sure? please answer

Quote Originally Posted by forneus
    damn that's cool to see all you happy guys, I'm amazed too, this spec requires some thinking and when u do it correctly :P dmg is insane 8)

just one question, I saw that u said that's best to use AB3x and then AM and Abar, I used AM only when I had proc, so u say thats better to use AM no matter if I get proc, is it better dps? 100% sure? please answer
    "1) Your regular rotation, unless severely limited by mana, should ALWAYS be ABx3-AM-Abar, REGARDLESS of missile barrage proc. Remember to use Abar before the 5th tick of AM."

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t42876-arcane_thread/